Some Suggestions Pleae , Direct TV

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:37 pm

Hey guys , I'm moving at the end of this month , and it seems i will have availabe to me for the first time , the ability to set up a dish with a SW exposure.
I have been running on Road Runner Cable for ever but they do not have the NFL ticket .

Any suggestions on the best sports package availabe?

It seems i have a choice between Direct Tv w/ the Nfl Ticket or Dish Network with the Red Zone , are there others ? if not whats the advantages and disadvantages with these two and which do you think is best ?

Thanks
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Roger

Post by Roger » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:01 am

Depends on what you want and how much you are willing to spend. The advantage to Sunday ticket is that you can get whatever Sunday game you want. If you order their Superfan package, you can get the games on your computer and iphone. They also have a great "shortcut" feature. As of midnite Sun nite, they have 30 minute replays of every game. When you cut out the huddles & commercials, they can reduce the games down to 30 minutes.

The problem with Sunday ticket is cost is that they are getting too expensive. It will run around $300 per year. As much as I loved Sunday Ticket, I couldn't swallow the cost any more and had to switch to Comcast.

I believe that Directv is running a special where if you are a new Directv customer and you are purchasing Sunday ticket, they offer 6 months of free programming. Thus, Sunday ticket may be cheap for you this year, but remember that it will cost around $300+ if you decide to renew for next year.

I would call the Redzone Channel "Sunday ticket lite." It is one channel. Kind of like CBS during the NCAA tournament, they will go back and forth and show any team threatening to score. They do a great job. But it is only 1 channel. If you are a New Orleans Saints fan living in Pittsburgh, you are only going to see a portion of the Saints game, while watching a number of games that you have less interest in.

On Comcast, the Redzone Channel costs an additional $7.95 per month. I assume that this would be similar or less on the Dish Network.

Ultimately, it depends on your budget and your needs. If you want to see an entire game of a team outside your market or you are addicted to the extra features and you can afford the eventual cost, Sunday Ticket on Directv is for you.

In my case, I simply enjoy watching the teams about to score. Also, NFL.com has a replay package where I can re-watch any game. I have this subcription for $39.95 per year. So the RedZone channel works for me at the moment.

Hope that this is of some help.

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:13 am

TIB. GREAT STUFF , THANKS FOR ALL THAT INFO.
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower