91 predictions for the season

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:04 am

I recently had this article posted at www.fantasypros911.com

Some people in the past have called this type of thing, "throwing darts" but I just say, call me Crazy or maybe Walter Mitty!

1. Aaron Rodgers breaks two Packers records by throwing for 4,500 yards and 40 touchdowns.

2. Tom Brady doesn't exceed 32 touchdowns.

3. James Davis rushes for 1,000 yards.

4. Michael Bush does too.

5. Darren McFadden finishes outside the top 30 for fantasy running backs.

6. Ray Rice, the same. He will catch a lot of passes, but will not score more than 3 touchdowns.

7. Tony Romo isn't a top 10 fantasy quarterback.

8. Ben Roethlisberger is. Take a look at the schedule, there's not many scary secondary’s on it.

9. Jeremy Shockey scores 6 touchdowns. He's only scored 3 the past two seasons.

10. Visanthe Shiancoe is a top 8 tight end; Brett Favre loves his tight ends.

11. The Steelers defense isn't a top 5 option.

12. The Chargers defense is.

13. Terrell Owens breaks the Bills single season touchdown reception record with 14. The record is 11.

14. Dwayne Bowe catches 100 passes.

15. Eddie Royal does too.

16. Earl Bennett records over 65 receptions.

17. Bobby Engram does too. He's only done this three times during his 13 year career.

18. Roy Williams isn't a top 30 fantasy receiver.

19. Derrick Mason is.

20. The 49ers win the NFC West.

21. The Saints resurrect the worst to first blessing in the NFC South by winning the division, something the Falcons couldn't do last season.

22. Lenny Melnick doesn't do a podcast for four days.

23. Jerheme Urban produces better stats than teammate, Steve Breaston.

24. Percy Harvin also performs better than his teammate, Bernard Berrian.

25. Mason Crosby leads the league in scoring.

26. Robbie Gould is second.

27. Aaron Maybin records 10 sacks.

28. Shaun Phillips does too.

29. Curtis Lofton finishes with over 120 tackles, en route to a top 20 season as a linebacker in IDP leagues.

30. The state of Missouri records a total of 5 NFL wins this season.

31. Ohio, 15.

32. Jon and Kate disappear.

33. Elvis and Michael reappear.

34. Chad Ochocinco returns to top 10 status.

35. Chris Henry isn't far behind.

36. The Chargers have more wins than the rest of their division combined.

37. Chris Johnson is not a top 10 running back this season.

38. Ryan Grant is.

39. Felix Jones is a top 20 back.

40. Brandon Jacobs is not.

41. Joseph Addai rushes for 1,000 yards. Much like the man in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, he's not dead yet.

42. Ahmad Bradshaw rushes for 1,000 too.

43. Legedu Naanee triples his previous two seasons production by catching 48 passes.

44. Brandon Stokley catches a career high 70 passes. The Broncos might throw 80% of the time.

45. Devin Hester joins Stokley with 70 receptions. He's going to love those deep balls from Jay Cutler.

46. Jermichael Finley is a top 15 tight end. Those Packers are going to score a ton of points.

47. Joe Flacco throws for 3,600 yards and 22 touchdowns. He's very underrated.

48. Mark Clayton is a beneficiary of Flacco's fine season by catching 65 passes for 900 yards and 6 touchdowns.

49. The Giants Steve Smith has a season mirroring Clayton's.

50. Earnest Graham leads the Bucs in rushing touchdowns.

51. Tim Hightower leads the Cardinals.

52. Leon Washington is a top 30 back.

53. Jonathan Stewart is not.

54. Stewart's teammate, Mike Goodson, outproduces him.

55. Jamaal Charles catches 50 passes.

56. Peyton Hillis, does too.

57. Justin Forsett joins them with over 50 receptions as well.

58. Dustin Keller leads the Jets in receptions, yards and touchdown receptions.

59. Demetrius Williams catches 6 touchdown passes. He has a total of 3 in three seasons.

60. Mike Bell rushes for 8 touchdowns.

61. Greg Jones does too.

62. Robert Meachem catches as many touchdowns as Marques Colston.

63. James Jones catches as many as Donald Driver.

64. New Orleans has a top 15 fantasy defense.

65. The Packers, top 10.

66. Jared Cook leads the Titans in receptions.

67. Laurent Robinson exceeds 1,000 yards receiving.

68. Louis Murphy exceeds 900.

69. Joshua Cribbs equals his four year career total by scoring 8 touchdowns.

70. Deon Butler produces a better season than both, Deion Branch and Nate Burleson.

71. Maurice Stovall catches 5 touchdowns. He has one during his three year career.

72. Matthew Stafford exceeds 17 touchdown passes.

73. Brian Westbrook is a still a top 10 back in PPR leagues.

74. Laurence Maroney is an All-Pro....wait, nevermind, that would be crazy.

75. Greg Camarillo leads the Dolphins in receptions, approaching 80 for the season.

76. Jason Campbell throws 20 touchdown passes. His previous high is 13.

77. The Broncos attempt the most passes in the league.

78. The Packers exceed 460 points, a feat a Brett Favre led team never accomplished.

79. The Chiefs’ offense allows 45 more sacks than their opponents.

80. Hollywood releases more garbage. Speaking of garbage, why isn't recycling mandatory in every state?

81. Speaking of recycling, Favre will play with J.P. Losman in the UFL next season. That league will need some drama.

82. Adrian Peterson rushes for 2,000 yards.

83. He also records his first 30 receptions season.

84. Owen Daniels catches 7 touchdowns. He has 5 the past two seasons combined.

85. Ted Ginn Jr. scores 7 touchdowns as well.

86. Knowshon Moreno is the top rookie running back.

87. LaRod Stephens-Howling scores 5 total touchdowns.

88. David Anderson catches 45 passes. His three year career total is 32..

89. Vernon Davis is an All-Pro, wait, refer to #74.

90. Kurt Warner plays all 16 games.

91. Saved the best for last, Calvin Johnson is the #1 fantasy wide receiver.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:13 am

Just thought I'd remind you:

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
87. LaRod Stephens-Howling scores 5 total touchdowns.A DRUNK IS A GUY WHO PCIKS Stephens-Howling, LaRod DAM HENRY DOUGLASS MIGHT OUT POINT HIM RO TIME HIM AT ZERO MAYBE PAT!!!

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:33 am

One prediction.

1. Patrick goes 31-60 in his predictions, and finishes 4th in his main event.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:56 am

I recently had this article posted at www.fantasypros911.com

Some people in the past have called this type of thing, "throwing darts" but I just say, call me Crazy or maybe Walter Mitty!
1. Aaron Rodgers breaks two Packers records by throwing for 4,500 yards and 40 touchdowns.
Rodgers' 4,434 yards was 24 yards shy of Lynn Dickey's single season record. His 30 TD's wasn't even close to Favre's 39.

2. Tom Brady doesn't exceed 32 touchdowns.
This was easy, Brady had never exceeded 28 TD's in any season other than his record breaking one. Sorry, but it was insanity to envision him throwing for 30++++ like many thought.

3. James Davis rushes for 1,000 yards.
Err, I meant Jerome Harrison would approach 1,000. It would've been nice to see Davis remain healthy to see if he could've achieved this mark.

4. Michael Bush does too.
He did lead the Raiders in rushing, but when the coaching staff doesn't have a clue, it should've been expected he wouldn't get to 1,000.

5. Darren McFadden finishes outside the top 30 for fantasy running backs.
Did he even play this year? This was another no-brainer....the guy isn't an NFL runningback. I wonder how many people will buy into his "talent" next season. At WCOFF, these two owners were so excited to get McFadden, I asked them if they would've taken Ryan Grant if he was still available, they acted as if I was from another planet....when will fantasy players actually watch some games, instead of relying on others for their rankings??

6. Ray Rice, the same. He will catch a lot of passes, but will not score more than 3 touchdowns.
Even though I owned Rice on many teams last season, I didn't envision him doing this well in 09. The main reason was most of his production during his rookie year came out of one back sets, usually on passing downs. He showed me a lot, but I'm still not buying into him being a top 5 pick.....still crazy, I guess.

7. Tony Romo isn't a top 10 fantasy quarterback.
It took Week 17 to propel Romo into the top 10. He's definitely a better fantasy QB than NFL one....it's funny, people see great stats and think great player, Romo is far from this. He still makes poor throws and his mechanics breakdown quite often.

8. Ben Roethlisberger is. Take a look at the schedule, there's not many scary secondary’s on it.
Ben was a fringe top 10 QB almost every week of the season. Even though statistically he had his best season, I actually expected more from him, but a top 10 finish is pretty good, considering he was consistently drafted as a backup.

9. Jeremy Shockey scores 6 touchdowns. He's only scored 3 the past two seasons.
This was looking good when Shockey scored 2 TD's the first game, but he didn't score again until Week 6 and that was it.

10. Visanthe Shiancoe is a top 8 tight end; Brett Favre loves his tight ends.
Finished as the #9 TE, not to shabby. I actually expected him to finish with more receptions than he did, but those 11 TD's made up for the lack of catches.

11. The Steelers defense isn't a top 5 option.
Even with Polamalu, this unit still wouldn't have been top 5. They finished 24th as they rewarded their owners with 7 games scoring 5 points or less.

12. The Chargers defense is.
Not quite a top 5 finish, but they did finish in the top 10. They were near the top 5 most of the season, but barely exceeded 20 total points during the last 5 weeks. I fully expected their sack total to be near the top of the league, not the middle.

13. Terrell Owens breaks the Bills single season touchdown reception record with 14. The record is 11.
I must've been high or sleep deprived when I wrote this; the entire team only had 17 for the season! :eek: I was happy to see T.O. play through such a miserable season without much drama. He's not the person the media and most make him out to be.

14. Dwayne Bowe catches 100 passes.
Considering it was hard to catch a cold from Matt Cassel this season, this prediction was unattainable from the beginning. Watching the Chiefs O made me wonder how Todd Haley ever deemed an offensive genius....guess that's why Charlie "I sucked as the N.D. coach" Weis into town.

15. Eddie Royal does too.
Josh McDaniels, were you hanging with Haley this year?? How does Royal go from catching 91 passes to 37? Couldn't Orton see Royal or was he forced to never look his way? From watching many of the Broncos games, Orton didn't take his eyes off of Marshall....I hope Royal does the 3rd year WR breakout thing next season.

16. Earl Bennett records over 65 receptions.
His 54 receptions was quite the increase his non-existent 2008 showing.

17. Bobby Engram does too. He's only done this three times during his 13 year career.
What was I thinking predicting anything from K.C.?? I actually thought Bobby Wade had a chance at 65 when he signed, but again, the Scott Mitchellesque signing of Matt Cassel killed any value...sorry, but he didn't start a single game for over half a decade for a reason.

18. Roy Williams isn't a top 30 fantasy receiver.
Another no-brainer, if you've watched him play before. I've never understood the allure with Williams.

19. Derrick Mason is.
Mason actually finished in the top 20. Like a fine wine from Perry Van Hook, Mason is.

20. The 49ers win the NFC West.
Eliminate the defeat by the Vikings on the last play of the game and one of their other close losses and their playing in the playoffs instead of the Cardinals, whom they beat both times this season. I guess good teams would've found a way to win one or two of those close games, the 49ers obviously aren't good....yet.

21. The Saints resurrect the worst to first blessing in the NFC South by winning the division, something the Falcons couldn't do last season.
If not for the 08 Falcons, since the divisions inception, the worst team in the NFC South would've finished as the best team the following season....get excited Tampa Bay Bucs fans.

22. Lenny Melnick doesn't do a podcast for four days.
I'm guessing most fantasy football players are unaware of Lenny, for those who "know" him, the no podcast for four days is comical.

23. Jerheme Urban produces better stats than teammate, Steve Breaston.
Eh, gotta go for the white receiver every once in a while. Urban was given a chance early in the season, but the case of the dropsies relegated him to bench duty.

24. Percy Harvin also performs better than his teammate, Bernard Berrian.
5 more receptions, 172 more yards and 2 more receiving touchdowns...add in the 135 rushing yards and two return TD's. Harvin is a playmaking stud.

25. Mason Crosby leads the league in scoring.
He actually had a chance, considering the Packers were the league's 3rd highest scoring team. He finished 4th, 17 points behind leader Nate Kaeding....Kaeding made 32/35 FG's, Crosby made 27/36.

26. Robbie Gould is second.
Amazingly, Gould scored 14 more points last season. I really thought Cutler would give him more chances.

27. Aaron Maybin records 10 sacks.
I meant the other rookies, Brian Orakpo and Clay Matthews. Maybin showed he was BEYOND green this year.

28. Shaun Phillips does too.
What a disappointment. He actually led the Chargers with 7, but I expected more.

29. Curtis Lofton finishes with over 120 tackles, en route to a top 20 season as a linebacker in IDP leagues.
Lofton recorded 133 tackles. He did finish as a top 20 performer, but other than the tackles, he didn't offer anything else for fantasy.

30. The state of Missouri records a total of 5 NFL wins this season.
4 for the Chiefs, 1 for the Rams. I still laugh at the prognostications for the Chiefs...if I remember correctly, Sports Illustrated had them going 8-8 and a few had them as a borderline playoff team.

31. Ohio, 15.
10 for the Bengals, 5 for the Browns. I could've made some big bucks from this before the season.

32. Jon and Kate disappear.
They're pretty much gone, aren't they?

33. Elvis and Michael reappear.
From seeing that Sirius commercial 1,000's of times, I found myself walking around say, "Uh huh, I'm all shook up!" ELVIS IS BACK!!!

34. Chad Ochocinco returns to top 10 status.
Pretty darn close, finished in the top 15. If Carson Palmer didn't forget how to be an elite QB, Ocho would've easily been a top 10 WR.

36. The Chargers have more wins than the rest of their division combined.
Who knew the other teams would win some games? I expected 12-14 wins from the Bolts, but the rest of the West teams, well they surprised with a few more wins than expected.

37. Chris Johnson is not a top 10 running back this season.
I was drinking with Lendale White when I predicted this. I expected the thinned down/non-Tequila drinking White to still have value. It was almost as if he did something to Jeff Fisher.....he didn't even see the field in blowouts. Maybe he was Fisher's drinking buddy and Jeff was upset about the sobriety. :D

38. Ryan Grant is.
Finished as the 10th best fantasy back in NFFC scoring. Guess how many backs have as many rushing yards as Grant the past 3 season? The number will blow your mind.

39. Felix Jones is a top 20 back.
Jason Garrett is an inept offensive coordinator. If he gave Felix 15 carries a game, he would be a top 20 producer. I'm guessing he breaks out, ala DeAngelo Williams next season.

40. Brandon Jacobs is not.
Wasn't a top 20 back this season and will never be one again. He's done, that running style isn't conducive for anyone.

41. Joseph Addai rushes for 1,000 yards. Much like the man in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, he's not dead yet.
828 rushing yards.....not quite the predicted 1,000, but the gist of the prediction was accurate....Addai was a top 10 RB.

42. Ahmad Bradshaw rushes for 1,000 too.
778 yards was actually an accomplishment considering he played with a stress fracture in each foot. Matt Ryan, take a cue from this guy.

43. Legedu Naanee triples his previous two seasons production by catching 48 passes.
Well, I was half-way correct, he caught 24. Believe it or not, only two Chargers caught more than 48 passes.

44. Brandon Stokley catches a career high 70 passes. The Broncos might throw 80% of the time.
They did throw it a lot, but this Brandon had the wrong last name. Stokley only caught 19 the entire season. I'm sure Bengals fans will never forget the one from the first game of the season.

45. Devin Hester joins Stokley with 70 receptions. He's going to love those deep balls from Jay Cutler.
Had he not missed 3 games, Hester's 57 receptions could've easily been over 70....but where were those deep balls?

46. Jermichael Finley is a top 15 tight end. Those Packers are going to score a ton of points.
Even with 4 games missed, Finley was still at top 15 TE. He was actually a top 5 producer once he returned from his injury. Next year, he'll be a top 5 TE for the entire season.

47. Joe Flacco throws for 3,600 yards and 22 touchdowns. He's very underrated.
Pretty accurate here, 3,613 yards and 22 TD's.....yes, I'm counting the Mason drop from week 16 as a TD!

48. Mark Clayton is a beneficiary of Flacco's fine season by catching 65 passes for 900 yards and 6 touchdowns.
What a freaking tease; he opens the season with 7 receptions for 77 yards and TD, only to take another 3 months to record another 7 reception game. His production was basically half of what I predicted.

49. The Giants Steve Smith has a season mirroring Clayton's.
Well I assumed Smith would have a fine season, but not 107 receptions. He was a PPR beast his year.

50. Earnest Graham leads the Bucs in rushing touchdowns.
The Bucs only had 5 rushing TD's, 4 by Caddy. This prediction was more of a knock against Derrick Ward than it was in favor of Graham. I gotta give props to Caddy. How amazing was it to see him play all 16 games after his injuries/surgeries, especially when you see the way he runs. Give him the comeback player of the year, he and a few others were more deserving.

51. Tim Hightower leads the Cardinals.
Hightower 8, Wells 7.

52. Leon Washington is a top 30 back.
Even if he played all season, his lack of TD's would've kept him from being a top 30 back. He's so talented, I wish he was truly given a chance.

53. Jonathan Stewart is not.
What a beast, I fully expected the Achilles to greatly hinder his production. Stewart has 10 rushing TD's for consecutive seasons. He won't last long in the NFL, but while he's here, let's enjoy his running style.

54. Stewart's teammate, Mike Goodson, outproduces him.
No comment. Next.

55. Jamaal Charles catches 50 passes.
This should've been a lock. He did catch 40, but how he doesn't have at least 3 receptions each game is beyond me. He had 8 games with 2 receptions or less. :confused:

56. Peyton Hillis, does too.
Ignore anything I ever say about the Broncos.

57. Justin Forsett joins them with over 50 receptions as well.
Like Charles, how come Forsett didn't play more than he did. He did catch 41 passes, but this was done with 10 games of 2 catches or less. Why can't these "smaller" backs get more of a chance in the league?

58. Dustin Keller leads the Jets in receptions, yards and touchdown receptions.
Not even close to the season, I, and many others expected, especially with a rookie QB. Did finish 2nd in receptions, but 45 isn't "anything." Surprisingly, Braylon led the team in TD's.

59. Demetrius Williams catches 6 touchdown passes. He has a total of 3 in three seasons.
1 TD, not even close. I'm not sure why he didn't get more of a chance this season...he's more explosive than the rest of that WR corps.

60. Mike Bell rushes for 8 touchdowns.
He did score 5 and quite frankly, I'm surprised he didn't get to 8. The injury hurt, but still.

61. Greg Jones does too.
Like I said, Greg Jones would have 4 rushing attempts.

62. Robert Meachem catches as many touchdowns as Marques Colston.
Both caught 9. Much like the Ohio teams winning 15 games, I could've won a lot of dinero with this type of prediction before the season. Just goes to show the learning curve of some players in the league, especially one playing in a complex offense.

63. James Jones catches as many as Donald Driver.
This one surprised me, Driver only beat Jones by one...6 to 5. Althoug, I think Driver is drinking the same juice as Dick Clark!

64. New Orleans has a top 15 fantasy defense.
I didn't give them enough credit.......#1 Fantasy Defense....thank you Greg Williams.

65. The Packers, top 10.
#3 Fantasy D. Amazing what a new scheme/coordinator can do for a team....and like the Saints, they had a few key injuries, yet they kept performing.

66. Jared Cook leads the Titans in receptions.
Wishful thinking on my part. Cook could be a stud, but I really shouldn't have counted on a rookie TE to excel. Maybe next season.

67. Laurent Robinson exceeds 1,000 yards receiving.
This one probably hurt the most. I drafted Robinson in practically all of my leagues, nearly 20. I contend he would've greatly exceeded this had he not been injured. He would've been a Austin/Rice type WR this year....but he has definitely shown he's fragile. Brandon Gibson, Donnie Avery and Robinson could be a nice trio for whomever the new QB is in St. Louis.

68. Louis Murphy exceeds 900.
521 yards, not even close. Like Robinson, this one also hurt. I guess I was crazy to expect a Raiders WR to do anything. He did show his talent by averaging 15.3 ypc for 4 TD's. If they get a QB, he's going to be pretty good.

69. Joshua Cribbs equals his four year career total by scoring 8 touchdowns.
He came close with 6. If Mangini and the staff had given him a chance earlier in the season, he could've scored 10++. Did anyone see the pathetic contract they offered him? I don't blame him at all for exiting the doom and gloom of Cleveland.

70. Deon Butler produces a better season than both, Deion Branch and Nate Burleson.
More wishful thinking. He did outperform Obomanu. I'm still a fan of Butler's talent, maybe he gets a chance with the Pete Carroll.

71. Maurice Stovall catches 5 touchdowns. He has one during his three year career.
Guess it was the ND fan in me wanting this one. I still think he has some talent, but he's probably going to be nothing more than a special teams standout, which is actually an accomplishment in itself, considering he's 6'5" 220 pounds.

72. Matthew Stafford exceeds 17 touchdown passes.
Only 13 for the rook, but it was in only 10 games. He's going to be really, really good, once he learns the position. Watching him return against the Browns to win the game makes him a player I want on my team.

73. Brian Westbrook is a still a top 10 back in PPR leagues.
Thankfully I didn't buy into THIS rhetoric. Man, he didn't even play in the playoff game. Did they pay him for this season??

74. Laurence Maroney is an All-Pro....wait, nevermind, that would be crazy.
He did score 9 TD's this season and if fantasy owners knew when to play him, he was serviceable. It still amazes me that Marion Barber left college a year early because of the Maroney bum....hmmm....wonder what Eddie G thinks of this? :D

75. Greg Camarillo leads the Dolphins in receptions, approaching 80 for the season.
Picked the wrong WR, Davone Bess was the one to approach 80, with 76. I was actually surprised to see Camarillo caught 50 for the season.

76. Jason Campbell throws 20 touchdown passes. His previous high is 13.
Exactly 20 for Campbell. I wouldn't go as far as Clinton Portis, but I will say, someone needs to ignite a flame in J.C. He could be a decent NFL QB.

77. The Broncos attempt the most passes in the league.
It's a Broncos prediction, you know I didn't even come close to being correct. They finished 9th in the league with 558, 51 less than the league leading Seahawks.

78. The Packers exceed 460 points, a feat a Brett Favre led team never accomplished.
They broke the team record of 456 by scoring 461. Gotta love that Rodgers fella. :cool:

79. The Chiefs’ offense allows 45 more sacks than their opponents.
They allowed 45 sacks, but recorded 23 as a team....not even close to what I expected.

80. Hollywood releases more garbage. Speaking of garbage, why isn't recycling mandatory in every state?
Still a ton of garbage. Very rarely do I see a preview on TV that gets me excited to see a movie. Heck, I've been watching foreign films to replace the crap we get here....."our" filmmakers are beyond predictable.

81. Speaking of recycling, Favre will play with J.P. Losman in the UFL next season. That league will need some drama.
I never watched a game, did anyone? I had no idea when the games were televised. Losman actually led his team to the championship. Some blast from the past names played in the championship game: Michael Pittman, Marcel Shipp
Sammie Parker, Tatum Bell and for the Oklahoma fans, Teddy Lehman.

82. Adrian Peterson rushes for 2,000 yards.
Um, not even close, 600++ yards shy. He only averaged 86 yards a game, after averaging 110 last season. What happened to all those long runs we were accustomed to? Even with the "down" season, I'd still love to have him next year....those 18 TD's are nice.

83. He also records his first 30 receptions season.
His 43 receptions were 3 more than his first two seasons combined. He should've caught more than 43, if only he didn't try to run before he caught the ball.

84. Owen Daniels catches 7 touchdowns. He has 5 the past two seasons combined.
He was well on his way to easily exceeding this and possibly finishing the season as the #1 fantasy TE. He had 5 TD's in less than 8 games.

85. Ted Ginn Jr. scores 7 touchdowns as well. 1 TD, 38 receptions. I think Henne is going to be a good NFL QB, but I would have a hard time drafting Ginn in the 25th round of DC leagues. Go run track, Mr Ginn.

86. Knowshon Moreno is the top rookie running back.
Moreno edged Beanie Wells by a small margin. Moreno didn't look like the same back he was at Georgia. He's not going to have the career I envisioned, meanwhile, Wells looks like a beast, provided he stays motivated/keeps his head on straight and stays healthy.

87. LaRod Stephens-Howling scores 5 total touchdowns.
This one was strictly for my buddy, Don....right Glenn? He scored two and could've had another, had he caught the ball. He could be a nice lil Darren Sproles type player for the Cardinals next season.

88. David Anderson catches 45 passes. His three year career total is 32.
He caught 38. I figured once Daniels was out, it would allow him to catch at least 45, but alas, I was wrong.

89. Vernon Davis is an All-Pro, wait, refer to #74.
No, seriously, I meant this one...I knew Davis would be an All-Pro. Man, gotta love getting off the bandwagon at just the right time. I'm very happy for Vernon. It goes to show what tough love can do for someone. If Singletary wasn't the coach, I doubt Vernon realizes his potential.

90. Kurt Warner plays all 16 games.
He almost made, starting 15. Boy, Matt Leinart stinks. I never was a fan and will never be......like many USC players, he is/was very overrated.

91. Saved the best for last, Calvin Johnson is the #1 fantasy wide receiver.
Actually this one hurt the most. I absolutely love Calvin and his talent, but the injuries(AGAIN) and lack of practice time with Stafford killed any chance he had. It's amazing he still finished as a top 25 WR, considering he missed 2 games and was limited in many others. I'm still going to "overdraft" him next season. It eventually paid off with DeAngelo Williams and will with Calvin....kinda like my love for Felix Jones will pay off next year!

For anyone who actually reads this, what do you think? Some were crazy, but many were very accurate.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:23 am

A few clunkers (Chris Johnson)...but overall very very nice! Remind me to pay more attention to your list in 2010!
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:05 am

C.J. was quite the clunker. I'm guessing most were amazed at his season this year, if not, he would've been drafted in the top 3. I know a few people who thought he could be #1, but not many. Like I said, the predictions were meant to be somewhat "crazy" the C.J. one was one of the worst.

Thanks for reading and the props. I feel like I can prognosticate very well; the thing is actually putting it to use in all my leagues.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:50 am

C.J. was quite the clunker. I'm guessing most were amazed at his season this year, if not, he would've been drafted in the top 3. I know a few people who thought he could be #1, but not many. Like I said, the predictions were meant to be somewhat "crazy" the C.J. one was one of the worst.

Thanks for reading and the props. I feel like I can prognosticate very well; the thing is actually putting it to use in all my leagues. Nice list here, Patrick. You did well on a lot of these -- I especially liked the Missouri and Ohio predictions. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

In the ARI/TEN tilt earlier this year, LaRod Stephens-Howling almost single-handedly won the game for the Cardinals. I agree with you: he's one to watch.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:42 am

I'm guessing most were amazed at his season this year, if not, he would've been drafted in the top 3.
I had him ranked fourth among RBs and I really wanted to rank him higher but I did think White would vulture some TDs. Obviously, no one saw 2,000 yards coming but if you'll recall I was very outspoken about how far he was falling in drafts and how insane that was in my opinion. No way that guy should have fallen outside of the Top 5 in any draft. No way. :D

Great job with the list. It's always fun to go back to these types of things and see what went right and what went wrong.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:24 pm

damm patrick , dont you work ?

good job...fun reading
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:24 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
damm patrick , dont you work ?

good job...fun reading I'm currently enjoying the most rewarding job I've had, I get to stay at home with my children everyday. :cool:

I lost my job over a year ago, due to our company being purchased and downsized. This coincided with my wife becoming pregnant with our 4th child. I'm guessing you are aware of the cost of child care; it's been better for me to stay home with the kids while she continues delivering babies everyday.

Thankfully she has a great job that allows me to stay home. I'm in the process of getting my insurance license, once this happens, I have a company that only requires an appearance once a week, so I will still be able to spend a ton of time with the kids, as I make some dinero.

I type over 80wpm, so things like the list and comments do not take much time.