nag

BalticSQ

nag

Post by BalticSQ » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:02 am

anybuddy can drive a benz these days , they go for about 330 a month with no money down , and anybuddy that would pay manhattan rent prices is a moron, but besides that ill guess that all happened to NAG.....

BalticSQ

nag

Post by BalticSQ » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:10 am

Gordon, ever here of Upper Black Eddie PA>?

Team Legacy

nag

Post by Team Legacy » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:20 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
I only entered the champions and auction draft last year ... won one of two ... I was never dominated by the likes of you ... it is in the history books ... I checked! sorry, i didn't realize you hadn't had the XXXX to enter the main event last year

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
if they get an almost league champions (second place) league up ... you'll be one of the first teams invited ... I'm sure :rolleyes: let me know when your fantasy earnings for one year is over $100,000. thanks.
[/QUOTE]didn't you only win HALF that amount?
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

BillyWaz

nag

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:53 am

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
I only entered the champions and auction draft last year ... won one of two ... I was never dominated by the likes of you ... it is in the history books ... I checked! sorry, i didn't realize you hadn't had the XXXX to enter the main event last year

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
if they get an almost league champions (second place) league up ... you'll be one of the first teams invited ... I'm sure :rolleyes: let me know when your fantasy earnings for one year is over $100,000. thanks.
[/QUOTE]didn't you only win HALF that amount?
[/QUOTE]How ironic is that Gekko jumps on EVERYONE when they make a mistake (even goes as far as calling them liars), yet he makes some of his own!

Gordon Gekko

nag

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:12 am

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
didn't you only win HALF that amount? i won over 100K. at least that's what the check said. from that, i paid off my partnership and taxes

[ June 11, 2005, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

nag

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:19 pm

Originally posted by BalticSQ:
Gordon, ever here of Upper Black Eddie PA? yes, i've heard of it. why?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BalticSQ

nag

Post by BalticSQ » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:06 pm

Just curious, i know its off the topic, but its a place i spent many of my young years growing up. as my parents had a camp ground(or Spot) in that area .....not to many people from PA have ever heard of it .....

Nag'

nag

Post by Nag' » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:01 pm

Originally posted by BalticSQ:
...and anybuddy that would pay manhattan rent prices is a moron...The current "Time" issue has a very informative article on the current state of the real estate market, reading which may help one avoid making ignorant statements like that one. But in case you don't get around to it, here's a quick lesson on New York City's real estate: Currently, a large (apprx 1100 sq ft) two bedroom, two bath apartment in a decent part of Manhatan, on a decent block, in a decent doorman building will RENT for approximately $4000-4500/month. Notice I say decent - not great. That same exact caliber apartment will SELL for anywhere between $1-1.2 million, depending on several factors which are not important to this exersise. Give 20% down (200-250G), mortgage the remaining 80%, add maintenance (aka common charges) and real estate taxes and you're probably paying somewhere in the neighborhood of $8000/month. Now granted, owning your home is always more beneficial - you're writing off the interest and also your property is hopefully increasing in value. But the month-to-month out of pocket expenses make owning twice as expensive as renting, not to even mention coming up with the downpayment & closing costs. So unless you're flipping equity from one property to another or somehow managed to save a few hundred grand, it is very difficult for a first time buyer to make the jump from renting to owning. That's why RENTING, as expensive as it may SEEM, is still a very viable option in these market conditions.
For Players. By Players.

BillyWaz

nag

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:54 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by BalticSQ:
...and anybuddy that would pay manhattan rent prices is a moron...But the month-to-month out of pocket expenses make owning twice as expensive as renting, [/QUOTE]This must only be in NYC, as I certainly don't spend nearly that much in "monthly" costs to my home.

I guess that is where you make your "bread" Nag, but I personally could never live in area where I KNEW the property was like 5x the cost of everywhere else. Like living in D.C, just doesn't make sense.

Just my opinion, and probably what Baltic was trying to say (with a little less tact).

mikeybok

nag

Post by mikeybok » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:51 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Team Legacy:
didn't you only win HALF that amount? i won over 100K. at least that's what the check said. from that, i paid off my partnership and taxes [/QUOTE]Is that why you and Jason are breaking up the team this year ... Because you are taking all the credit for winning ... I guess Jason wants to participate this year? Although ... if it was all you ... Jason is probably thankful for your leadership.

As I agreed with you last year ... It's hard to compare one league to another. I would rather win the 100,000.00 because I had rookies in my league ... instead of winning a hard fought league and not win the 100k.

But ... if you want to be in a "fair" draft with me (and show me how good you really are) ... enter the 1250 auction draft ... not a lot of money ... and there will probably only be one league at that level ... so it will probably include all three sites. That go's for everyone else who's on the message board this early. Let's talk smak ... but do it directly ... instead of ... "well in my league ...."

There is something to be said for having some rookies in the league ... but I am up for getting in a league with REAL compitition. I am sure if we expressed our wishes to Greg and Tom ... he would make sure we are all in the same 1250 auction league (since it is not and advertised game anyway).

FYI ... I am already signed up for this new event.
Hakuna Matata!