Monday Set Lineups Allows Later Decisions

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:23 am

We have an enhancement to our Set Lineup feature on Monday that hopefully will allow owners more time to make those weekly critical suggestions. In the rules we state that lineups lock at 6:55 pm ET on Mondays, but starting this week and going forward we will lock players five minutes before their scheduled start on Monday. This means that if some of your players are playing on the West Coast you'll have an additional two hours to make decisions on whether to start them or not before the lineups lock.

So this will now be a staggered starting lineup feature on Mondays. Your starters will lock before their games start and you'll have extra time to make decisions on late starts or guys not playing right away. Hopefully this is a feature that helps everyone each Monday.

Tom will send out an email now to everyone about this change and update the rules page. Good luck all and enjoy the extra time on Mondays.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Heels

Post by Heels » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:37 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
We have an enhancement to our Set Lineup feature on Monday that hopefully will allow owners more time to make those weekly critical suggestions. In the rules we state that lineups lock at 6:55 pm ET on Mondays, but starting this week and going forward we will lock players five minutes before their scheduled start on Monday. This means that if some of your players are playing on the West Coast you'll have an additional two hours to make decisions on whether to start them or not before the lineups lock.

So this will now be a staggered starting lineup feature on Mondays. Your starters will lock before their games start and you'll have extra time to make decisions on late starts or guys not playing right away. Hopefully this is a feature that helps everyone each Monday.

Tom will send out an email now to everyone about this change and update the rules page. Good luck all and enjoy the extra time on Mondays. Thanks for doing this, I got screwed over by this for this week b/c I was unable to get Jeff Green out of my lineup at 8pm eastern time Monday (before his game). To add insult to injury I was trying to swap him out for Wesley Matthews.

richtree

Post by richtree » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:00 am

what if they don't have a game on monday?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:18 am

Originally posted by richtree:
what if they don't have a game on monday? Lineups will lock after the final game on Monday. It will be like our NFBC setup where the lineups are locked after the final baseball game on Monday.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Milkman Dead

Post by Milkman Dead » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:22 am

Thanks for this addition/change, but I'm still waiting to hear a response regarding the FG% and FT% decimal places being rolled out. To me this is a far greater issue and it needs to be addressed.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:53 am

Eric, I was told the standings will reflect that. If that isn't the case please email me with examples and I'll forward that to our programmers. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Milkman Dead

Post by Milkman Dead » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:22 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Eric, I was told the standings will reflect that. If that isn't the case please email me with examples and I'll forward that to our programmers. Thanks. okay, here is an example from the current Super league standings, where 16K is at stake:

Field Goal Percentage
Team Season Pts
EM 02 HOF 0.475 11.5
King of Queens 0.475 11.5
Fast Money 0.472 10
Red's Revenge 0.467 9
Heels 0.466 7.5
coldwater coyotes 0.466 7.5

Can you see the problem? Just in the top half of the FG% standings there are TWO ties. Are we supposed to believe that both EM 02 HOF and King of Queens are exactly tied at exactly .475%, or that Heels and Coyotes are both at exactly .466%?

I don't think that's the case. The chances of that are like .00000001%, or if the way fanball is showing the data that would read 0.00%.

The way the standings SHOULD look is something like this:
Team Season Pts
EM 02 HOF 0.47548 12
King of Queens 0.47499 11
Fast Money 0.47203 10
Red's Revenge 0.46778 9
Heels 0.46632 8
coldwater coyotes 0.46558 7

I just pulled those numbers out of thin air since I don't have the actual data, but the point is that there shouldn't be any ties when it comes to FG% and FT%, because all you have to do is roll the data back a couple more decimal places and you'll see that one team is always ahead of the other.

Please confirm that you understand my point, or else I'll try to explain again in further detail.

Thanks

[ November 19, 2010, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Evil E ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:45 am

I understand Eric. Thanks. I've contacted our programmers to ask about this.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich