NFL 2008 "Pick'em Share Pool"

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:22 pm

Originally posted by boutrous11:
I'd love to join this next year.

[email protected] if you have an email list.

Pete Pete, I'll add you to the list. I send out the invites, starting in June and close the signups in Mid-August. The more the merrier! You're going to love this contest.

Marc
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:32 am

Richie Primo and GLY, please PM me your addresses so I can send you your prizes.

Marc

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:22 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:

richie , i feel like taking that 3 hour drive to yell at you. your day was set up perfect. all in on pats then all in on your team ( eagles ).followed by your charger pick and you end up 96k. hehehe. everyone loves the eagles this week richie. you know what happens when everyone loves one team. I actually was thinking of that, Frank. The only early game I liked was Indy, I knew the Cowgirls would choke as usual and I LOVED San Diego but I couldn't resist laying in the weeds and hopping over Renman while he pacified his baby (or was it that the dog ate his pick...I forgot what he said). :D

BTW...the Eagles are not really my team. Andy Reid is the most overrated coach and McNabb is a total choke, so I know what you mean about "when everyone loves" a team. I stopped caring for the Eagles when Buddy Ryan left, but when they make the playoffs it's good for business. My real team is the 2008 World (fu**in') Champion Phillies.

Happy New Year to you and your family, Frank.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

russ0811

Post by russ0811 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:54 pm

Marc,

This pool is great it makes watching the games that much more exciting you can count me in next year even though I was the first one out on opening night lol. i met u in new york marc and I look forward to next season but right now I'm focused on my dolphins since I am the biggest diehard around I was at Jets game made the drive up Go fins woooooooo!!!!!!

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:26 pm

Russ, I remember you...It's good to hear that you're in again next year. First out or last out, if you don't finish in the top 5, "it don't mean a thing". So you went in, and you went in all the way. If you win that first week, and rolled it a few times, you may have been in Stormola's situation with over $50,000...

See you next year.

Marc

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:49 am

Sitting here, writing checks out for nearly $5,000...It's making me think...I think I'm going to send out prizes in increments. For instance, the Champ, who won $3,000, will get $1 a week for $3,000 weeks. I hope this is okay with all of you. LMAO

For those of you who don't know my sense of humor, I'm kidding. The checks are being processed by my accounting department(ME), and will be in the mail later today...Picked up by the US Postal Service by Monday, and you'll get them by Wednesday or Thursday.

Congrats to all of the winners. You guys should have seen the bank teller today, when I opened up an envelope with nearly $5,000 in it for a deposit...lol...I told the teller I just printed them up, so be careful not to smear them...LMAO

[ January 03, 2009, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Diesel ]

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:58 am

*A special thanks to Scott Stahlmann...Scott is a very generous guy and is actually PAID for next year's contest already!!!!! Sorry guys, if you wanted to be the first sign-up for 2009, but Scott has the first 2 spots all paid up already!

I know 3 players asked for a higher entry fee for next year, but I've had an overwhelmingly huge percentage of the pool players that have asked to keep it the same. The economy isn't getting any better and the $50 entry fee for this league is something that everyone will be able to handle, no matter how bad it gets. I honestly feel that we will get at the VERY least, 150 entrants next year, so do the math and you'll see the prizes will only be that much better.

I see no reason to change the rules as I only had about 5 emails all season long, asking about the pool. I want to keep it as simple as possible and I think that's exactly what it is now. So next year will be the same rules, and same entry fee. Signups will start in June, and end in Mid-Late August...

Have a great off season, everyone.

Marc Quitsch

[ January 03, 2009, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Diesel ]

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:24 am

I know Scott well - he's not a fantasy sports guy but he absolutely loved this contest Diesel ! I kept telling him to get his rear and gear and start doubling up but he did it his way and came in the $. I'll pass your kind words along...

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:12 am

marc , how bout another league but make it 100 fee to get in. even with 50 guys that is a good payout.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:25 am

Frank, I can run 2 contests at 2 different price levels if I get enough attention. I will definitely do that if I see some responses to that.

P.S. Frank, you never replied to my PM?