Free Agent Bidding

Estus Hood

Free Agent Bidding

Post by Estus Hood » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:54 am

I am new to the NFFC, if anyone is willing to share, what type of bid ranges will most free agents go for, a wide receiver like F. Jackson, will go for $200 or so, Baker the TE for $150 plus? Kickers and Defense I assume are much lower, 35-50 range? Any help would be appreciated...

Greg Ambrosius

Free Agent Bidding

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:39 am

Originally posted by Estus Hood:
I am new to the NFFC, if anyone is willing to share, what type of bid ranges will most free agents go for, a wide receiver like F. Jackson, will go for $200 or so, Baker the TE for $150 plus? Kickers and Defense I assume are much lower, 35-50 range? Any help would be appreciated... Estus (and remember I'm a Packers' fan), I'll try to give you the only honest help you'll get on this question. If you go to the General NFFC Discussion Thread, click on that and you'll see a pulldown area in the upper right-hand corner. It likely will say "Show Topics For Last 45 Days." Pull that down to "Show Topics For Last Year." We listed every FAAB winning bid last year for each league, so feel free to look each Monday from September through December of last year's posts for those winning bids. I think you'll see that the winning bids differed in each league, but at least you'll see what kind of bids were being made.

It will take you a few minutes to find all of that, but it will be time well spent. I doubt anyone else will help you beyond that, so good luck.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Dyv

Free Agent Bidding

Post by Dyv » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:40 am

Originally posted by Estus Hood:
I am new to the NFFC, if anyone is willing to share, what type of bid ranges will most free agents go for, a wide receiver like F. Jackson, will go for $200 or so, Baker the TE for $150 plus? Kickers and Defense I assume are much lower, 35-50 range? Any help would be appreciated... Estus - being new to the forum I'll lay it on you nice and easy.

Uh, anything you get here will be a boldface lie. Asking your competitors to help divulge their bidding strategy is stupid and has zero chance of working. Each league will vary greatly. There is no rule of thumb for how this works.

Determine what you want to do with your FA budget for the season. Bid what you think is fair and then you'll be happy if you get your player or if someone "overpays"

Good luck,

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

mikeybok

Free Agent Bidding

Post by mikeybok » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:20 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
quote:Originally posted by Estus Hood:
I am new to the NFFC, if anyone is willing to share, what type of bid ranges will most free agents go for, a wide receiver like F. Jackson, will go for $200 or so, Baker the TE for $150 plus? Kickers and Defense I assume are much lower, 35-50 range? Any help would be appreciated... Estus - being new to the forum I'll lay it on you nice and easy.

Uh, anything you get here will be a boldface lie. Asking your competitors to help divulge their bidding strategy is stupid and has zero chance of working. Each league will vary greatly. There is no rule of thumb for how this works.

Determine what you want to do with your FA budget for the season. Bid what you think is fair and then you'll be happy if you get your player or if someone "overpays"

Good luck,

Dyv
[/QUOTE]LIAR!!!!!

:D
Hakuna Matata!

King of Queens

Free Agent Bidding

Post by King of Queens » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:43 am

Originally posted by the snake:
Hey - what was wrong with my advice in the first place?.. Your advice was excellent. It was the last remark that raised a few eyebrows:

Originally posted by the snake:
that's about as honest an answer as you'll get on this thread...

TradeStar28

Free Agent Bidding

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:59 am

I am bidding atleast 700 on Frisman Jackson

You can use my bid as the rule of thumb
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

GOD Loves You

Free Agent Bidding

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:34 am

Fi$her...if you were in our league you would have to bid more than $700 as I plan to bid near the hole amount after a performance like that. Can anyone say Anquan Boldin?? :D
Remember GOD Loves You
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL