Picking a QB in the First round.

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:51 pm

Last year, I remember a lot of "slams" being tossed out regarding a NFFC player who selected P. Manning in the first round (it may have even been the first pick). Obviously, that didn't work out for him or her, but only because it was Brady who stole the show. What if it had been Manning who was the top QB like most suspected at the beginning of the year? This year's draft will likely see alot more QBs taken in the first round. So, was this owner ahead of the curve? Or, was the majority right all along? Maybe this year is the best year ever to draft conventionally (RB, RB) because so many will be taking risks on QBs?

Finally, with so many strategies at play, the KDS gets very interesting. We will know there are several different stategies at play in a league if most players get their top couple picks instead of one of the top 4. In fact, if you base your KDS on your favorite strategy and you get the pick of your choice, you may be alone in that strategy because the others will change based on position in the draft. As a result, this year may find most owners in each league meeting their strategic intent at the draft. So, this year, it may come down to who has the best draft plan based on positional selection priorities as opposed to the best player ranking list. In otherwords, this year strategy may have an edge over knowledge. Of course, there will always be luck in play...but I think this year the strategists may come to the top over the most football knowledgeable. Comments?
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

fandango

Post by fandango » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:55 am

im taking Brady first overall no doubt.....

David U. Kennedy

Post by David U. Kennedy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:26 am

You are definitely over-analyzing. Just have Fun.

slam

Post by slam » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:13 am

Here is one simple reason why I presonally do not prefer a QB in the first round.

You cannot get any insurance for that 1st round pick if he gets hurt.

Ex Who would you rather have?
AP and Chester Taylor as his handucff or
Brady and (hell I dont even remember his name)

or S Jax and B Leonard or....
P Manning and Jim Sorgi.

An injury to the QB sinks you where as the RB injury is manageable with his HC.

With a 1st round RB you can get some insurance with a good Handcuff (Note some RBs HCs are not worthy). This is not the case with those top QBs.

Just something to consider
Author, Fantasy Football Guidebook: Your Comprehensive Guide to Playing Fantasy Football and Fantasy Football Tips: 201 Ways to Win through Player Rankings, Cheat Sheets and Better Drafting (Available at www.fantasyfootballguidebook.com )