BRIAN BROHM

Team Legacy

BRIAN BROHM

Post by Team Legacy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:33 pm

The future of the Green Bay Packers.

Mark it down.

Congrats to the Pack for seeing what the JETS, BEARS and DOLPHINS didn't.

We all know the Pack LOVE 2nd round QBs.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Shrink Attack

BRIAN BROHM

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:04 pm

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
The future of the Green Bay Packers.

Mark it down.

Congrats to the Pack for seeing what the JETS, BEARS and DOLPHINS didn't.

We all know the Pack LOVE 2nd round QBs. You left out one thing, Scott. In order to make the Hall of Fame, you first have to be traded by the Atlanta Falcons after your Rookie season. :mad:

BTW...the Falcons should have drafted Dorsey at #3 and then Brohm in the 2nd round. Just another in a long line of blunders. My Falcons season tickets are in for a long year. :(

Paul
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Greg Ambrosius

BRIAN BROHM

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:03 am

Most folks thought Teddy Thompson would take Brohm in the first round and I was VERY MUCH against that. But we all knew that Teddy would trade down as always and just take more players, not the best player at No. 30. He apparently likes this Jordy kid, but when he saw Brohm slipping in the second round he apparently tried to trade up to get him. The fact that he got him at 56 was okay with me as that was good value at that position.

Folks should remember that if Brohm had come out for the NFL draft last year he could have been a Top 15 or even Top 10 pick. He fell because he couldn't lead Louisville to a winning record in 2007 and because he's injury-prone, but he has the potential to be a worthy backup behind Aaron Rodgers.

This could be a solid pickup for the Packers, who obviously are ready to move on without Brett Favre.

I think Teddy watched Favre on Letterman Thursday night and saw Brett say that it would be tempting to come back if Rodgers got hurt. This puts an end to that and Teddy shut the door in a hurry. If Rodgers gets hurt now, Brohm will step in. Or now Teddy can get a veteran QB who can start a few games if needed. Either way, Brett has no avenue to return to Titletown anymore and our last sighting of him will be at the Monday night opener to retire his jersey.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

eddietheking

BRIAN BROHM

Post by eddietheking » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:32 am

let's see how well Rogers does first before putting the rookies at the head of the Pack. I think with the WRs the Packers have he'll do quite well this year. Good running game and D too.
Seems like Favre can't let go, I heard a few clips of his and he just doesn't seem to accept that he retured. He was so good for so long, except for the crunch time INTs, it was a joy to watch him throw all those TDs throughout the years and win so many big games.

pizzatyme

BRIAN BROHM

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:43 am

Man, it seems like the Packers are pi$$ed at one of their all-time greats. I know he "retired", but why would they slam the door shut on him?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Ted's Cracked Head

BRIAN BROHM

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:03 am

How do you leave a door open and not hurt your organization?

Favre made his bed now he can go lay in it or suit up somewhere else. I do not blame the Packers one bit for trying to get depth at that position.

Having said that, I still think Favre plays again somewhere this year! Imho, SF would be a great fit.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King