SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

sportsbettingman

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:53 pm

Originally posted by JohnZ:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
[qb]
The lower entry fee argument is mute. If you have 1300 and expenses to burn on FF ... you can probably have an extra $500 to spend as well.
Not for me.

I use that $500 for a $250 DC and 2 Sats...

I now have four chances for return instead of one shot at 11 weeks.

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more bang for the buck...

That's nice...but for most...it is mute.

Put it another way...would it stop you from playing?

I doubt it.

[ December 03, 2007, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

renman

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by renman » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:21 am

I have played in the NFFC since year one. Ironically the main reason I played the NFFC the first year is because I got shut out of the WCOFF and got lucky to catch an NFFC ad in some magazine.

I would echo much of what Edelman said. Though unlike him, this is my first year with the WCOFF. I think the main reason it is so popular is that it had a good headstart over the NFFC and we all know these things can be viral in that the spread word of mouth among people. We all know how fantasy football has exploded over the last 10 years and the WCOFF was first on the block and had perfect timing to grow.

I think the 12 team game is simple and basic and attracts people who are comfortable in that standard format. Here would be my pros-cons.

WCOFF...

Pros- It is still super high stakes action with big payouts. The draft itself was well run. The extra events (one and done and playoff contest) are a nice added value bonus. The fact people who started players on bye weeks are NOT eligible for these events shows that they care about the teams that quit issue. I do not know what the customer service was like in the past, but it has been perfectly fine (at least for me) so far this year.

Cons- No 3RR, combined with full point for running back receptions can make the randomness of draft slots feel pretty unfair. Given the expense to play, that might be a turn off. Once you taste KDS conbined with 3RR it is hard to go back. The fact one team can be best in h2h AND total points and they STILL must play a league championship game makes no sense. I am with Billy Waz in not liking the single game playoff game for something that important. The website is somewhat clumsey.

I would add more but just got a call from my daycare and I gotta go get a sick kid...

over and out...

[ December 03, 2007, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: renman ]

TURBOUGH

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by TURBOUGH » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:26 am

Playoffs are a must.

The two biggest draw backs of the WCOFF is the cost and too many teams playing for the big money. Too many teams = Too many common players

[ December 05, 2007, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: TURBOUGH ]

El Diablo

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by El Diablo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:07 am

WCOFF is coming to Atlantic City? if so i may try it out, but hearing the rules of WCOFF and playing in NFFC for all 4 years , i like the set up we have in NFFC . And i have always been in 12 man leagues and no ppr either. Change is good , and if u really know what u r doing , then u will be able to adapt pretty quickly to different rules , its still football ,still the same players .... ANd of course one bad year in a new system wouldnt prove anything , however winning it in 1st year would!

Captain Hook

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by Captain Hook » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:23 am

Originally posted by El Diablo:
WCOFF is coming to Atlantic City? No, it has been there for several years already.

El Diablo

SURVEY WCOFF VS. NFFC

Post by El Diablo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:00 am

Then where have i been?