New Orleans..any suggestions???

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:22 am

Hey gang
My wife and I are cruising out of New Orleans to celebrate my 50th b-day. We've never been there and expect to arrive at least one day before the ship sails. Planning on spending some time in the French quarter...Jackson square etc...
Any good recommendations on restraunts and jazz clubs??/
Thanks for the help.

[ December 28, 2011, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Route C ]

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:29 am

My reccommenadation is to not call your wife, wide or she might throw you overboard :D

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:44 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
My reccommenadation is to not call your wife, wide or she might throw you overboard :D Lol. Good suggestion....fixed !

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:51 am

If you've never been there don't worry, you don't need recommendations. You can't go wrong in most of those places and walking around and finding a nice restaurant and jazz club is half the fun.

At night stick to the French Quarter and Bourbon street areas, the outskirts have gotten pretty sketchy since Katrina. During the day it's fine...there is an unlimited Trolley ticket you can buy and hop on and off during the day.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:07 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Hey gang
My wife and I are cruising out of New Orleans to celebrate my 50th b-day. We've never been there and expect to arrive at least one day before the ship sails. Planning on spending some time in the French quarter...Jackson square etc...
Any good recommendations on restraunts and jazz clubs??/
Thanks for the help. You have to go to Pat O'Brien's for a hurricane. Just don't drink more than one!! :D

I just LOVE New Orleans. Just walk down Bourbon Street and walk into as many bars and restaurants as you want. You'll find a great jazz band somewhere and good food everywhere.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:42 am

I'll call you later....one of my favorite towns. Like most said, you cant go wrong wherever, but true.....stick to bourbon st.

And Greg is right, a hurricane at Pat O's is a must. We have a New Orleans style restaurant here in Richmond and after a couple hurricanes, I am betting you will think the Colts could make the playoffs again!

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:24 pm

my brother was just there and loved a place called Tujague's at 823 Decatur Street right in the french quarter. it was his favorite place.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:30 am

Thanks everyone and keep the suggestions coming.

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:06 pm

I was there a few years ago for a bachelor party. Most of the town was pretty shady IMO.

People seemingly trying to rip you off everywhere we went (esp at night). Taxi drivers, bars, concession stand at the airport, etc...

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:12 pm

Sent you an email with my favorites, map of the Quarter, etc.

Don't listen to Mark, that is what happens when you are hammered and going to the strip clubs in the shady part of town!