How stupid can you be?

Inf4life

How stupid can you be?

Post by Inf4life » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:24 am

Seriously Brandon Marshall. Your team just scored the go ahead touchdown with less than two minutes left and you want to do a celebration that is going to cost you money and your team 15 yards? Stupid. Granted, I understand what his celebration meant and I respect that but it was not the time to do that. That is really selfish if you ask me. If Stokely didn't come over and stop him they might have lost that game. That kid needs to grow up.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Old School

How stupid can you be?

Post by Old School » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:37 am

For a second there, I thought he was pulling out the other "Bloody Glove" that Orenthal lost :eek:

mikeybok

How stupid can you be?

Post by mikeybok » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:42 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:
Seriously Brandon Marshall. Your team just scored the go ahead touchdown with less than two minutes left and you want to do a celebration that is going to cost you money and your team 15 yards? Stupid. Granted, I understand what his celebration meant and I respect that but it was not the time to do that. That is really selfish if you ask me. If Stokely didn't come over and stop him they might have lost that game. That kid needs to grow up. Actually ... believe it or not ... it was a political statement. He had a black glove and a white glove and was going to use the attention to show that the election of Obama was a healing statement for the country and that we were all part of one country and one people.

Still stupid ... but not a selfish stunt by a WR for a change. I respect the thought ... not the stunt though.
Hakuna Matata!

renman

How stupid can you be?

Post by renman » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:47 am

I actually ORIGINALLY thought he was going to pull something out related to Joey Porter of the Dolphins as he had a war of words (typical) with him all week. I thought he was going to somehow disparage Porter and Stokely came over and calmed him so not to hurt the team. I later found out it was a political statement.

Ted's Cracked Head

How stupid can you be?

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:06 am

Stokely gets an at-a-boy for his assistance. Class move by a seasoned vet.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Old School

How stupid can you be?

Post by Old School » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:04 pm

It was stupid AND selfish. You could have cost your team a victory. That's selfish. Don't make a "political statement" to loosely call it, on company time, do it on your own time when no one cares what you are saying...

williamhare

How stupid can you be?

Post by williamhare » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:29 am

I'm struck by Marshall's (seeming) intelligence and likeability in TV interviews. Just young perhaps..... seems like one of the few diva WR'S to root for. Give him a year..... leaders Cutler and Stokley aid the grooming proces.
HMan83

trueblue

How stupid can you be?

Post by trueblue » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:06 pm

Originally posted by Old School:
For a second there, I thought he was pulling out the other "Bloody Glove" that Orenthal lost :eek: if the glove don't fit..acquit. :D

DOOMSDAY

How stupid can you be?

Post by DOOMSDAY » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:34 am

if that white-black glove theory is true then i guess ill give him a pass.

I saw it way differently, and thought it was to be a statement of blak power in reference to the militant panthers, boy i hope i was way off on that one, prob a few too many cold ones mon night.

richieprimo

How stupid can you be?

Post by richieprimo » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:32 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Go Getta:
Seriously Brandon Marshall. Your team just scored the go ahead touchdown with less than two minutes left and you want to do a celebration that is going to cost you money and your team 15 yards? Stupid. Granted, I understand what his celebration meant and I respect that but it was not the time to do that. That is really selfish if you ask me. If Stokely didn't come over and stop him they might have lost that game. That kid needs to grow up. Actually ... believe it or not ... it was a political statement. He had a black glove and a white glove and was going to use the attention to show that the election of Obama was a healing statement for the country and that we were all part of one country and one people.

Still stupid ... but not a selfish stunt by a WR for a change. I respect the thought ... not the stunt though.
[/QUOTE]UYT...You REALLY believe that, don't you? That's funny.

If Barack Obama wasn't "black," Marshall, and half of the NFL players wouldn't even be able to pronounce his name.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.