FANTASY BASKETBALL NFBBC 2011-12

COZ

Post by COZ » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Well, since there is not going to be an NFBBC, I thought I would gauge the interest of participating in a HSF Basketball League just for this year. We would set it up on our own until STATS resumes the league next year. Here are my thoughts, we would run a league with the EXACT same rules as the NFBBC last year. Snake Draft, 12 team league, 8 category Rotisserie scoring, 4 G's, 4 F's, 2 C's, 2 Flex, 1,000 FAAB Budget (if possible on CBS). Run it on CBSSportsline. $750.00 entry fee (same as last year) or more if interest warrants (possibly $1500.00?). Draft date Fri. Dec. 23 at 8:00 EST (or earlier that week depending on feedback). While I'm leary of running a league given the hassle factor, I am desperate for a solid, high stakes basketball league. I'm interested in any feedback or possible interest. Was thinking of a payout of $5,000 for 1st place, $2,500 for 2nd place, & 1,500 for 3rd place. I would hold the money in a client trust account (just need to double check to make sure that would be allowed) or open a separate account to hold the money. As a practicing lawyer (and former Assistant State's Attorney) I am bound by a code of ethics & subject to discipline if there is any questions about my character or the mishandling of funds just in case there would be any payment questions or questions regarding myself. Anyone interested? Please reply or email me at [email protected]. Thanks.
COZ

stool pigeon

Post by stool pigeon » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:00 am

I would have interest in the league. For me a small sat league just doesn't cut it. I'd be on board for a 750 draft. Please don't take this wrong way coz, but I'm Not giving that kind of money to a stranger to hold. Maybe Greg and Tom would do us a solid and hold the funds, if they are allowed to? It would be a good faith effort on their part that the people in this league would/did sign up for their h.s. b ball in the past. Again, nothing against you, just not comfortable giving that kind of money to someone I don't know.
kaw f'ing kaw

COZ

Post by COZ » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:54 am

Totally understand. And I would actually prefer if someone else that we all trust would hold the money so that everyone is comfortable with that aspect. I am all for Greg & Tom escrowing the $ if they would do that, otherwise maybe we could use this leaguesafe.com. I am not too familiar with it, but I am open to all suggestions so everyone is comfortable with the money situation.
COZ