Who is in the running?

BillyWaz

Who is in the running?

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:07 pm

Originally posted by GK:
...please correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't he begin the playoffs in 65th Place out of 65 teams?...GK I posted this on the championship chat board....

Not sure if he was 65th, but he was in 151st place in overall points with 1612 after Week 13 (the leader after 13 weeks had 1900).

It goes to show that ANYTHING can happen in the 3 week shootout, and EVERYONE has a chance!!!

Congrats 1-800-GO-DEEP! :D Playing Sproles took some 100K cahones, that is for sure!!!

sportsbettingman

Who is in the running?

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:52 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Looks like 1800 go deep (Steve Luzzi) has just won the NFFC classic thanks to AP and his 2 TD/100+ yd performance. Well done, Steve! I tried calling to congratulate you (1-800-GO-DEEP), but you left off the last digit. :D [/QUOTE]HAAAA!!!

Now THAT'S FUNNY!!! :D :D :D
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Who is in the running?

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:53 pm

What fun is a contest that is over before it starts...long live the LIVE and WIDE OPEN playoffs!!!
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Sabretooth

Who is in the running?

Post by Sabretooth » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:10 am

65th place to start the playoffs! That type of playoff run gives hope to everybody who can get in. That means I even had a chance:)
Congrats Steve

Chris

[ December 29, 2009, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: Sabretooth ]

Greg Ambrosius

Who is in the running?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:11 am

Originally posted by Sabretooth:
65th place to start the playoffs! That type of playoff run gives hope to everybody who can get in. That means I even had a chance:)
Congrats Steve

Chris Wow, what an amazing story Steve!!! He joined the NFFC last year for the first time on the recommendation from Jules McLean and he really enjoyed his time last year. This year he dove in with main event teams in both events and I remember him coming up to me after the Primetime draft and thanking me for having such a good time. He said he was going to be an NFFC member for a long, long time.

Now I don't doubt it!! :D

Amazing run in the Championship Round Steve and it shows what can happen if you just get into the big dance. That's what we like. Wow, what a fantastic finish and how amazingly close with the last game going into overtime.

Tom will have the official announcements of our overall champions on the boards soon, but I'll jump in beforehand and congratulate Steve Luzzi now. CONGRATS STEVE!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Who is in the running?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:19 am

Steve Luzzi did enter the Championship Round as the 65th seed among 65 teams, but he was the most consistent team in the playoffs and that's why he won the $100,000 grand prize. Steve's 1-800-GO-DEEP team had the third highest score in Week 14 with 197.6. 1-800-GO-DEEP then had the 13th highest score in Week 15 with 157.1 and it finished Week 16 with the sixth highest point total of 166.3. That gave him a winning total of 645.04 points, 3.20 points more than Troy Young's TOPPDOG.

Steve entered the Championship Round with a weekly scoring average of 124.04, 22.15 points behind the leader entering the Championship Round. That's a perfect of example of how anything can happen once you get into the Championship Round!! Congrats Steve.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius