is there going to be a basketball league?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:21 am

Originally posted by Purple Helmets:
Greg, can I officially change my travel plans this weekend to plan for a 2:00 PM EST draft time? Please advise...thanks. Yeah, we're doing this. I just don't have an official site yet to host the league, but I'm working on that. MockDraftCentral.com will host the draft on Saturday and you will get invitations soon. I'm awaiting calls from the NBA and STATS to finalize everything, but there's no turning back now.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:39 am

I think we have two full leagues now. Trying for three. Keep 'em coming as I'll send out a mass e-mail to our NFBC and NFFC folks as soon as I get everything cleared up with the NBA.

NATIONAL FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
SATURDAY, OCT. 28, 2 p.m. EST
ONLINE DRAFT, $600 per team

1. Patrick Welsh
2. Jeff Dobies
3. George Kleemann
4. Glenn Schroter
5. Kevin Schiller
6. Eric Wong
7. Rich Dunn
8. Eddie Gillis
9. Dave Deterra
10. Scott Williams
11. Steve Pletkin
12. Richard Horovitz
13. Will Tyrer
14. Scott Newman
15. Michael Edelman
16. Rick Thomas
17. Roland Beech
18. John Hogan
19. James Bores
20. Chris Fargis
21. Chris Hill
22. Nestor/Oscar Solamillos
23. Karl Mische
24. Mark Janik
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:25 am

Hey Greg,

Only 4 days away when do you see us finding out our Draft position? Also I remember having a problem with mock draft last year while drafting and them forcing us to take Centers when we had plenty of F/C eligible players will this be a problem again this year?

Mike

[ October 24, 2006, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: edelman24 ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:16 am

Originally posted by edelman24:
Hey Greg,

Only 4 days away when do you see us finding out our Draft position? Also I remember having a problem with mock draft last year while drafting and them forcing us to take Centers when we had plenty of F/C eligible players will this be a problem again this year?

Mike Okay, we're going to finalize these 24 owners today and announce the draft spots tomorrow morning. Tom is going to put together an eligibility list involving centers because obviously that's the key question mark. STATS can not do the league for us, so we're going back to Allstar Stats if possible.

There shouldn't be any problem drafting on MDC involving position eligibility as I'll tell Jason to take down all requirements. The key is making sure Allstar doesn't change position eligibility during the season like it did last year or doesn't conform to our position eligibility requirements. I'll work on that today.

So the goal is to finalize these two leagues, randomly pick the draft spots and announce them tomorrow morning and get your invitations to MDC by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. Then we'll all meet on Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m. EST and hold two drafts. Lineups will need to be set by Tuesday, Oct. 31 before the first game and I'll forward the URL for that stat service as soon as we have that done. Sound good?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:20 am

If we do a third league at $600, we'd have to draft on Saturday night or Sunday. How about pitching a Sunday, Oct. 29 league starting at 5 p.m. EST. Let's see if there's any interest in that. I'll offer a $250 league on Sunday at 5 p.m. EST as well

SUNDAY, OCT. 29, 5 P.M. EST
$600 Entry Fee

1. Todd Lammi

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:56 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by edelman24:
[qb] Tom is going to put together an eligibility list involving centers because obviously that's the key question mark. STATS can not do the league for us, so we're going back to Allstar Stats if possible.Greg, just an FYI -- the AllStar stats database differs from the nba.com in term of positions. For example, AllStar has Ben Wallace as a F/C, while the Chicago Bulls official roster lists him at just C. Joe Johnson is listed as a G on one, but a G/F on another. There are quite a few others as well, and it's not just centers.

I guess once we decide on a stat service, we can use that as the official source for positions -- and make sure that eligibility either doesn't change or is added (but never taken away a la Rasheed Wallace in 2005/06).

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:20 am

prize payout for the 250 league on Sunday?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:23 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by edelman24:
[qb] Tom is going to put together an eligibility list involving centers because obviously that's the key question mark. STATS can not do the league for us, so we're going back to Allstar Stats if possible.Greg, just an FYI -- the AllStar stats database differs from the nba.com in term of positions. For example, AllStar has Ben Wallace as a F/C, while the Chicago Bulls official roster lists him at just C. Joe Johnson is listed as a G on one, but a G/F on another. There are quite a few others as well, and it's not just centers.

I guess once we decide on a stat service, we can use that as the official source for positions -- and make sure that eligibility either doesn't change or is added (but never taken away a la Rasheed Wallace in 2005/06).
[/QUOTE]Exactly. I'm reaching out to Allstar right now. Players can NEVER lose position eligibility after Draft Day, so we have to make sure of that again. But there's no question the position eligibility of MDC won't match up with whatever stat service we use, so we have to work through that first.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:27 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
prize payout for the 250 league on Sunday? $1,500 for first
$600 for second
$300 for third

ryanash11

Post by ryanash11 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:45 am

Greg,
If there is a $250 league, I will play. Just can't pony up the $600.

Thanks,

Ryan Ashcraft

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
If we do a third league at $600, we'd have to draft on Saturday night or Sunday. How about pitching a Sunday, Oct. 29 league starting at 5 p.m. EST. Let's see if there's any interest in that. I'll offer a $250 league on Sunday at 5 p.m. EST as well

SUNDAY, OCT. 29, 5 P.M. EST
$600 Entry Fee

1. Todd Lammi