1 PPR for RB

telestar

1 PPR for RB

Post by telestar » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:24 am

Apologies for missing this - as I am sure it was covered earlier in an e-mail announcement or on the message board - but the main rule change in 2011 appears to be that RBS will be awarded 1 PPR this season in all 12-team formats (along with WR and TE), whle they will earn 0.5 PPR in 14-teamers (while WR and TE still accumulate 1 PPR). :confused:
First, I just would like to confirm I'm right about this (I have gotten these things wrong before!) - and second, I was wondering why the rule change was made in terms of why it was dependent on the number of teams per league. I'm not particularly for or against this rule shift - but I am interested in understanding the change.
Also, has this been widely publicized - I certainly would not be surprised that I missed it if so? If not, I'd suggest making it clearer for all potential players as it certainly will affect each owner's strategy and preparation.
:cool: Thanks in advance!

Tom Kessenich

1 PPR for RB

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:02 am

Yes, all 12-team leagues now feature 1 point per reception for RBs. There were several reasons for the switch, chief among them being most 12-team leagues now are playing with a full PPR for RBs. Since so many fantasy players are using that format we thought it made sense for us to adopt it as well. We kept the Classic at .5 per reception because we wanted to maintain difference between the two events, thereby making them both equally challenging but not exactly the same.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

telestar

1 PPR for RB

Post by telestar » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks, Tom - I appreciate the explanation. At least I know I got this right!
Best wishes.