is there going to be a basketball league?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:43 am

Originally posted by Purple Helmets:
Greg, looks good.

How many teams (owners) per league? 12 teams per league. We pay the top three spots.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:45 am

Originally posted by Purple Helmets:
Well then...lets get it on. Greg, any place we can look at the rules from last year...thanks. Anyone who wants the rules can e-mail me at [email protected]. I'll send out the Rules to you in a Word document. Again, I'm just waiting for NBA's approval before making this official. The delayed start will limit the number of signups we can take in, but maybe they'll blast out an e-mail to their customers for us and get some new interest. Either way, we'll give out league prizes and crown an overall champion. Stay tuned.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

stevop24

Post by stevop24 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:46 am

Greg,

Count me in. Can you give us an idea of the time, day, etc?

Thanks,

Steve (and Alex) Pletkin
Wonder Boy/Ball Dude
"When I walk down the street they'll say there goes Roy Hobbs...The greatest that ever was."

RapTors

Post by RapTors » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:10 pm

is there any way you would consider a 2nd lower entry fee?? say 250.00??? just not willing to shell out 600.00 on a sport that i havent participated in a fantasy league since lew alcindor. but am interested, thank you RT

Greenlight30

Post by Greenlight30 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:44 pm

Greg I'd be interested again.

Milkman Dead

Post by Milkman Dead » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:42 pm

Yeah, let's do this!

I enjoyed playing last year even tho I wasn't pleased with my 2nd place league finish. I'm cool using the same rules but would like to see one minor addition: ranking our preferred draft position. We didn't get to do that last year and I got the spot I loathe the most.

A Tribe Called Evil

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:45 am

Originally posted by Milkman Dead:
Yeah, let's do this!

I enjoyed playing last year even tho I wasn't pleased with my 2nd place league finish. I'm cool using the same rules but would like to see one minor addition: ranking our preferred draft position. We didn't get to do that last year and I got the spot I loathe the most.

A Tribe Called Evil KDS could be done easily, especially if we use STATS as the stat service this year as planned. I'll get it going. Look for the signup list soon.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:46 am

Originally posted by RapTors:
is there any way you would consider a 2nd lower entry fee?? say 250.00??? just not willing to shell out 600.00 on a sport that i havent participated in a fantasy league since lew alcindor. but am interested, thank you RT That's a possibility as side leagues, not as part of us crowning a National Fantasy Basketball League champion, though. I need to see what my licensing and back-end support costs are going to be first before I know if I can offer satellite leagues. This has been a long process that I need to finalize today or tomorrow so that we can promote this and get it going. I'll post something very soon.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:49 am

Originally posted by Wonder Boy:
Greg,

Count me in. Can you give us an idea of the time, day, etc?

Thanks,

Steve (and Alex) Pletkin
Wonder Boy/Ball Dude I hope to start a signup thread today or tomorrow and get everyone's thoughts on this. My thought is to hold the draft online on Saturday, Oct. 28th in the early afternoon. 16 rounds shouldn't take much more than 2 1/2 hours. $600 per team. Pay top three finishers in each league and have some type of overall prize for the first place finisher. I could see us getting 2-4 leagues by ourselves and if NBA.com promoted this for us we could really get some interest. I just have to wait and see what the terms are from the NBA before announcing prize money, etc.

But those are the general terms and the rules can be obtained from me by e-mailing [email protected]. Thanks everyone.

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:33 am

sounds good to me..