more injuries

Shrink Attack

more injuries

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:02 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Better to waste 1st round pick on bums? monday morning qb'ing suits u well. [/QUOTE]Why the negative comment, Mark? How is it all helpful to this forum for you to personally attack a well-respected member of this MB for no good reason?

This kind of thing actively discourages current and potential MB participants from contributing to this forum when they see unprovoked attacks on someone just for expressing a benign comment. I'm not singling you out, because many people do it, but I think that's one reason there aren't more people participating on this MB, and why more solid FF material isn't discussed because people don't want to be attacked just for trying to participate.

Just my opinion, but let's all see if you personally flame me for it.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Gordon Gekko

more injuries

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:15 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Why the negative comment, Mark? How is it all helpful to this forum for you to personally attack a well-respected member of this MB for no good reason?

This kind of thing actively discourages current and potential MB participants from contributing to this forum when they see unprovoked attacks on someone just for expressing a benign comment. I'm not singling you out, because many people do it, but I think that's one reason there aren't more people participating on this MB, and why more solid FF material isn't discussed because people don't want to be attacked just for trying to participate.

Just my opinion, but let's all see if you personally flame me for it. negative comment "Mark"?!?!? "personal attack"?!?!?!?

either some of you guys don't have a lot upstairs or you try to sound intelligent without thinking. let me explain:

GOD Loves You knows i drafted maroney and jabs at me and says "Better to waste 1st round pick on bums?"

I REPLY and said, "monday morning qb'ing suits u well."

my comment was reasonable, non-negative, and certainly not personal. do you know what monday morning qb'ing even is? thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

GOD Loves You

more injuries

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:00 am

GG, my question/statement was truthful, yours doesn't relate whatsoever....it's only your opinion. I wouldn't have selected Maroney had he fallen to me at pick #28. Maroney isn't on ANY of my teams, yet I had that bum.....Morris, in over half of my leagues. My so-called q-bing has yielded me more points from a Patriot RB than your q-bing .

Anytime I have posted anything truthful about a player, after the truth was revealed, you claim my post is BS and I'm Monday morning q-bing. Actually, most people disagreeing with you get the same treatment......thanks :rolleyes:

I have no reason to post anything dishonest or half-truthful. My ego hasn't ever needed any stroking......you should look in the mirror every once in a while before you pass judgement on others.
Do you realize how many people you've caused to quit posting on....or never post at all on these boards due to your behavior?? BTW, I'm not the only one who agrees with the previous statement.

Slave, GG might not know what "deriving" means since he "might not have a lot upstairs or trys to sound intelligent"......eh, I wasted enough of my time, like Jack H. said, you'll never change.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

sportsbettingman

more injuries

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:04 am

GLY...

If you want to go out of your way to dish it out...you'd better be ready to take it.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

more injuries

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:09 am

Message Boards in general seem to toughen people up...gives folks a chance to grow a little thinker skin...and that's not a bad thing.

The Utopia of a high stakes Fantasy Football message board, where the best players are giving away their thoughts and strategies to the masses is not likely to happen. You'll get a few nuggets mixed in with the bluffs and misinformation...but it's not logical to expose any advantage you may have to your competition.

~Lance

[ November 03, 2007, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

GOD Loves You

more injuries

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:07 am

I peruse the MB's like a lot of folks...read threads like others and sometimes even respond to a post or two....HOW IS THIS GOING OUT OF MY WAY :confused: ? I simply posed a question to GG, better to have wasted a 1st rounder on a bum or a 10th/11th rounder? In jest, sure....worthy of the same ad nauseam comment??.....boring and predictable.

I can take anything, been through enough in REAL life that I find your message board, thicker skin comment deplorable/laughable when it comes to ff mb's.

BTW, going out of ones way is researching a particular teams players, drops/pickups, roster decisions, $$$$ management, etc....responding in jest is not.

Gordon Gekko

more injuries

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:37 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
GLY...

If you want to go out of your way to dish it out...you'd better be ready to take it.

~Lance glad lance can see it. others around these parts have a "holier than thou" attitude. makes the MB shitt in my opinion.

GLY, consider it a lesson learned: when you go fish'n for great white, don't be surprised when one bites. now go back to your NEVER stroking your own ego..."blah blah i picked up k.warner in all my leagues three weeks before lionheart got hurt" or "...blah blah i can't believe warner is available in so many leagues, the writing was on the wall" get a grip man!!!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

GOD Hates You

more injuries

Post by GOD Hates You » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:21 am

"holier than thou", I guess you are not talking about me.

Thank you and have a nice day.

GOD Loves You

more injuries

Post by GOD Loves You » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:16 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
GLY...

~Lance glad lance can see it. others around these parts have a "holier than thou" attitude. makes the MB shitt in my opinion.

GLY, consider it a lesson learned: when you go fish'n for great white, don't be surprised when one bites. now go back to your NEVER stroking your own ego..."blah blah i picked up k.warner in all my leagues three weeks before lionheart got hurt" or "...blah blah i can't believe warner is available in so many leagues, the writing was on the wall" get a grip man!!!
[/QUOTE]If that's your idea of biting someone, I'm never going fishing with you...of course we would come back with tales of the biggest fish ever caught, although they would be tales copied from another!

You're on notice, thanks.