wr choice

yukon33399

wr choice

Post by yukon33399 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:11 am

I have last (12th) pick every round(I won last year)....My keepers are LT and M. Faulk....I need a WR first....Boldin, S. Moss, Coles, D. Mason, and S. Smith will all be there....Who would you take????...Thanks
How 'bout them Cowboys!!!

Tom Kessenich

wr choice

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:25 am

yukon, we'll have some new rankings posted on the front page of the NFFC site tomorrow, but if you want to check out our rankings on the Fantasy Sports Magazine Web site, go to www.fantasysportsmag.com

Hope this helps.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

wr choice

Post by Diesel » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:19 pm

Yukon, I would rate them Moss, Mason, Boldin, Smith and Coles. But if you're looking for a WR after only having 2 keepers, I feel like there are better WR's out there that would still be available.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

yukon33399

wr choice

Post by yukon33399 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:55 pm

Thanks...but, Who else do you think would be still out there in a 12 man league, if I have last pick??????
How 'bout them Cowboys!!!

Diesel

wr choice

Post by Diesel » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:13 pm

Only my opinion, but Under the circumstances with the QB situation in NY, the Giants offense will use the hell out of Toomer this year, and I think he'll be a money maker. Jevon Walker has a shot to be at this level too, but I'd have to see Walker put his head in the game a little more and run better routes. He can burn the secondary, but if he can catch more of those Favre quick slants, fugghetabouttit.

[ June 23, 2004, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]

Tom Kessenich

wr choice

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:00 am

Diesel, I've been a fan of Walker's since the Packers drafted him. He clearly has the talent, but it's been a number of little things so far that have prevented him from cracking the starting lineup. He needs to be more precise with his route running, show more consistency, things of that nature. If he can do that, I think he has a chance to be a monster. The biggest question I would have about him from a fantasy perspective is Favre has confidence in all of his WRs (including Driver and Ferguson) and Green's still an option in the passing game as well (the guy who's losing out is Franks), so I wonder if any of Green Bay's WRs will emerge with huge reception numbers.

But there's no doubt in my mind the guy with the highest upside there is Walker. And with Ferguson set to be a free agent after this season, I'm guessing the Packers would love for Walker to step into a go-to role, so they can move Driver to the No. 2 spot and then decide whether keeping Ferguson is necessary.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

wr choice

Post by Diesel » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:27 am

I've seen a few Packers' games over the last few years since the "Sunday Ticket" came around...I've seen Walker miss a lot of opportunities. There have been times where the middle is wide open, yet he still breaks his route and streaks for the TD. That's what I meant about those quick slants from Favre. If Walker was in Jerry Porter's place, with Jerry Rice there to teach him, Walker would be a MONSTER. Still, I'm betting that he matures has a break out year.

[ June 24, 2004, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]

Tom Kessenich

wr choice

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:32 am

The Walker-Porter comparisons are extremely interesting. Like Porter, Walker is coming off a huge year in terms of TDs as a No. 3 WR. Last season, Porter was a waste due to injuries and the Raiders' problems on offense. We don't have to worry about Favre getting knocked out like Gannon did, but will Walker under-achieve like Porter did? I don't recall what Porter's ADP was last season, but I would be willing to bet Walker's is within a couple spots of it as we get closer to the season. I think we're looking at very similar fantasy players; the question is whether Walker can avoid the major pitfall Porter endured after his big TD season.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

wombat

wr choice

Post by wombat » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:10 pm

Good discussion. Speaking of Walker I was hoping I could get some of your expert opinions on what you would do in my situation.

I'm in a keeper league, auction format. We can protect one at each position. At wide receiver my choice is Chad Johnson at $17 or Javon Walker at $1. The top wide receivers go in the $35 range. So I believe Johnson is under priced, too.

Certainly Walker's a bargain at $1, but Johnson is much more of a sure thing, so I'm leaning toward protecting him. Who would you protect at those prices?

TamuScarecrow

wr choice

Post by TamuScarecrow » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:21 am

Tough call, Stephen. Johnson is getting a rookie QB basically in Palmer while Walker has Favre. I think I'd give the nod to Johnson though because I think Palmer will look to Johnson more at crunch time whereas Favre likes to spread the ball around to everybody.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ