Satellite League Winner?

brad_brown

Satellite League Winner?

Post by brad_brown » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:53 pm

Tom/Greg-

Can we get a clarification on what exactly wins the Satellite Leagues (the $100 league).

We have some that feel it is just whomever has the most points after Week 16 (effectively rendering H2H meaningless during the season).

We also have some that think the H2H matters and then the top 2 teams (or 4?) have a 'Playoffs' like the main draw and the winner of that comes out on top.

Just probably need to spell-out exactly what is needed to win the $100 Satellite Leagues before we get too deep into the season.

Thanks.
Uber Wizdom / Chicago League #3 / Pick #8
Chicago MickeyWhippers / NFFC Mid-Season A / Pick #6

Greg Ambrosius

Satellite League Winner?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:52 am

For the winner take all (free NFFC entry in 2006), it's total points for 16 weeks. In the leagues where we pay three spots, I believe we were doing playoffs. Let me check for sure, but there were two different payout structures for the $100 entry fee leagues and I'm not sure we filled the three payouts one. My understanding is that we're taking top score through 16 weeks for the free 2006 NFFC entry.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

esorob

Satellite League Winner?

Post by esorob » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:37 am

Greg just curious to see if this was right.

In any case, seems like the satellite leagues should be set up in roto fashion rather than H2H in the future.

I think any league starting before the season, main draw or satelitte should be h2h while late drafting satelittes are roto. But thats just me

Greg Ambrosius

Satellite League Winner?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:37 am

Just the $100 Satellite Leagues were total points for a winner-take-all free entry in the 2006 NFFC. It seemed like the best way to do it when we were paying just one winner. You are correct, the standings should show total points over h2h, but we'll still figure out the winner at the end. For the Satellite Leagues where we paid three spots, the h2h and playoffs certainly made the most sense.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

esorob

Satellite League Winner?

Post by esorob » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:01 am

Another silly question. How do you know if your league is paying 3 spots? If your in a Sat league that is H2H?

Greg Ambrosius

Satellite League Winner?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:04 am

Originally posted by Rob June:
Another silly question. How do you know if your league is paying 3 spots? If your in a Sat league that is H2H? ONLY the $100 entry fee leagues were total points leagues. The rest were h2h.