Greg & Tom Live Chat Wednesday Starting At 11 am ET

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:49 am

Carson Palmer will not play for the Bengals and it looks to me that he's not ready to retire. What's to come of this? He's not a young qb, and sitting out an entire season doesn't bid well for him.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:51 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
Any guys flying up the draft boards that you see are overhyped? With MACLIN m.i.a., do you give Deshaun a bump or mccoy? I asked you this before, but with all the speculation on Rivers, whats your expectations on VJax. Who is your must have on your roster? The guys I see rising the most lately have been:

Ray Rice - he's gone as high as 2nd overall.
Vincent Jackson
Mark Ingram
Kevin Kolb - since going to Arizona

I love VJax this season. I think he could be a Top 5 WR. He's a lock for Top 10 in my opinion. Huge potential with a stud QB.

The guys I really want this year:

Philip Rivers - I'm leaning toward making an aggressive play for him in all leagues

Mike Williams (TB) - potential stud.

Mark Ingram - love love love love love him.

Lance Moore - see Mark Ingram

Sure do love the value on Chris Johnson if he dips into the 6-7 range.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:53 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
Gambler.... The NFFC was unique with the 14team event... There is nothing like it... As for WCOFF'S success, I applaud it, though $100,000 or $1million, If you can't pay it, why join it? i agree with you about both, the unique 14 team event and the wcoff not paying.....BUT the reason the wcoff couldn't pay has nothing to do with what kind of league they had 12 or 14.

all you have to do is look at the ffpc.....they are going to have 600 plus people in thier main event. and they only have the one kind of main event...so those 600 people just keep making the prizes go up and up. people see that they pay quick and the numbers keep climbing it will make it tough for the nffc to compete.

the nffc might always be around but most people want to play for that one shot at the big money. plus more people usually equals more dead money....more chanes to win money.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:53 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Carson Palmer will not play for the Bengals and it looks to me that he's not ready to retire. What's to come of this? He's not a young qb, and sitting out an entire season doesn't bid well for him. He seems determined to sit out. If he sticks to his guns and is prepared to walk away I think that's what he'll do. If he invested wisely he can do that.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

particra

Post by particra » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:58 am

Originally posted by thegambler:
quote:Originally posted by kapefear:
Gambler.... The NFFC was unique with the 14team event... There is nothing like it... As for WCOFF'S success, I applaud it, though $100,000 or $1million, If you can't pay it, why join it? i agree with you about both, the unique 14 team event and the wcoff not paying.....BUT the reason the wcoff couldn't pay has nothing to do with what kind of league they had 12 or 14.

all you have to do is look at the ffpc.....they are going to have 600 plus people in thier main event. and they only have the one kind of main event...so those 600 people just keep making the prizes go up and up. people see that they pay quick and the numbers keep climbing it will make it tough for the nffc to compete.

the nffc might always be around but most people want to play for that one shot at the big money. plus more people usually equals more dead money....more chanes to win money.
[/QUOTE]I like both and play in both. These leagues make a substantial portion of their money off of satellite and big-money leagues (Super, Diamond, etc) rather than the ME. The NFFC does a much better job of promoting and filling those types of leagues. I think they will be fine.

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:02 am

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
The NFFC does a much better job of promoting and filling those types of leagues. I think they will be fine. we can agree to disagree then.....

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:05 am

If I'm correct are all the 12 team events 1point PPR.. If so any thoughts of a shakeup in your thoughts of the RB's early in the draft? 1 of my PPR GOLD, middraft player is AMENDOLA... With Mcdaniels now in the mix, your thoughts & what is his current ADP? I consider him a "poor" man's Wes Welker. Can I expect a Lance Moore like season from him?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:11 am

"lets face it guys.....its all about money. how can the nffc grow to compete with the ffpc now that the wcoff is gone? how can they take some of the players that got screwed from the wcoff? how do you stop the ffpc from taking all of these players?

these are questions that need to be address by ownership.....cause the way it looks now, the ffpc took the majority of the wcoff people.

now i and several people i know are playing here this year. we like the lineup and scoring system much better then the ffpc. but come next year if the ffpc is at 900 teams and the nffc is still only around 250, my group will have to make a decision on whether to go with the big guy or not. and i truly think many people feel this way.

people like playing for 200k or even 300k first place prize. it is what brought people to the wcoff."

i just posted this on the kds thread Great questions Andy and legitimate too. But unfortunately you are looking at the narrow view of our industry and pitting two contests against each other again. And we are two very different contests right now.

First, let's realize that 1,700 teams were in the high-stakes space among three contests last year. Currently there are less than 900 teams combined signed up for the FFPC and NFFC. We have almost 400 among our two events and FFPC has close to 500. So once the reality sets in that the other contest can't go off this year -- and trust me, that reality hasn't taken place yet because someone won't let it -- then people need to decide to play here, at FFPC or not at all. Many folks are saying NEVER AGAIN right now and I don't blame them. But hopefully we can all convince these great players to stay with one of us.

So again, I hope that in three weeks we'll each have 650+ Main Event teams and maybe even more. But even at that level, we've taken a HUGE step backwards as an industry. I hope the two of us can somehow keep those 1,700 teams with us and grow from there in future years. If we do that, we won't be having this debate right now.

We have two unique games with $200,000 in grand prizes. They have one Main Event with a $200,000 grand prize. All of the grand prizes can grow beyond those figures if they reach their goals, which is exactly what is happening in both Online Championships. When demand exceeds supply, everyone wins in this space.

We are committed to our plan for this year with two $100,000 grand prizes. The landscape has now changed for 2012. Will we be more aggressive with our guarantees for the Live Events and the Online Championships without being too reckless? Of course. Will we now see an opening in the 12-team format and compete for those customers? Of course. We have a great history of quality games, paying on time and the backing of a huge media company. We aren't going to sit back and not compete for customers. And at the end of the day I hope that players realize there are two good games left hosting live events in Las Vegas at venues right next to each other with $400,000+ in grand prizes. Why wouldn't people support both contests just like they did before?? It makes more sense to have two healthy contests rather than one mega-contest that could fail at any time, like we just saw.

I say both contests will survive and thrive and next year consumers will have more options to win EVEN MORE MONEY. Definitely that will be the case here, so be ready. We're not going to sit back and let consumers walk away from us. We will be ULTRA AGGRESSIVE going forward. But for now, we'll be fine with what we're offering.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:18 am

quote:Originally posted by kapefear:

[/QUOTE]Hey Andy, easy on the shovel to bury us before we're dead!! :D Wow, so we went from talking about how players just found out they're not getting paid by one contest to another contest DOMINATING and putting all competition out of business?? C'mon, let's be real here.

Competition is good for the players. But I think you can see from my comments today that I'm rooting for TWO strong contests. I'm not saying anything about dominating the space or kicking the other guys' asses. It's the players who seem to enjoy pitting one contest over another. That's not my job. I'm already the only game left in baseball and the NFBC continues to grow each year. But if competition comes into the space to grow the market, so be it and let's grow it together.

I will say that you are assuming all of these guys who were scheduled to come to Las Vegas for the WCOFF are now going to either not play or play somewhere other than the NFFC. I don't agree. I'm getting calls all the time now from folks looking to play in the NFFC or FFPC. Some are playing both on Sept. 9-10. I think we'll both succeed. But that's mainly because someone else failed. Let's see how this year plays out and again I hope we both succeed. But next year the business plans will be different for both entities and I think players will be happy with what they see.

If they want the NFFC Primetime to be $200,000 this year, then we just need 500 more signups!!! :D Be optimistic. Anything is possible these days!!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius