Sproles Teams Look Huge

D-Day Heroes

Sproles Teams Look Huge

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:07 pm

Bet the House , Highest percetage of Fantasy Teams going to the play-offs will have Darren Sproles on thier team.

I have been saying since this kid was running for the wildcats in Kansas , that he wilL be SPECIAL.

Most exciting runner since Barry Sanders , and i have never compared ANYONE to Barry before.

LT , is most likely done for the year , Norv Turner has a man crush on D ' Spark Plug " Sproles.

Missed drafting him by 1 round .

Look for 16 touches out of the backfeild and 10 throws on the short Dump.

Forget all that non-sense about him carrying the load for a full season. Never understood that Small guys dont last theory.

I would worry more about Monsters Like B. Jacobs that rely on Running Over Guys and taking a beaten , over runners that DON'T GET TOUCHED :D

:HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPROLES OWNERS , GETTTING SPROLES AS A FULLTIME BACK IS A GIFT :D
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

kjduke

Sproles Teams Look Huge

Post by kjduke » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:00 pm

LT done for the year ????

I think Sproles could carry the load as well as many feature backs, but the Chargers don't think so - thus LT and/or Bennett will be sharing the load.

Sproles is looking like a nice pick with LT again being fragile and less than studly, but I don't think he's going to be carrying teams to the fantasy playoffs.

BillyWaz

Sproles Teams Look Huge

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:34 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
LT done for the year ????

I think Sproles could carry the load as well as many feature backs, but the Chargers don't think so - thus LT and/or Bennett will be sharing the load.

Sproles is looking like a nice pick with LT again being fragile and less than studly, but I don't think he's going to be carrying teams to the fantasy playoffs. Agreed KJ.

I too must of missed the memo that LT is done for the year! :eek: :rolleyes:

D-Day Heroes

Sproles Teams Look Huge

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:53 pm

Come on Guys , sorry i didn't qualify that as my OPINION.

Sure LT is still playing ( Technically ) , I'm just saying I think all the signs point to Sproles becomming the Franchise back that San Diego payed him to be.

these are the signs i see.

# 1 - Sproles has all the talent to become a BIG TIME RUNNER , ( unfortunatly , He like Michael Turner were stuck behind the greatestr Back of the last decade .

# 2 - I thought LT had plenty of time to heal over the last year and this is not a good sign that he is hobbling already.

# 3 I can't be the only that has caught Norv on camera when he is asked about DS , How his face LIGHTS UP :D

Now you guys of all guys should know ( from your vast experince and excellemce at playing this ganme ;) that you don't wait till everyone sees the obvious , you TRY and see whats comming before everyone dose :cool: else dose
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Raiders

Sproles Teams Look Huge

Post by Raiders » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:25 am

I'm a LT owner on one of my teams.

I'll say this, LT will finish the season strong, Sproles will not.

I do not wish injuries on any player, and I do not have Sproles. If Sproles wins the Overall Championship for someone, I will be OK with that. Just don't see it.

John

da bears

Sproles Teams Look Huge

Post by da bears » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:32 am

What about LT owners that backed him up with Sproles?? ;)

I have LT in three leagues and backed him up with Sproles in 2 of them. Unfortunately he went too early in the other league. :(
Bauler Shot Caller

Raiders

Sproles Teams Look Huge

Post by Raiders » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:27 am

Originally posted by da bears:

I have LT in three leagues and backed him up with Sproles in 2 of them. Unfortunately he went too early in the other league. :( Good luck the next 4 weeks with that combo. I know You are pre-paired, but are the rest of the LT-Sproles or just LT owners. ;)

John

da bears

Sproles Teams Look Huge

Post by da bears » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:41 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:

I have LT in three leagues and backed him up with Sproles in 2 of them. Unfortunately he went too early in the other league. :( Good luck the next 4 weeks with that combo. I know You are pre-paired, but are the rest of the LT-Sproles or just LT owners. ;)

John
[/QUOTE]Yeah no doubt John. :rolleyes: I couldn't resist the urge to take LT in a few leagues this season. If Moss was gone along with Jones-Drew, AP, and Forte I really didn't like most of the other guys in the first round.

Luckily one league is an FFPC league, so Sproles is a pretty decent flex option with the action scoring even with an healthy LT.

[ September 20, 2009, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

BillyWaz

Sproles Teams Look Huge

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:48 am

Let's say LT is done for the year (for sake of argument).

What is Darren Sproles ceiling for TD's...6 or 7?

It is obvious he would not get the ball at the goal line due to his size, so everything he scores will have to come from "semi" long distance.

The other thing is if the Chargers really thought that LT was done (and since they just let the Giants swoop in and take Gartrell Johnson), they would be signing a "bigger" back to handle goalline duties the rest of the year.

While we don't know if Sproles can handle 20 carries a game, unless something has changed, Michael Bennett CANNOT. He will find some way to get injured before week 4.

My guess is when LT returns, they use him a bit less to keep him fresh (still at the goalline), and use a little more of Bennett, while Sproles remains the focus with limited touches.

LT = Cadillac
Sproles = D.Ward
Bennett = Graham

Welcome to Tampa Bay WEST! :eek: :(

[ September 20, 2009, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Raiders

Sproles Teams Look Huge

Post by Raiders » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:09 am

RBBC, another team joins the list. :D