Live Chat With Me Today ALL DAY

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 07, 2010 6:06 am

Originally posted by Hman83:
Tom-
With McNabb gone, what adjustments did you make in the values of EAGLES McCoy,Jackson,Macklin,Celek?
thanks, Bill/HMan Not many because I think Kolb can play. He put up good numbers in his two starts last season. I don't think Andy Reid's philosophy is going to change so Kolb will get to air it out a ton. And he has terrific weapons in the passing game (including McCoy out of the backfield). If you're going to wait on a QB2 with serious upside he's the guy I'd target first.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 07, 2010 6:07 am

Originally posted by Sideline Sage:
TK,

You hinted at possibly some new sites for the live drafts. Any hints? When will they be announced? I want to make my travel plans for the high stakes leagues. I'll let Greg make the official announcement but I will say New York isn't our only East Coast location (no Atlantic City isn't in the mix for those wondering). We also have a southern destination planned as well as additional options in the Midwest and out West.

How's that for a teaser?
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sideline Sage

Post by Sideline Sage » Fri May 07, 2010 6:09 am

How about the home of the world champion Saints!

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:19 am

Tom, I have the exact same list of QBs as you, 7 in total that I'd want. Brees, Rodgers and Manning will cost rd 1 or 2 picks, as might Brady and Rivers. Romo, Schaub and most likely Brady and Rivers will cost rd 3. Romo has a very easy schedule vs the pass plus a new weapon and 3 healthy backs. He could be this year's rd 3 bargain, like Rodgers last year.

In NFFC scoring, I wouldn't wanna be without one of these guys. Like you said, if you get lucky in mid-rounds, you will be strong due to the strength you built at other positions while waiting on QB. Wayne did this in the mag draft. But if your mid-round QB ends up a dud, so might your season. I still prefer 2 strong WRs and a stud QB for my base. RBs are overrated!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 07, 2010 7:30 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Tom, I have the exact same list of QBs as you, 7 in total that I'd want. Brees, Rodgers and Manning will cost rd 1 or 2 picks, as might Brady and Rivers. Romo, Schaub and most likely Brady and Rivers will cost rd 3. Romo has a very easy schedule vs the pass plus a new weapon and 3 healthy backs. He could be this year's rd 3 bargain, like Rodgers last year.I agree. I think Romo could be a monster this season. A full year working with Austin in particular will be a big plus.

In NFFC scoring, I wouldn't wanna be without one of these guys. Like you said, if you get lucky in mid-rounds, you will be strong due to the strength you built at other positions while waiting on QB. Wayne did this in the mag draft. But if your mid-round QB ends up a dud, so might your season. I still prefer 2 strong WRs and a stud QB for my base. RBs are overrated! I don't know about that ;) but I agree that having a top QB is huge. I just don't like the anxiety of wondering if my QB is going to do well from week to week. And because I think the position has regressed at the NFL level you have a lot of suspect QBs. The lack of consistency at the position has caused me to radically re-think my approach for fantasy. I now want one of those top guys (or someone I believe will be a top guy). If that means I have to start looking at the position in the third round, that's what I'm going to do.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

liquidhippo

Post by liquidhippo » Fri May 07, 2010 7:36 am

Tom,

Any chance of seeing a live NFFC Draft at LAMBEAU FIELD?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 07, 2010 7:38 am

Originally posted by Liquid Hippo:
Tom,

Any chance of seeing a live NFFC Draft at LAMBEAU FIELD? More than likely that will only happen if you take a laptop there and draft online in the parking lot.

But we are expanding our regional approach for this year. We'll see how that does and if it proves successful targeting more NFL cities is certainly something I could see us looking into going forward.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:47 am

I don't have my spreadsheets here on my cell phone, but I think many people would be surprised at the large percentage of top-20 RBs that were not preseason top-20 projections - more than half! That suggests to me that after the obvious top 4 or 5 it's such a crapshoot that it's more productive to grab surer bets at WR and QB in the first few rounds, then throw a bunch of darts at high-upside RBs in mid-rounds. Heck, in our Classic last year, our 4 drafted RBs (rounds 4-7) ALL got hurt or lost their jobs... and we still scored the most in our league. Yes, like many, we also hit on some mid/late round picks like Steve Smith (NYG) and Vernon Davis. But I still feel like there's a better chance of building a reliable team core if you avoid early-round RBs outside the top 5.

williamhare

Post by williamhare » Fri May 07, 2010 8:02 am

How about some Rookie projections for Dez Bryant, McCluster, Best,Matthews.

HMan

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 07, 2010 8:05 am

Originally posted by Hman83:
How about some Rookie projections for Dez Bryant, McCluster, Best,Matthews.

HMan I don't have any specific projections for them right now but as far as value here's how I'd rank them as of today:

Bryant - WR5 but with WR3 upside if he can beat out Williams or take the job at some point during the season (which he should if he's as good as everyone believes)

McCluster - WR8 maybe. I don't expect much from him this season.

Mathews - RB2 with RB1 upside. He has 0 competition for carries and it's difficult to believe he won't be an upgrade over an aging and worthless LT last season.

Best - RB3. I think he's the frontrunner but there are enough other guys in the backfield to put a cap on his upside.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich