I'll Chat Today At 2 PM ET Today

Samlawyer

Post by Samlawyer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:48 am

Same multiple choice question with respect to Larry Johnson.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:01 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
Tom, not trying to stir the pot, but I feel this wed.faab deadline really does stink......Player don't start to practice till wednesday, so your not getting a fair shake..Again Im not trying to get into the hurricane Ike battle,but there is no way to look towards the future and maybe having a friday drat for these weeks? stop whining!

[ November 05, 2008, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:14 am

Originally posted by Renman:
Tom,

-Would you bench Peyton Manning vs the Steelers this week if you had Sage (though vs Balt)? I have benched "stud" players many times over the years if I had a feeling about a matchup for a lesser valued player. The only thing making me waffle is that there is no chance the Colts run at all on Pittsburgh and all offensive numbers must go through Manning. I can see decent yardage on tons of shorter passes.

-Do you expect a big finish for Lynch as he enters the backend of the season and tons of good matchups? Or do you expect him to be average with decent TD potential and not much else?

-Will Larry Johnson return next week?

-Will Matt Jones get suspended for real?

-Will Barack follow through on his promise to remove taxes against high stakes fantasy players? (he told me this in confidence after talking to Joe the Plummer... the camera never caught it) OK, last questions for the day.

1. I wouldn't bench Manning. I like Rosenfels' matchup but at the end of the day I'm going with the talent and that's Peyton.

2. I think Lynch is who he is at this point - a decent yardage guy who will be saved by scoring TDs on a regular basis.

3. Sure sounds like it.

4. Doesn't sound like Jones will be suspended. He's looking good this week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:14 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by kapefear:
Tom, not trying to stir the pot, but I feel this wed.faab deadline really does stink......Player don't start to practice till wednesday, so your not getting a fair shake..Again Im not trying to get into the hurricane Ike battle,but there is no way to look towards the future and maybe having a friday drat for these weeks? stop whining! [/QUOTE]It sound like Capefear might be unprepared this week. He's waiting for the Guru, draftsharks, and Gekko reports.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:15 am

Originally posted by Samlawyer:
Multiple Choice Question: Of the 7 games remaining in the fantasy regular season and playoffs, Duece plays:

A. 0-1
B. 2-3
C. 4-5
D. 6-7 C

I'm not sure he'll even be suspended at this point. This whole thing smells like the Travis Henry deal a year ago.

That's all for today. Thanks for all of the questions and good luck to everyone this week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:17 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by kapefear:
Tom, not trying to stir the pot, but I feel this wed.faab deadline really does stink......Player don't start to practice till wednesday, so your not getting a fair shake..Again Im not trying to get into the hurricane Ike battle,but there is no way to look towards the future and maybe having a friday drat for these weeks? stop whining! [/QUOTE]It sound like Capefear might be unprepared this week. He's waiting for the Guru, draftsharks, and Gekko reports.
[/QUOTE]Go "all in" on Rosenflum this week. He scores 20+ a game
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:27 am

Should I play him over Warner?

Samlawyer

Post by Samlawyer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:31 am

You're going to bench the #1 fantasy QB at home against SF? Ballsy.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:35 am

Originally posted by Samlawyer:
You're going to bench the #1 fantasy QB at home against SF? Ballsy. If the Gekko report says "yes", do I have any other choice?

Samlawyer

Post by Samlawyer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:56 am

Your funeral . . .