Tony Gonzalez

Diesel

Tony Gonzalez

Post by Diesel » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:50 am

The Chiefs have formally put Tony Gonzalez on the block, if a team offers up the right draft pick(s) for Gonzo...

Which team do you think he'd fit best? Who do you think would benefit the most from having him?

Here are a few I can think of, that would be looked at differently if they had Gonzo...In no necessary order...

Miami---I know, they have Fasano...But we're talking Tony Gonzalez here. He'd make a huge impact on the passing game there on a team that is already making some noise this season.

NY Giants---Kevin Boss is a very good blocker/route runner. But Tony Gonzalez here would put that Giants offense over the top. Gonzalez doesn't COMMAND the ball the way Shockey did. Gonzo just finds a way to GET them.

Carolina---A TightEnd? In Carolina? Not since Welsey Walls have they had a guy like Gonzo. Tony Gonzalez would help this offense in a big way.

NY Jets---Dustin Keller is a work in progress. Chris Baker is a good TE. Bubba Franks? C'mon. Could it hurt to add to the Jets' offense? I know Coles and Cotchery would approve.

Jacksonville---If Matt Jones is your best receiver, why not take a shot and offer a draft pick for Tony Gonzalez and turn your offense around with one swift draft pick. Gonzo could bring this team to legitimacy.(Is that a word? It sounds right...lol)

There are a few other teams I see, but I didn't think Gonzo would fit into their scheme of things...Where do you guys think he'll go? It's very rare for an NFL trade, with any meaning, happen. But it's a good topic de jur...
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

BillyWaz

Tony Gonzalez

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:03 pm

I heard the Giants are the "light" favorite.

As a Bowe owner in the NFFC, and a Gonzo owner in WCOFF, this would be a dream come true.

More targets for Bowe and better QB play for Gonzo!

Make this happen, Diesel!! :D

da bears

Tony Gonzalez

Post by da bears » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:07 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

As a Bowe owner in the NFFC, and a Gonzo owner in WCOFF, this would be a dream come true.

Make this happen, Diesel!! :D Sounds good to me as I own Gonzo in the WCOFF also.
Bauler Shot Caller

Diesel

Tony Gonzalez

Post by Diesel » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:14 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

Make this happen, Diesel!! :D I took Bowe in nearly every league I'm in this year. I think his value will stay the same, with or without Gonzo...But if Gonzo being traded DOES make Bowe a more productive wideout, I'm all for it.

I sent an email to the Kansas City Chiefs, and CC'd it to the New York Giants. I made sure to title it, "A thought from the Diesel", so I'm sure to get a message back very soon.

BLACKHAND

Tony Gonzalez

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:00 pm

EAGLES , PACKERS , SEAHAWKS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE IN CONTENTION.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Appleman

Tony Gonzalez

Post by Appleman » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:18 pm

giants are now no longer a light favorite, but the favorite, debating what rd pick, 3rd-6th.

Eddiejag

Tony Gonzalez

Post by Eddiejag » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:46 am

I dont agree with Miami as they have a good young tight end in Fasano and a pretty good backup in Martin.The Dolphins have other needs and tight end isnt one of them.The Giants make sense and so do the Packers.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Diesel

Tony Gonzalez

Post by Diesel » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:16 am

Eddie, I like Fasano too. Martin is a good blocker and makes some big 1st down catches...But Miami has been tough this year already. Tony Gonzalez would be a HUGE addition to the "right now" mentality of the NFL. Will Fasano be a factor that makes you think Miami can be a definite contender in the playoffs? I don't think so. At least now this year. But I DO think Gonzo could do that.

Parcells is also known for bulking up a team for it's run for the superbowl. Then when he leaves, he leaves a team in shambles...This would be no different...lol

Raiders

Tony Gonzalez

Post by Raiders » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:29 am

I hope Gonz gets traded to Jacksonville this week, so he'll have another bye week. :D

BONGIZMO

Tony Gonzalez

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:13 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
I hope Gonz gets traded to Jacksonville this week, so he'll have another bye week. :D LOL now that is strategy... ;)
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.