SNAKE Catches Auction Fever

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:18 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Dyv,

I have never met you, but I have heard you are a hell of a nice guy!

Here we go.....

Calvin Johnson isn't even starting and Joe Horn has no business being anymore than a #3 (and that is if you are stacked elsewhere).

Ben Watson is an average TE in fantasy.

As for your QB's they are similar in how they should produce which leads to the nerve racking "look at the matchups and who do I start this week game". The bright side is that you are good if injuries rear their ugly head, and you realize the mistake you made here (we all make them, you just have to learn from them).

Your RB's are solid, but I personally am not sold on Detroit OR Miami's running game. That being said, you did a nice job securing the backups.

If you want honesty, I think it is a serious longshot for you to make the playoffs, because you need WR's in this format (most of the time) to do well.

I wish the best of luck and am glad to see you are back in the NFFC! :D Well, I'm not a nice guy - so don't get carried away there ;P

I'm actually not worried about Fuzzy Furrey beating out Cal Johnson for PT, no matter what Martz says (and they run 3 WR sets most of the time anyway...hehe) Obviously I need Calvin to be a top 15 WR for me AND be good at waivers and matchups. Red Zone target would be just fine!

I actually enjoy in season management so the Rivers/Young part I think I'll be ok, just regrets for the cost of it ):

$1k into WR in the first few weeks and see what I can come up with!

Hehe - thanks for your thoughts.

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:19 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

Think you're gonna need some deft acrobatics in the waiver pool and some fortunate scheduling to stay in this one Dyv.I think that sounds very accurate, hehe.

D
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:32 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...since The Serpent values your opinion so highly BillyB, PLEASE, oh could you PLEASE rate his Auction squad here as well (anyone else may feel free to join the fray here as well if ya like)?...hehehe....SNAKE

SNAKE's Cherry-Popping Auction Squad:

QB: Ben Rothlesberger
Banished Byron

RB: Brian Westbrook
Brandon Jacobs
Leon Washington
Ron Dayne
Correll Buckhalter
Jason Wright

WR: Roy Williams
Javon Walker
Darrell Jackson
DJ Hackett
Jerry Porter
Maurice Stovall

TE: Chris Cooley
David Martin

DEF: Vikings

K: John Kasay Glenn,

Of course I already said it was a nice looking squad....

"Sitting in LGA waiting, so why not post now.

Nice looking auction squad. However, wasn't this like your 4th or 5th auction experience? (first live...correct?)"

But since you are looking for someone to stroke your ego, I will go more in depth.... :D

QB's- I also have Big Ben and love him this year. You obviously need a backup.

RB's- I am not as high on Westy this year (bad vibes) but kudos for backing him up with Buckhalter. Jacobs is a fine #2, and I also have Leon Washington as my #3. Overall very nice!

WR's- Not as high on Roy and Javon and much rather have an AJ/Housh - Evans combo, but those 2 are very solid. D-Jax is a total boom or bust pick, but having Hackett is nice (even though you missed the memo he will be splitting time with Burleson). VERY solid.

TE- Cooley is a great TE, and Martin supposedly has upside. Nice job!

DEF- Minnesota is a gambling defense, but they will let up oodles of points.

K- I like Kasay more than most, and lets face it, he is a kicker.

The ironic thing is your squad is VERY similar to mine, and I LOVE my team! :D

Very nice job Glenn, I am impressed.

[ September 03, 2007, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:39 am

Dave, if you had spent the $33 Ronnie Brown dollars on WRs you would have a much better team.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:19 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Nice meeting you in person Rich, your team certainly doesn't like the work of an auction rookie. Not a lot of depth, but I don't think anyone is gonna look forward to playing you if you have a healthy Chad, S Smith, Branch and R Moss going. [/quote]

Kevin it was great meeting you also, along with Jon and lonny and all the other great participants I was able to speak with on Friday and Saturday. After about 10 or 12 Satellites, the DC, the Auction and the Main Event I believe I could select your player for you and be right about 95% of the time..lol. Good luck in all the Leagues this year. I see at least we didn't end up in the same leagues in Fantasy Jungle!! (Assuming you are Jack D)

gocolorado

Post by gocolorado » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:34 pm

I was in the Friday Auction in Tampa along with my wife. It was a pleasure competing against all of you. Here is the roster we have. A little light on the backups for rb position. Let me know what you think. Remember this was our first time we competed in the NFFC.

QB - P. Rivers
M. Leinart

RB - W. Parker
R. Johnson
N. Davenport
M. Bush (Who will be dropped)

WR - A. Boldin
C. Chambers
D. Stallworth
E. Wilford
T. Ginn Jr.

TE - T. Heap
G. Olsen
T. Scheffler

Def - Raiders
Texans ( J.Jones returning kicks)

K - M. Stover
D. Akers

Let me know your thoughts.

[ September 03, 2007, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Kodiak Killerz ]

gocolorado

Post by gocolorado » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:24 pm

I really had no plan on going any higher. I will say I had a backup plan just in case. I think once the free agents come out, I can find a replacement for M.Bush. What do you think about my QBs and receivers? Just want to also say it was a pleasure meeting you at the draft.