Doug Gabriel take...

sranaghan

Doug Gabriel take...

Post by sranaghan » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:12 am

hey SNAKE....I am from NE and they said last night he will take a while to learn the playbook but I think he is a better WR than caldwell...I had caldwell late last year and he has had brees and brady throwing to him the past couple of years and has looked AWFUL....he will be out of there in a week or two is my guess....there wr's right now are Caldwell, Troy Brown, Chad Jackson, Gabriel and Branch...Branch of course is holding out, Jackson is hurt and they said he looked completely lost in training camp....he will not make any impact the first 8 weeks at all is the guuess around here...that leaves caldwell, troy brown, and gabriel.....this is why I took troy brown in the 17th round...he gets a lot of catches...an 8 for 64 day with a td is not all that bad out of a guy like that...and that is his low side if they actually throw to him....but all in all, Caldwell is putrid....Gabriel will do well but not right away is the guess around here...

sranaghan

Doug Gabriel take...

Post by sranaghan » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:15 am

there=their

TURBOUGH

Doug Gabriel take...

Post by TURBOUGH » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:36 am

I totally agree on the Troy Brown assessment. I believe he'll put up those high reception mediocre yardage numbers but that is solid in a late late draft choice. I have him in multiple leagues and just chose him with the last pick of the 18th round.

I am hoping Caldwell comes through but he has sucked thus far in the NFL.

Gabriel should contribute early on. Because of Brady, I see all three having 50+ catch seasons.

King of Queens

Doug Gabriel take...

Post by King of Queens » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:59 am

Originally posted by sranaghan:
...an 8 for 64 day with a td is not all that bad out of [Troy Brown]...and that is his low side if they actually throw to himHoly crap! I can't believe I missed out on these 2006 stats:

128 catches
1024 yards
16 TDs

and that's just the lowside! Complete oversight on my part.

In all seriousness, Troy Brown is not a bad pick at all. After the Top 50 (and maybe even the Top 10) wide receivers, it's a total crapshoot. Witness in 2005 Ashley Lelie, Michael Clayton, and about 20 other guys that miserably underperformed.

A low pick on a guy with upside is exactly the kind of chance you should be taking.

sranaghan

Doug Gabriel take...

Post by sranaghan » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:04 am

ahh ok...kind of why I picked him there...thanks..

El Diablo

Doug Gabriel take...

Post by El Diablo » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:03 am

LOL -don't forget Troy Brown is good for 1 interception a game as well , most likely returning them all for TD's !

RiFF

Doug Gabriel take...

Post by RiFF » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:30 am

Originally posted by sranaghan:
[QB.....this is why I took troy brown in the 17th round...he gets a lot of catches...an 8 for 64 day with a td is not all that bad out of a guy like that...and that is his low side if they actually throw to him....[/QB]LOL....8-64-1 isn't all that bad for Troy Brown...Those numbers aren't all that bad for Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Randy Moss or ANY other WR. If you get those numbers out of Troy Brown in any game this year you should celebrate especially if you had the foresight to actually start him that week. WOW..and that's his low side. :eek:

gomizzouman

Doug Gabriel take...

Post by gomizzouman » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:11 am

More like 4-47-.33, but I agree he was undervalued on draft day.
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.