Week 3 stat changed 2 AM this morning?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:41 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
I'm sorry I don't follow you. Chad posted he and the other guy are both getting wins. So if he finishes a game behind me for say, 2nd place, then you will count his win and put him in a tie with me? I understand there is a big picture here with all 300+ teams but I want to know how this personally affects the 12 teams in this league. I will make good for Chad and not affect anyone else in that league even if I have to compute his stats separately in the Championship Game. Nobody loses out.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:42 am

I'm not trying to start trouble here this is my 2nd year and have seen fairness reign. Just disappointed we didn't follow our own rules with the no changes after deadline and the fact that we (owners/investors in NBCCHILEAGUE3) were not informed of this.
Pat Sorge

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:52 am

You know it is sad when Greg has to cover for a mistake by Stats. What I think is even sadder is the rat bastard that uses the lawyer line because he thinks he can push his way around with it. Even sadder, is the double talk that I would bid more money on a player after I see the results of a game. If you thought on Friday he was the next Welker, you would have bid accordingly. Three weeks into the year, the season is far from over.

[ October 01, 2008, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]

danimal10

Post by danimal10 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:53 am

I think that's a damn fine job by Greg on resolving this issue in a fair and balanced manner and that's the sort of customer service and quality assurance I think we have all come to expect from the NFFC.

As a team who was also affected by this issue just wanted to say "good job".

D

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:01 am

Agreed on the last 2 posts, I don't have an attorney on retainer so I guess I would be up the creek in that regard. Thank you for explaining this futher to me Greg. As I said in my post fairness always seems to reign here. Sorry STATS put you in a very bad position.
Pat Sorge

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:18 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
You know it is sad when Greg has to cover for a mistake by Stats. What I think is even sadder is the rat bastard that uses the lawyer line because he thinks he can push his way around with it. Even sadder, is the double talk that I would bid more money on a player after I see the results of a game. If you thought on Friday he was next Welker, you would have bid accordingly. Three weeks into the year, the season is far from over. This irked me also. How is it BUTTER talks to lawyers and threatens legal action before BUTTER talks to Greg is beyond me (is this how he wants people to treat him?).

By the way ... you need a new lawyer. I am not a lawyer and even I know in order to win damages you are required to mitigate your loses (within reason). Had you played with a 2-2 record ... you might have won anyway (no damage) ... if you had quit like you said ... your case for a claim would be gone.

Why does your lawyer not know this?

Ugly
Hakuna Matata!

Samlawyer

Post by Samlawyer » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:45 am

I am a lawyer, and I must admit that all the references to consulting with "my lawyer" rubbed me the wrong way.

As a side note, I lost by .75 in the NFFC (I got clubbed by Mason on Monday night while having Mendenhall and McGahee go M*A*S*H on me). After consulting with my legal counsel (I talk to myself), I have taken the high road and decided not to pursue a personal injury suit against STATS. (I hold STATS utterly responsible for knocking Mendenhall and McGahee out of action . . .) ;)

BTW Ugly, very nice use of the mitigation of damages principle. I can tell you've been watching Boston Legal.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:24 am

Denny Crane

BUTTER

Post by BUTTER » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:57 am

Glad you guys want to slam me. That is fine with me and would love to hangout with you and discuss this more. I have seen this done in other high stakes leagues, this is a big reason the WCOFF has it's NY lawyers (most of the time it is corrected, has a fair resolution...which is what Greg did, or the money refunded). I did not want damages just my money back as there was a rule in place and it was not followed (I was not able to see this stat change on my league till Tue after all week 4 games, the rule said by Thur at 6 PM est). By us being 3-0 affected not only FA but who we played week 4. Sorry if my mind is diff than yours but by being 3-0 we left Holt in, if we were 2-1 and in my opinion desperate we would have benched him with all the Rams probs. Again I am sorry that I make calls based on info like my record but I always have and will. I still would just take my money back and not play as I think if you have a rule you play by it. I do however understand there pos and if they want to try to make all parties in this happy as a business owner I see that as amazing.
Good Luck to all!

BUTTER

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:13 am

No need to slam anyone but us. And by the way Chad, our Brewers are SUCKING today. Good luck all the rest of the way and all Elias changes will continue to be made each Wednesday and Thursday as they come into STATS.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius