nag

Greg Ambrosius

nag

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:44 am

Nag, you have to admit that having your own thread is pretty cool, even if Gordon started it with bad intentions!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

nag

Post by King of Queens » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:08 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Nag, you have to admit that having your own thread is pretty cool, even if Gordon started it with bad intentions! Very true, Greg. There have been only a handful of MB regulars who have received such eponymous treatment.

As for Gordon's intentions, it's all in good fun -- anyone who doesn't believe that needs a reality check.

TamuScarecrow

nag

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:03 am

Nag, I didn't feel like catching up on the beginning of this thread but from reading a couple of KofQ posts tells me you need to be looking at moving to Myrtle Beach, SC with the half of the NY'ers who aren't hanging out in Florida. As for hold'em, count Gerard and I in for Thursday and/or Friday night. I think we'll head up to Harrah's with BWaz after the draft Saturday as we aren't flying out until 9 P.M.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Nag'

nag

Post by Nag' » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:43 am

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
Nag, I didn't feel like catching up on the beginning of this thread but from reading a couple of KofQ posts tells me you need to be looking at moving to Myrtle Beach, SC with the half of the NY'ers who aren't hanging out in Florida. Unfortunately, that would be like telling a guy who installs swimming pools in Nevada to move to Minnesotta. Majority of New Yorkers can never leave. Our lives are built here. Besides, I love NY. :D
For Players. By Players.

TamuScarecrow

nag

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:44 am

Majority of New Yorkers can never leave. Our lives are built here. Besides, I love NY.That's what most of the NY'ers that I play golf with down here in Myrtle Beach tell me but yet they are moving down here by the scores because of the weather and taxes. I see hundreds of them in Spencer's Sports Pub every week watching the Yankees and Mets and hollering at the Boston fans in there doing the same thing. The benefits down south far outweigh the benefits in NY (golf year-round and no snow to shovel or drive in) and I can still root for the Orioles. Trust the words of someone who has worked and lived in 16 states and doesn't have a capetbagging wench from Arkansas for a senator. :D Unless you sell snow blowers or Zambones for a living, this is the place to be.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

Nag'

nag

Post by Nag' » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:41 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Not a misunderstanding, just foolishness. Here's some more foolishness from Reuters. This article is 3 month old so the numers are already outdated. Enjoy.

NEW YORK, April 1 (Reuters) - The average sale price for a Manhattan apartment topped $1.2 million in the first quarter, a new record, as the supply of properties for sale shrunk, according to the Prudential Douglas Elliman Manhattan Market Overview.

The average sale price rose to $1.21 million -- up 23 percent from the final quarter of 2004 and up 26 percent from a year ago.

In the condominium sector, the average sale price jumped to $1.55 million -- exceeding $1.5 million for the first time -- and surging 34 percent from 2004's fourth quarter, the report said. The average condo sale price went up 22 percent from the year-ago first quarter.

For Manhattan's entire apartment market, the average price per square foot climbed to $910 -- topping $900 a square foot for the first time. That's up 16.7 percent from the fourth quarter of 2004. It's a gain of 28 percent from a year earlier.

"Improving economic conditions, a tight housing supply, rising incomes and the widely held expectation of rising mortgage rates in the near future, caused housing prices to surge this quarter," the report said.

It was the first time the quarterly report included Manhattan markets above 116th Street on the West Side and above 96th Street on the East Side.

The median sale price -- the point where half the sales are higher and half are lower -- climbed to $705,000. That's up 16.5 percent from the previous quarter and up 18.5 percent from a year ago.

The volume of apartment sales fell to 2,028 units -- down 6.2 percent from the previous quarter and down 5.8 percent from a year ago, according to the report.

Limited supply kept sales volume in check.

The average sale price of a cooperative apartment, where an owner holds shares in the building and does not own the individual unit, rose to $988,746. That's up 15.5 percent from the previous quarter.

The average co-op sale price went up average sale price of a cooperative apartment, where an owner holds shares in the building and does not own the individual unit, rose to $988,746. That's up 15.5 percent from the previous quarter.

The average co-op sale price went up 25 percent from the first quarter of 2004.

[ June 23, 2005, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

Route Collectors

nag

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:09 am

Nag
Those are shocking prices. Median cost $705,000.00!!!! What do you do for a living?

I guess you'd have to live in the midwest to wonder why anyone would pay that for housing.
In Indiana $705,000.00 will get you your basic 7000 square foot home on 4-5 acres of ground.

Of course the pool is extra. :D

TamuScarecrow

nag

Post by TamuScarecrow » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:12 am

I'm with you, RC. The liberals and the unions sure know how to drive up the cost of living. :rolleyes:
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

Nag'

nag

Post by Nag' » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:21 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
Nag
Those are shocking prices. Median cost $705,000.00!!!!
Yeah, they sure are, and they're going up every month. Notice that while the median cost is $700G, the AVERAGE price was $1,200G, which shows that majority of those apts were priced significantly above the median.
Another crazy fact is that in May 2005, the average price of one, two and three bedroom condominium apartments in Manhattan was $1200 per square foot. That's almost a $400/sq ft increase from May 2004, when the price was $800+.

Originally posted by Route C:
What do you do for a living?
I part own & operate a business in Brooklyn, as I mentioned, but I rather not get into any other personal details about myself. My reference to a nice car & an apartment was enough for the ignoramuses to start passing judgements and I'd rather not give them any more material. :eek:
For Players. By Players.

sportsbettingman

nag

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:18 pm

Hey Nag!...Hey Gekko!...

Had fun finding this site and reading a few pages.

One idea popped into mind...

Why the heck would an "apartment owner" sell for any less than the gross prices they quote when they can get that much in renting it out?

If the demand to rent at 4,000/month is saturated...they can pretty much grind the rental price to the max with minimal worries.

It looks like a cash cow to me.

Even California seems reasonable in comparison.

Nice to see a live message board...baseball seems kinda dead.

(Congrats Greg on the Moneymaker deal...but watch out for Nick Bakay dropping the WCOFF name on ESPN!...(doubt it...but he is a rebel...and has subtle tact.) (I'm buzzed...and if I had to rank best high stakes "owner" right now...I'd have to call it a draw between Lenny P, and Greg A. (and that's impressive...giving I've known of Greg A's existence for only 5 months.)

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver