TOUGH GOING FOR LJ

Appleman

TOUGH GOING FOR LJ

Post by Appleman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:31 pm

LJ was a great back and may still have a good skill set, but Thigpen from Coastal Carolina as the starting QB? on a KC team that has to be one of the worst NFL teams in many years? Good luck with LJ!

pizzatyme

TOUGH GOING FOR LJ

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:01 pm

Originally posted by kapefear:
PARTICIPANT 2137.......cAN YOU please GO BACK TO YOUR OLD name.We miss it....
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

BillyWaz

TOUGH GOING FOR LJ

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:52 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Please quote for me where Edwards said LJ was being removed from goal line duty.

If you wish to base that opinion in what happened in the 2nd half of one game...I'll laugh.

If you can show me a quote...I'll understand.

If you wish to put credit in Rotoworlds nerd writers adding in their OPINIONS as fact...you are not the "BillyWaz" I thought your were.

When I see him run...he still has power and burst...but no holes.

SA had lost his power and burst.

FYI...OAK DEF held the vaunted DEN running game to 4.1 per rush attempt.

That's 2 yards per attempt better than San Diego could do. (over 6 pyc)

Who knows yet how improved OAK rush defense really is???

~Lance Please show me Lance, where I said "Herm Edwards said....."??? :confused:

I said it "went public", and last I checked, RotoWorld was a PUBLIC website.

If I "am not the BillyWaz you thought I was" because of that, I can only imagine what you think of Gekko!? :eek:

Referring to that post on RotoWorld, ALONG with...

- the fact that LJ has averaged 2.8 per carry (which is QUITE different than 4.1- that is MY opinion)

- the Chiefs as a team have only been in the red zone TWICE thus far (and have opted to pass each time for their score)

- Herm Edwards DID say that rookie Jamaal Charles needs to touch the ball more (and yes, I have a quote)...

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs ... 94841.html

those FACTS all compiled together with the RotoWorld quote, along with these opinions...

- LJ won't be as much of a goalline guy anymore.

- Kansas City is a MESS on offense (QB situation), and again, will have a hard time getting leads in games, running the ball consistently, and getting in the red zone.

- LJ HAS lost a step, lacks burst (we differ on opinion there), and has no holes to run through, etc.

My whole post was basically saying that he WILL NOT be productive this year, and will put up "Shaun Alexander FANTASY numbers" (I never was comparing he and LJ's physical skills, etc. Sorry you misinterpreted that).

That all being said, I DO think he will put up 2-3 quality games this year (20 points +), but overall, he will be a MAJOR disappointment to his owners this year.

[ September 19, 2008, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Gordon Gekko

TOUGH GOING FOR LJ

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:38 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
If I "am not the BillyWaz you thought I was" because of that, I can only imagine what you think of Gekko!? :eek:
Jim Rome i believe. thanks lance :cool:
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

TOUGH GOING FOR LJ

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:30 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
- the LJ resurgence and reclamation to former Beastdom begins this weekend...stay tuned!...SNAKE I won't disagree with this EXCEPT the resurgence part.

If he can't do it against Oakland OR Atlanta, then you might as well put him on your bench..... seriously.

"Resurgence" implies he will be the "LJ of old". I just don't see it happening.

I'm betting if you didn't own him Glenn, that you wouldn't be nearly as optimistic.

ultimatefs

TOUGH GOING FOR LJ

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:07 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
- the LJ resurgence and reclamation to former Beastdom begins this weekend...stay tuned!...SNAKE I won't disagree with this EXCEPT the resurgence part.

If he can't do it against Oakland OR Atlanta, then you might as well put him on your bench..... seriously.

"Resurgence" implies he will be the "LJ of old". I just don't see it happening.

I'm betting if you didn't own him Glenn, that you wouldn't be nearly as optimistic.
[/QUOTE]...uhm, you'd lose that bet...maybe, as all shall find out soon enough - stay tuned for The "LJ Resurgence Sweepstakes" which will play on this thread from here on out on a weekly basis...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]until there's a LJ govt bailout program for all LJ owners......

LJ was dead money before the draft....
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

kapefear

TOUGH GOING FOR LJ

Post by kapefear » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:19 am

Snake, he is on "LIFE SUPPORT",I know you will NEVER admit your wrong,but I agree he was DEAD $$$.You were putting stock in BRODIE and they didnt even add a SOLID WR.I love BOWE and GONZO,but please tell me your logic of LJ, instead of a stud WR.Your running out of time...just like HERM......Maybe you will SQUIRM like HERM........