Greg & Tom Live Chat Wednesday Starting At 11 am ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:05 am

Originally posted by chartythechamp:
What do you think about Ocho Cinco, regarding the recent rumors? Don't believe them. I don't think they cut him unless he massively screws up in some fashion.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Roger

Post by Roger » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:07 am

After what has happened with the WCOFF, there is understandably going to be some paranoia at the end of the year when it comes time to pay the baseball and football prizes. Your 100% payout performance speaks for itself. Nevertheless, there is going to be some paranoia if there are any internal accounting related delays in making payments, even if they are justifiable ones.

In light of the WCOFF debacle, have you put any additional procedures in place at the end of the baseball and football season to make prize payments back to players as expeditiously as humanly possible, and perhaps even quicker than they may have been in past years?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:08 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Vital Fantasy Draft Question:

If you were to go bonsai the first few rounds, and only draft runningbacks, how many could you take before drafting another position, and still be able to have a solid draft? I also ask the same question, if you only took wide receivers the first few rounds...How many of them could you take before taking another position, and still feel confident about having a solid draft? If I'm understanding your question correctly Marc, I'd say six at RB. I think there are six RBs worthy of strong first-round consideration before there's a big drop-off. At WR, I would say there are four WRs who I'd consider once the Top 6 RBs are off the board (Andre, White, Megatron and Fitz). After that, I'd start looking at RBs.

However, I will say that once the Top 6 RBs are off the board I would give strong consideration to taking Aaron Rodgers. In fact, I have the 7th pick in my top league and Rodgers is someone I am seriously considering if those six RBs are gone.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:12 am

Originally posted by Trust In Bill:

In light of the WCOFF debacle, have you put any additional procedures in place at the end of the baseball and football season to make prize payments back to players as expeditiously as humanly possible, and perhaps even quicker than they may have been in past years? I'll let Greg address this in more detail if he chooses but keep in mind we are a publicly owned company, owned by two large national companies. We have a thorough accounting process which means that every penny guaranteed in prize winnings must be paid. And it will be paid. Regardless of ownership, the NFFC, NFBC and NFBBC have always paid our prize winners in full. There has never been any question about that and there won't be now that we work for STATS.

Greg and I met with our accounting department a few weeks ago and were told that NFBC payments will be delivered 2-3 weeks after the season ends in October. We haven't finalized the payment schedule for the NFFC yet but I trust the time frame will be similar. Everyone at STATS is well aware of the importance of paying prize winners and paying everyone as promptly as possible. That will not be an issue with any of our events.

[ August 17, 2011, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:17 am

Sorry, I didn't word it correctly. I know you Tom, and you usually take a more conservative approach. This is why you didn't understand this crazy question. Lol

If you were drafting, how many runningbacks could you take, before taking another position?

Example:

Your team through the first 4 rounds:
1.A.Peterson
2-Jahvid Best
3-Ingram
4-Fred Jackson

Obviously just an example...but hopefully you understand my question better. How many rounds do you think you can only draft a runningback, before drafting another position, and still come out with a good draft? 2? 3? 4?? Same question with wide receivers...

Round 1-Andre Johnson
Round 2-Hakeem Nicks
Round 3-Steve Johnson
Etc...

How far could you go until you have to take another position and still come out with a solid draft? 3? 4? 5???
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:21 am

Not sure why people here think I'm so conservative. The heck with all of you - I'm taking Stafford in the first round. Take that. :D

OK, I understand your question now, Marc. It really depends on how the draft shapes up. I don't like passing on talent but I also don't want to spend an entire draft chasing WRs because I loaded up on RBs. I'd probably say I'd be OK going RB-RB although I worry about the sharp drop-off in talent at WR once the Top 10 on my board are gone. At WR, I'd be comfortable going WR-WR-WR since the talent and depth at RB is much stronger this year in my opinion than in awhile.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

RC Techies

Post by RC Techies » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:40 am

Following up on Diesel's question. If you draft WR-WR-WR, who would you be looking to pickup in the 4th and 5th rounds. Can they carry your team.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:44 am

Originally posted by RC Techies:
Following up on Diesel's question. If you draft WR-WR-WR, who would you be looking to pickup in the 4th and 5th rounds. Can they carry your team. If you're real strong at WR (which you should be), you don't need a stud RB. I'd be looking DeAngelo Williams, Daniel Thomas, Cedric Benson - RBs in that range who have Top 15-20 potential. But I'd have to be sure I had a solid RB2 after that. I'd also try to hit on an upside RB who could step up the way guys like McFadden and Hillis did last season.

[ August 17, 2011, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

RC Techies

Post by RC Techies » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:58 am

What do you think of going with the WR approach. I tried it last year in the FFPC and actually think I had the strongest team of any that I drafted.