Ethics Question

londog7

Ethics Question

Post by londog7 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:53 am

NO do-overs due to lack of preparation. We had a guy in our local league take Kellen Winslow and Freddie Jones last year. We all chuckled inside and NOBODY said a word!
I can lead a nation with a microphone.

FatPerez

Ethics Question

Post by FatPerez » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm

NO do-overs due to lack of preparation. We had a guy in our local league take Kellen Winslow and Freddie Jones last year. We all chuckled inside and NOBODY said a word!That's what the f**k I'm talkin' 'bout!!! No.....absolutely, no mercy for the turkey basters out there!
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

Appleman

Ethics Question

Post by Appleman » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:21 pm

You say it, you bought it!

sportsbettingman

Ethics Question

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:29 pm

Allowing someone to say one name...and then immediately say another name is BULLSHIT!

You just feel pity because they were both TE's from PHI.

Any other case of this occurring may be verbally reminding the next drafter of two top players that the guy behind the next drafter was targeting. To have ANYTHING but ONE name called out per turn should be against the rules.

It's simple...it's fair. All who argue against this rule are soft.

It could open up a big can of worms with poker bluff chatter..."Let's see...I like Ronnie Brown...no wait I mean Caddilac Williams...wait...what I meant was Terrell Owens."

~Lance

[ August 02, 2006, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Diesel

Ethics Question

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:45 pm

Maybe we need Regis Philbin to host our Main Event and have every player say "THAT IS MY FINAL ANSWER".
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Route Collectors

Ethics Question

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:56 pm

You guys that are so hard lined on this example crack me up. You hide behind the "it's a rule" statement to dodge the issue of having any mercy whatsoever. Again I'm only speaking of Nags example...not the unprepared owner. What if an owner this year says "Mark...uh...Michael Clayton"

What the hell happens to this poor guy....after all...he didn't completely say the name to begin with. Maybe you make him take Mark Duper because he's not as eloquent of speech as you are.

I wonder if any of you hard liners would be pissed if you got a speeding ticket for doing 56 in a 55 zone. Would you expect a break or would you say "that's OK officer - rules are rules...maybe next time I'll follow them better"

Eddie and Blackhand...you guys are cool! :cool:

Route Collectors

Ethics Question

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:02 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Allowing someone to say one name...and then immediately say another name is BULLSHIT!

You just feel pity because they were both TE's from PHI.

Any other case of this occurring may be verbally reminding the next drafter of two top players that the guy behind the next drafter was targeting. To have ANYTHING but ONE name called out per turn should be against the rules.

It's simple...it's fair. All who argue against this rule are soft.

It could open up a big can of worms with poker bluff chatter..."Let's see...I like Ronnie Brown...no wait I mean Caddilac Williams...wait...what I meant was Terrell Owens."

~Lance What rule is currently in place to prevent someone from talking it up? I can say whatever I want to those around me. What if I'm the 12 slot and I talk to 13 and 14 about players in line to be drafted? What if you're 11 and we're talking about players you are targeting...is there a rule in place to stop it? If not, then you're example is a poor one IMO.

King of Queens

Ethics Question

Post by King of Queens » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:06 pm

I've got the perfect solution. Instead of shouting out a player name (and there are other problems associated with that), team owners write down the player's name on a card and hand it to the moderator. The moderator finds the appropriate sticker and places it on the draft board. If there are any objections, team owners can throw a red flag in the center of the draft area. This woud ensure a very calm and controversy-free experience.

sportsbettingman

Ethics Question

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:08 pm

...and yet people moan when they can overhear other tables.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Ethics Question

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:11 pm

Chatter all you want, Route C...but not when you're on the clock.

~Lance

~Long John Silver