Conditional bid bug?

Sandman62

Conditional bid bug?

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:52 am

I have a bid in on a player, as well as a conditional bid under him. When I try to add another conditional bid, after it allows me to select the player and the player I wish to drop, when I press the Submit button, instead of adding the new cond'l bid, it takes me to the Most Added/Dropped page.

Anyone else get this behavior?

Also, a general question about bids: if I am looking to pickup one of 2 players and wish to drop the same player no matter which one I get, do I do a conditional bid or just 2 normal bids and the process starts with whichever one I bid highest on? I am thinking that the conditional bid is meant more for when I want to avoid getting two players awarded to me (which would require me specifying to drop TWO different players?).

Examples:

1. If I want to pickup EITHER player A OR B and would like to drop player C if I can get ONE of these... conditional or just 2 regular bids? (I would think just 2 reg. bids.)

2. If I want to pickup EITHER player A, for which I want to drop B... OR... player C, for which I want to drop D... conditional or 2 reg. bids? (I would think this to be where I'd use a conditional bid.)

Thank you,
Mike

[ September 09, 2008, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Sandman62

Conditional bid bug?

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:53 am

Update: even when I only have ONE bid and try to add a conditional bid, it still goes to the Most Added/Dropped page. Huh?

Sack

Conditional bid bug?

Post by Sack » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:41 pm

I brought this problem to there attention last week. If they don't fix this, it will take at least 5 clicks + to make a bid on any one player.

My guess is when enough people complain, something will get done. They steamlined the NFBC faab bids to make it fast and easy - I'm sure they will get around to it when we all start complaining.

With multiple teams, the FAAB process will be a nightmare. At least it will make life tough for Mr 14-0 ........ KJ DUKE. Serves him good for playing that many teams. ;)

[ September 09, 2008, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Sack ]

kennorred

Conditional bid bug?

Post by kennorred » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:12 am

hey greg. ILl have to agree with my buddy Sack on this one, lets see if you can get stats to streamline the bidding process. any help on this matter will be appreciated. probably not a problem for most but for guys who do a lot of leagues every little bit helps.

Greg Ambrosius

Conditional bid bug?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:31 am

Originally posted by kln:
hey greg. ILl have to agree with my buddy Sack on this one, lets see if you can get stats to streamline the bidding process. any help on this matter will be appreciated. probably not a problem for most but for guys who do a lot of leagues every little bit helps. Yup, we're on this. STATS is going to convert the FAAB process to what we have in baseball and that will be done before Week 3 at the latest. I agree with all that every second saved in this matter is important to our participants and we're going to convert that over to the easier format now. I honestly just assumed that after we did that in baseball that we'd have that same format in football. I guess you should never ASS-U-ME, right? :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sandman62

Conditional bid bug?

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:50 am

But in what I'm trying to do, this isn't just a matter of a few nuisance extra clicks. Rather, I actually CANNOT place a conditional bid???

It just keeps taking me to this screen after I go through all the conditional stuff:
http://game.fantasyfootballchampionship ... vid=672218

Tom Kessenich

Conditional bid bug?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:54 am

Is that the error message you're getting? Let me know and I'll send this to STATS.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Conditional bid bug?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:13 am

Sandman, can you tell me your name and what league you're having problems in? Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Captain Hook

Conditional bid bug?

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:37 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
But in what I'm trying to do, this isn't just a matter of a few nuisance extra clicks. Rather, I actually CANNOT place a conditional bid???

It just keeps taking me to this screen after I go through all the conditional stuff:
http://game.fantasyfootballchampionship ... vid=672218 It takes you to a page to CONFIRM the pick, drop and amount....Once you submit THAT, and go back to the Free Agent page you will see that pick added as a conditional pick.

It is working fine.....BUT it is a ridiculous way to do the conditional picks - Tom/Greg is there a way that STATS can handle it more like they do for the NFBC? Much easier system to use.

Tom Kessenich

Conditional bid bug?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:38 am

Perry, they are working to change the system so it is like our NFBC setup. I expect that will be done soon.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich