Greg & Tom Live Chat Wednesday Starting At 11 am ET

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:21 am

Originally posted by thegambler:
quote:Originally posted by Hells Satans:
The NFFC does a much better job of promoting and filling those types of leagues. I think they will be fine. we can agree to disagree then..... [/QUOTE]Gambler - what exactly do you disagree with ?? It's a fact. Then NFFC has more higher stakes leagues (supers, ultimates, diamonds) than the FFPC. It's not even close.

I can think of another downfall to wcoff collapsing ... :rolleyes:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:25 am

The NFFC does a much better job of promoting and filling those types of leagues. I think they will be fine. we can agree to disagree then..... [/QUOTE]You are right that the biggest carrot seems to bring in the most players and again, next year we'll see what that carrot needs to be from us. Certainly we have gone more conservative with our overall numbers this year because we didn't expect another contest to fail. Looking at the landscape next year, I think we can be more aggressive and again, I think players will like that. But we don't need more failures in this space, so I'm happy with our conservative approach for 2011.

Bigger is better. Promoting the NFFC brand to all of those folks now looking for a new home needs to be done, better, you are correct. But we don't have direct access to those customers like some of you may. Spread the word and we'll get these grand prizes to the levels you're asking for. Fair enough?

Again, we have a lot of people on board to sign up for the Primetime that second weekend. Many are waiting for a final verdict on the other contest before committing here. Some very big names will be joining here and we'll be glad to announce them. But for now, let them try to get some answers from Dustin before they commit here. And as we know, that isn't an easy thing to accomplish.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:32 am

greg, sorry if i came off as putting the dirt on the nffc already....not at all what i meant to do or was trying to say.

i want this to be our new spot....i am very loyal to people....was with the wcoff for the last nine years. just hoping this league can continue to grow.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:32 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
quote:Originally posted by thegambler:
The NFFC does a much better job of promoting and filling those types of leagues. I think they will be fine. we can agree to disagree then..... [/QUOTE]Gambler - what exactly do you disagree with ?? It's a fact. Then NFFC has more higher stakes leagues (supers, ultimates, diamonds) than the FFPC. It's not even close.

I can think of another downfall to wcoff collapsing ... :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]well said. plenty of room for two well run events. i would much rather play for 100k and know i would be paid.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:33 am

Originally posted by The FF Maestro:
Are the KDS deadlines the same as the two ME's are for The Diamond & Super Leagues as well?...thanks much... No. Private leagues will have KDS deadlines set separately.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

chartythechamp

Post by chartythechamp » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:36 am

What do you think about Ocho Cinco, regarding the recent rumors?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:42 am

Vital Fantasy Draft Question:

If you were to go bonsai the first few rounds, and only draft runningbacks, how many could you take before drafting another position, and still be able to have a solid draft? I also ask the same question, if you only took wide receivers the first few rounds...How many of them could you take before taking another position, and still feel confident about having a solid draft?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:44 am

greg, sorry if i came off as putting the dirt on the nffc already....not at all what i meant to do or was trying to say.

i want this to be our new spot....i am very loyal to people....was with the wcoff for the last nine years. just hoping this league can continue to grow. Andy, no offense taken. I know you are passionate and want this to grow. I also know you are recommending the NFFC to other family members and may have multiple teams with us that second weekend. You want the best for us and I understand. Your questions don't offend me, they just need good answers. ;)

The NFFC is going to continue to grow. I now believe our Primetime event will grow beyond the Classic for this year and years to come. I think we will consider hosting the Classic on both weekends next year. I think we'll prove that both Main Events can excel over two weekends and in multiple cities. Atlantic City needs to be considered for one of the cities next year along with New York City. LV both weekends is a given. We are bullish on the football space and honestly we've probably been too conservative in this space over the last eight years. We have a dominant live events baseball event and we didn't feel you could compete with WCOFF from 2002 to 2007. Things changed after that, however, and we chose not to take it on head on.

Now things are different. Our future will be fine, so thanks for supporting us. We'll have a good home for you for the next 9+ years, I promise.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:48 am

look at this The FF Maestro bringing an apple to the teacher. never thought i would see this day. :D :D :D

you are 100% right
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN