I'll Chat Today At 2 PM ET Today

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:15 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
I guess the early FAAB deadlines are taking away the Wed afternoon posters.

Tom - what do you think about some of the more interesting games this week..........

Denver @ Cleveland on Thursday night - how does
Brady Quinn do in his first start? Who do you think wins the scoring duel of bad defensive teams?

Green Bay @ Minnesota - will Rodgers be able to torch the Vikings secondary? Will ADP go off against the Packers rush defense?

Carolina @ Oakland - will the Raiders get shut out twice in a row? or will SeaBas kick an early FG to get them off the schneid? Sorry I had a company benefits meeting but I'm back again:

1. I think Quinn does well. I don't think he goes off but it's an outstanding matchup and he's at home. I think the Browns' defense fares better but they both stink.

2. I think All Day goes off against the Packers. I think Rodgers will do well. I'd expect the Packers to come out and spread the offense and look to throw. They know they can't run on the Vikings but you can throw on them.

3. A FG or two for the Raiders is possible but this one will be over quickly. Oakland has no chance.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:17 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
Tom, not trying to stir the pot, but I feel this wed.faab deadline really does stink......Player don't start to practice till wednesday, so your not getting a fair shake..Again Im not trying to get into the hurricane Ike battle,but there is no way to look towards the future and maybe having a friday drat for these weeks? That would prevent people from making moves before the first game of the week and with so many Thursday games that's not something we'd be looking to do. Could we look into a second FAAB period? That's possible. We've talked about that before but we'll see how that goes.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:18 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Tom,

How does Shaun Hill do this week?

Thanks again,

John Great matchup but this is a guy who couldn't beat out J.T. O'Sullivan so I'm skeptical. He also doesn't have a good arm so look for LOTS and LOTS of passes to Frank Gore. The matchup could definitely help him this week, though, because the Niners will have to throw a lot and the Arizona defense is awful. I wouldn't want to start Hill if I could avoid it but I wouldn't run scared of him if I really had to use him. Make sense?
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:22 am

Originally posted by Renman:
Tom,

-Does Bryant Johnson regain his job with the new coaching staff in San Fran?

-Is Chris Chambers a weekly must start in your eyes?

-What are your thoughts on Tyler Thigpen? I have not SEEN him play much. As good as his numbers?

-What have you heard about E. Grahams injury?

-Who do you like better? Olsen or Scaife 1. Probably not. I think he'll rotate with Morgan and Morgan is the upside play there.

2. If Chambers is healthy, he's a very good WR3 with WR2 upside most weeks. So it depends on your WR situation whether he should be started every week.

3. He's playing real well but I don't think you can expect him to catch many more TD passes. I love his matchup this week against the Chargers but that's another guy I wouldn't rush out and start if I could help it. I still want to see another good game or two before I'm convinced he's a viable starter.

4. Haven't heard any updates yet. I'm definitely interested because I'm 9-0 in the KP1 league and he's my RB2 behind Gore. So I need him to stay healthy if I'm going to stay undefeated.

5. Olsen is the upside play when Orton is healthy because he's much more capable of scoring TDs. Scaife is money for receptions but he has little chance to score most weeks so that lowers his potential.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:27 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
Tom,

How does Shaun Hill do this week?

Thanks again,

John Great matchup but this is a guy who couldn't beat out J.T. O'Sullivan so I'm skeptical. He also doesn't have a good arm so look for LOTS and LOTS of passes to Frank Gore. The matchup could definitely help him this week, though, because the Niners will have to throw a lot and the Arizona defense is awful. I wouldn't want to start Hill if I could avoid it but I wouldn't run scared of him if I really had to use him. Make sense?
[/QUOTE]Yep, thanks.

Going all in with Hill and B.Johnson this week. 99% of You guys I'm sure think I'm nuts. But it's the way I roll. :D

At least Monday's game will mean something to me. ;)

John

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:30 am

I think Hill is definitely a boom or bust play. He could drop 250 and 3 TDs on the Cardinals simply because he's in a Martz offense and because Arizona stinks defensively. Or he could throw up about 125 yards and a TD because he isn't very good.

But this is the year that's seen Kyle Orton look like a stud and Gus Frerotte look darn good and Tyler Thigpen has looked like a stud. So anything's possible. Guys like Hill, Quinn and Thigpen all have great matchups this week so I don't think it's crazy at all to roll with one of them. Be prepared to have it fail miserably but there is serious upside with all three of those guys this week.

There are some bad defenses in the league right now.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:30 am

100% John.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:37 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
100% John. :D

renman

Post by renman » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:38 am

Tom,

-Would you bench Peyton Manning vs the Steelers this week if you had Sage (though vs Balt)? I have benched "stud" players many times over the years if I had a feeling about a matchup for a lesser valued player. The only thing making me waffle is that there is no chance the Colts run at all on Pittsburgh and all offensive numbers must go through Manning. I can see decent yardage on tons of shorter passes.

-Do you expect a big finish for Lynch as he enters the backend of the season and tons of good matchups? Or do you expect him to be average with decent TD potential and not much else?

-Will Larry Johnson return next week?

-Will Matt Jones get suspended for real?

-Will Barack follow through on his promise to remove taxes against high stakes fantasy players? (he told me this in confidence after talking to Joe the Plummer... the camera never caught it)

Samlawyer

Post by Samlawyer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:47 am

Multiple Choice Question: Of the 7 games remaining in the fantasy regular season and playoffs, Duece plays:

A. 0-1
B. 2-3
C. 4-5
D. 6-7