Monday Night Game: What Do You Need Tonight?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:59 am

It sure looks like a stinker of a Monday Night game, but fantasy owners still have a lot at stake with tonight's matchup. What do you need tonight to secure a win in Week 12 of the NFFC?

Good luck all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sack

Post by Sack » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:25 am

Just one rotten point from the San Fran Defense, c'mon Derek Anderson! Plus, keep Vernon Davis at 23.1 or below. Puts my fate back in my own hands for week #13 after a brutal showing yesterday.

Since your asking, have Jim Christie remember what the word SILENT partner truly means. Don't you have a slow draft or something to keep the big guy busy for the next month or two or maybe three? ;)

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:29 am

I think you are gold in the first quarter, Ken. :D

I got Arizona's defense going in about 5 leagues tonight but unless they score about 40, it really doesn't matter.

Might be one of those "head to bed early" games and see the boxscore in the morning. :D

Good luck to everyone who needs something. ;)

Sack

Post by Sack » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:51 am

Billy:

I'm with you on Arizona! I'm on the outside looking in with one of my Online leagues. Only shot is points, I was down by about 40 and made most of that back. However, the guy I'm chasing has Gore & Fitz versus the Zona Defense. I may implement your box score plan to save some anguish! Enjoy.

perrylin

Post by perrylin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:55 am

I need Steve Breaston to outscore Vernon Davis by 7 points to clinch the h2h title but I don't think it'll happen.

Riverdog

Post by Riverdog » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:32 pm

I have an interesting question, if you needed to bench a player to give yourself the best chance at a playoffs (2nd place in this case) and leave a blank at one roster spot .....

1. Is it possible ?
2. Is it ethical ?
3. Is it within the rules.

We might be in this situation but can not leave a spot empty. It will not allow....
(we kinda need the team playing us to win to stay in 1st so we have a chance at highest remaining points)

anyone been in this scenario ?
2006 WCOFF CHAMP !
2008 3rd Overall NFFC Classic, Regular Season Points Champion!
2008 and 2009: WCFF Magazine experts league Champ.
2011 Gunning for a 2nd National title

cdavault

Post by cdavault » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:45 pm

Originally posted by Riverdog:
I have an interesting question, if you needed to bench a player to give yourself the best chance at a playoffs (2nd place in this case) and leave a blank at one roster spot .....

1. Is it possible ?
2. Is it ethical ?

We might be in this situation but can not leave a spot empty. It will not allow....
(we kinda need the team playing us to win to stay in 1st so we have a chance at highest remaining points)

anyone been in this scenario ? its a little late for that River you killed them this week :( but there is still a chance! all he needs to do is win next week!

Riverdog

Post by Riverdog » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:50 pm

well, he has to win and one other team has to lose.....
2006 WCOFF CHAMP !
2008 3rd Overall NFFC Classic, Regular Season Points Champion!
2008 and 2009: WCFF Magazine experts league Champ.
2011 Gunning for a 2nd National title

cdavault

Post by cdavault » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:04 pm

well, he has to win and one other team has to lose..... he has top points so if he has best record he wins the tie breaker and will be number one if he wins next week right?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:22 pm

1. Is it possible ?
2. Is it ethical ?

anyone been in this scenario ? Todd, you can't have only 8 or 9 starters. You have to have a legal lineup of 10 eligible players. You can start an injured guy, but all positions must be filled. Hope this helps and good luck down the stretch.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius