Team Legacy

The Bye Week Factor

Post by Team Legacy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:12 am

here's another vote for ALL-PLAY.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

SGhammer

The Bye Week Factor

Post by SGhammer » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:07 pm

In my opinion it takes away from the teams who are able to draft depth ... or better their team through the waiver wire, and THAT is the skill that enables a team to win it all. (along with a certain luck factor of course).

[ October 25, 2005, 02:20 AM: Message edited by: SGhammer ]

Jim Tracy

The Bye Week Factor

Post by Jim Tracy » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:37 am

I have been playing fantasy football for 19 years and this is one of the most ridiculous suggestions I have ever seen. The only people in favor of this would be those with Tomlinson or Alexander. Bye weeks can level the playing field for someone who got a 10-14 pick on draft day. Marketing an idea like this would reduce entrants, not increase them. Th NFFC has grown in the last 2 years due to it's fair rules and I feel there are other changes (like a fairer system for draft order) that would impact the league in a more positive manner.

JerseyPaul

The Bye Week Factor

Post by JerseyPaul » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:21 am

esorob

The Bye Week Factor

Post by esorob » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:32 am

Not that its a vote, but i say nope.

Part of drafting is the strategy to cover your studs week off. As Ted mentioned in point 1.

This only helps those of you who have the top 7 or so guys in the league. We can all draft above average players, but only a few of you get the difference maker.

The best part of this thread i believe is when Route brought up the bench size and hoarding of players. Ted again touched on it with why draft a sleeper if all your doing is preventing someone else from using them.

I would like to see a report on how many teams burnt their 1000 last year on LJ and were successful. I bet its a majority of them. Their bench is already deep enough to cover any potential problems, they just bank rolled on another stud likely.

Now let them bid 1000 on LJ like last year, and see how their team does when someone is injured, or they need to cover a bye etc.

To me that makes the strategy of the bidding process worth while. Now they can cripple their team on a risk, rather than adding another above average player to the roster.