Who Did You Miss On?

TradeStar28

Who Did You Miss On?

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:25 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
To answer Tom's question......

KOREN ROBINSON!

I just had these visions of him being this year's Torry Holt. In a great offense, rededicating himself to his training regimin by staying in Seattle, working on not dropping so many balls (yea, thats worked!) etc. He has been a HUGE dissapointment for me, but I guess everyone has at least one.

The worst part is, at pick 14, you HAVE TO reach if you want someone because it is 26 picks until you pick again.

BRIAN WESTBROOK has been dissapointing also, as I just don't get how you can have 13 TD's last year sharing the load with 2 other players, andthis year through 7 games, he only has ONE!

Then again, it could have to do something with that Andy Reid is a *****! :mad: Billy...looks like you wont have to deal with B Westbrook for a couple of weeks and soon Koren will be taking a 4 week sabatical !

:D
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

BillyWaz

Who Did You Miss On?

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:45 am

Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

KOREN ROBINSON!

I just had these visions of him being this year's Torry Holt. In a great offense, rededicating himself to his training regimin by staying in Seattle, working on not dropping so many balls (yea, thats worked!) etc. He has been a HUGE dissapointment for me, but I guess everyone has at least one.

The worst part is, at pick 14, you HAVE TO reach if you want someone because it is 26 picks until you pick again.

BRIAN WESTBROOK has been dissapointing also, as I just don't get how you can have 13 TD's last year sharing the load with 2 other players, andthis year through 7 games, he only has ONE!

Then again, it could have to do something with that Andy Reid is a *****! :mad: Billy...looks like you wont have to deal with B Westbrook for a couple of weeks and soon Koren will be taking a 4 week sabatical !

[/QUOTE]Where did you see that about Westbrook? I heard he is day to day. Is this from the same source that you got your "Dave Wannstedt named Travis Minor the starter for Week 7"?

As far as K-Rob, who knows? Haven't seen anything since early last week, and honestly, Kevin Faulk would probably be just as productive. Besides, I have Boldin and Onterrio back in Week 9. I will be able to hang, but now I need to get a little of your luck (play the right people when I score under 120 points, etc. ;) and maybe things will turn out alright. Not feeling good about this week vs Wicked Klowns, but maybe I will have some of my "lesser" players "step up" ala Jerry Porter! ;)

Tom Kessenich

Who Did You Miss On?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:10 am

Westbrook's out for this week for certain. The great Dorsey Levens gets to start against the Ravens.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Who Did You Miss On?

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:45 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Westbrook's out for this week for certain. The great Dorsey Levens gets to start against the Ravens. I didn't plan on starting him anyway by the way he has been performing (especially against Baltimore).

TradeStar28

Who Did You Miss On?

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:55 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

KOREN ROBINSON!

[/QUOTE]Where did you see that about Westbrook? I heard he is day to day. Is this from the same source that you got your "Dave Wannstedt named Travis Minor the starter for Week 7"?

As far as K-Rob, who knows? Haven't seen anything since early last week, and honestly, Kevin Faulk would probably be just as productive. Besides, I have Boldin and Onterrio back in Week 9. I will be able to hang, but now I need to get a little of your luck (play the right people when I score under 120 points, etc. ;) and maybe things will turn out alright. Not feeling good about this week vs Wicked Klowns, but maybe I will have some of my "lesser" players "step up" ala Jerry Porter! ;)
[/QUOTE]In regard to Travis Minor starting in Week #7...I only wrote that on the message forum to downplay Sammy Morris because we wanted him big time.

Ofcourse, the Skunky Nugz big $1 more than our entire remaining FAAB to get him....so our bluff didnt work.

2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

David Wooderson

Who Did You Miss On?

Post by David Wooderson » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:41 pm

Originally posted by I Cojones:
My biggest mistakes were Porter over McNabb in round 5 and swearing that I would not pick Tiki under any circumstances. I think a lot of people missed on Tiki Barber. I dont even remember where he went in our draft but going in, we agreed not to take him at all because we thought he would lose his job. All the signs were there that he would lose playing time, if not be off the field altogether except for 3rd downs, but he arguably is the best fantasy back right now.

I remember seeing Dayne in that preseason game against the Chiefs and it was like I had found the missing microfilm of who shot JFK. I was praying that nobody watched ESPN Saturday and they would destroy the highlight tape. I had serious delusions up until the draft about drafting him 10 rounds too early, fortunately someone beat us to the punch. The guy looked awesome in camp. He was skinny and outran the entire Chiefs defense to the corner in that game.

Thats why I think there is such an emormous luck factor involved. People can stick out their chest all they want about how prepared they are, but a lot of times, the difference between a good season and a bad one ends up being because you didnt get the bad players you wanted.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, but you werent alone on Tiki Barber. We missed there too.

Tom Kessenich

Who Did You Miss On?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:35 am

I think Barber is one of the guys a vast majority of people missed on. Even Barber was saying right before the start of the season that he expected Dayne to get more carries this season. Maybe he was BSing, but a lot of folks sure believed it.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JerseyPaul

Who Did You Miss On?

Post by JerseyPaul » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:26 am

Tiki Barber, NY Auction - $22
141.9 fantasy points - priceless

Nag'

Who Did You Miss On?

Post by Nag' » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:03 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I think Barber is one of the guys a vast majority of people missed on. Even Barber was saying right before the start of the season that he expected Dayne to get more carries this season. Maybe he was BSing, but a lot of folks sure believed it. As a long time Giants fan and living in NY, I followed the Coughlin/Tiki/Dayne situation very closely and after Dayne had that breakout game in preseason, I knew that Tiki would once again be the most undervalued RB in this year's draft. I told all my FF buddies - Dayne's performance in preseason is the best thing that could happen to FF sharks in the upcoming drafts. Those who follow Giants football knew that Dayne was GARBAGE and no matter how stubborn Coughlin would be, he wouldn't be able to change that. Even had Dayne got playing time (as he did in weeks 1-2), Tiki would thrive as a 3rd down/change of pace back. Short dumpoffs, screens, delays, sweeps are plays that Tiki is best at. So I guess I was in the minority who thought Tiki would be a stud, especially in leagues with pts/receptions. Of course I didn't think he'd be THIS good!! :eek:
Unfortunately, I only managed to draft him in 2 of my 5 leagues. I targeted him in the 3rd round, but most of my picks were at the bottom of the draft, so he was drafted before me in NFFC, WCOFF and the FFM leagues. I did manage to get him at 3.12 and 4.02 in my two $1000 Antsports leagues where I'm challanging for 1st place, thanks to him.
For Players. By Players.

BillyWaz

Who Did You Miss On?

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:52 am

I nabbed him at pick 4.12 in an Antsports league, and he along with Holmes and Horn have me riding high!

However, the post of this thread is "who did you miss on?" Anyone can talk about their studs (including myself), but you need to be able to decide where you "dropped the ball"!