2 Safties in a row!

mikeybok

2 Safties in a row!

Post by mikeybok » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:34 am

Has that ever been done before?

BTW all you GB fans ... Jets look pretty good today.

First time I ever witnessed a team 13 - 3 decide to rebuild the team. Way to look towards the future!
Hakuna Matata!

williamhare

2 Safties in a row!

Post by williamhare » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:13 am

I recall the L.A. Rams, around 1985, had two safeties in one quarter vs. the N.Y. Football Giants. My first year in Fantasy Football and my
league had huge bonuses for D/ST scores... and Rams were my "D". A good week for the infant PiranHas!
HMan83

Greg Ambrosius

2 Safties in a row!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:56 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
Has that ever been done before?

BTW all you GB fans ... Jets look pretty good today.

First time I ever witnessed a team 13 - 3 decide to rebuild the team. Way to look towards the future! The last time this was done was in 2003.

Thanks for the heads up Big Mike. Vikings' fans are so proud of beating the Packers they gave Childress the game ball. :D For what? For letting a player talk him out of a coaching decision and making him go for it on fourth down when he should have punted?? Sheesh. That guy is a goof as a head coach.

But what the hell am I saying when we're sitting here at 4-5. The Packers clearly have missed the veteran leadership these last two weeks as Rodgers has definitely gotten rattled in Tennessee and Minnesota. The offensive line is not performing well, but Favre always knew where he was going BEFORE the pressure came. Sometimes that meant he threw into double coverage, but he didn't take these costly sacks like Rodgers is doing. Rodgers holds onto the ball way too long and his decision making has cost them wins these last two games.

Every NFL game is tightly contested in this parity-filled league and it's obvious that the QB is more important than ever before. The Packers made the right long-term decision to stick with Rodgers, but there is no doubt they'd be better than 4-5 with Favre at the controls this year. This is a good enough team to win the NFC North, but so is Minnesota and so is Chicago. It should be a wild fight to the finish, but I'm afraid the Packers' long-term plan is going to cost them a playoff spot in 2008.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

2 Safties in a row!

Post by King of Queens » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:56 am

I guess this is a good place to talk about this:

Why are safeties -- one of the rarest defensive scores of all -- only worth 2 fantasy points? Yes, I understand the concept of keeping things "consistent" between real football and fantasy football (the other primary example being all TD's worth 6 points). To me, however, this is a perfect example of faulty defensive scoring rules.

2 sacks = 1 int = 1 FR = 1 safety???

Bottom line: safeties should be worth more. Perhaps 4 points is the right amount.

Greg Ambrosius

2 Safties in a row!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:01 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
I guess this is a good place to talk about this:

Why are safeties -- one of the rarest defensive scores of all -- only worth 2 fantasy points? Yes, I understand the concept of keeping things "consistent" between real football and fantasy football (the other primary example being all TD's worth 6 points). To me, however, this is a perfect example of faulty defensive scoring rules.

2 sacks = 1 int = 1 FR = 1 safety???

Bottom line: safeties should be worth more. Perhaps 4 points is the right amount. Not a bad point, but special teams TDs are very rare too. How much should they be worth? Defensive TDs are rare too. How much should they be worth?

It depends on how much you want defensive stats to be worth in fantasy football. Right now our defense/special teams average between 12 and 7 points per game. We can always add scoring figures to make them more valuable if that's what the masses want. Heck, you can double the points for interceptions, fumble recoveries, sacks, safeties, all the way down the line if that's what the game needs. I guess it's just a matter of preference.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

williamhare

2 Safties in a row!

Post by williamhare » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:30 am

4 for a Safety makes sense.

Would like to see a point awarded for long , non-score, returns i.e. 1 for PR over 30 and 1 for KR over 50. A college team this past week had a 101 yd Kick return........ all the way to opponents 1 yd line.
HMan83

JAHNS5

2 Safties in a row!

Post by JAHNS5 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:15 am

no need to change the stat numbers. they are good the way they are.