LT...finished?

BillyWaz

LT...finished?

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:55 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
ITS FUNNY HOW PEOPLE WANT TO MAKE LIKE THEY ARE EXPERTS ONCE SOMETHING HAPPENS. LIKE LT'S INJURY.

NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE OPENED THEIR MOUTH ABOUT WARNER'S PERFORMANCE LAST YEAR.

EVERYONE HERE (AT LEAST MOST) WOULD HAVE PROJECTED WARNER IS EITHER DONE OR HE IS GOING TO GET HURT AND NEED TO HANDCUFF LEINART.

GUESS WHAT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN BUT HAD IT DID PEOPLE WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL OVER SAYING WARNER IS TOO OLD OR WAS EITHER DONE/INJURY PRONE.

I FIND IT SO FUNNY. before i drafted last year i told my friends that warner was the real deal and steal of the draft. those friends are billywaz and KoQ. they agreed with my position on warner and all three of us loaded up on warner last year.

why would i put that information on the MB before draft day???

this year before the draft, i told billy i didn't want anything to do with LT. having owned LT last year, i watched him closer than most and knew he is a broken down POS.

nothing funny about it. i wish i had more time to invest in football prep work this year. it would have definately helped some of my poor drafts.
[/QUOTE]This is true, as Mark wanted nothing to do with LT. However, Mark also said repeatedly that if you wanted to lose, you will take Steven Jackson
in the first round (I believe you took him in the Classic and $650 DC).

I guess what I am getting at is that "things obviously change" (even at the last moment) when at the draft table.

We all hit and miss on players, but not many ever want to talk about who they completely "miss" on.

As for Warner, I liked him as well. Your opinion did nothing to change mine. ;)

Gordon Gekko II

LT...finished?

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
However, Mark also said repeatedly that if you wanted to lose, you will take Steven Jackson
you got to put the sjax talk in the proper context. YOU were talking about taking him in the TOP 5 picks this year. i said you were crazy. taking him at the end of the 1st was a decent play. taking him over moss, fitz, AJ was insane talk. :D :eek:

[ September 23, 2009, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko II ]

BillyWaz

LT...finished?

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:06 pm

quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
However, Mark also said repeatedly that if you wanted to lose, you will take Steven Jackson
you got to put the sjax talk in the proper context. YOU were talking about taking him in the TOP 5 picks this year. i said you were crazy. taking him at the end of the 1st was a decent play. taking him over moss, fitz, AJ was insane talk. :D :eek:
[/QUOTE]Not in a FULL PPR league. I never would of taken him there in the NFFC, as I took Moss at 6.

I took him at 8 in a full PPR, and you said it was a pick that would "sink my ship"!

Again, minds change DAILY, I'm not faulting you for taking him.

Gordon Gekko II

LT...finished?

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:10 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I took him at 8 in a full PPR, and you said it was a pick that would "sink my ship"!
at least you didn't take LT there ;)

KOTRAX

LT...finished?

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:26 pm

I GUESS PEOPLE ALSO KNEW THAT MARION BARBER WAS BROKE DOWN ALSO SINCE HE WAS HURT LATE LAST YEAR.

Robert Edwards

LT...finished?

Post by Robert Edwards » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:32 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Phat Bustards:
Just how finished is he? I mean, if he were dropped in your league, how much would you bid on him next week? I bid/won Cadillac Williams for $550 last week (a league that drafted very early).

Both Caddy and LT have been hurt the last couple of seasons. LT has proven more in his career but is older. Both will share time but should see the bigger split of RBBC touches for their team when playing. Caddy is healthy for the moment, but LT should be back in another week.

Who would you rather have for the rest of the season, the free agent pickup or the 1st round draft pick?
[/QUOTE]Exactly my point in asking the question. Is LT the undisputed top pick anymore? Not even close. But we would all use most if not all of our FA money on him IF were available today. He still has some in the tank. Especially after one of those mega-monster defensive linemen catches Sproles and abuses his 5'6", 185 lbs frame in the football equivalent of what happened to Ned Beatty in "Deliverence"!
Wayne Edwards

The "other" Wayne

Gordon Gekko II

LT...finished?

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:33 pm

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
I GUESS PEOPLE ALSO KNEW THAT MARION BARBER WAS BROKE DOWN ALSO SINCE HE WAS HURT LATE LAST YEAR. i didn't think that, but i was VERY concerned that there are THREE capable RB's on that team.

i didn't draft LT or Warner or Barber on any teams THIS year.

BillyWaz

LT...finished?

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:38 pm

quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
at least you didn't take LT there ;)
[/QUOTE]I took LT AND S-Jax at 12/13 in the Primetime, and had NUMEROUS people tell me that I got two complete steals at the turn.

Oh well...... we shall see.

kjduke

LT...finished?

Post by kjduke » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:44 pm

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
I GUESS PEOPLE ALSO KNEW THAT MARION BARBER WAS BROKE DOWN ALSO SINCE HE WAS HURT LATE LAST YEAR. Some players are bigger injury risks because of their past, age and/or the way they play. Yes, Marion IS on the list.

* AP
* LT
* Westbrook
* Slaton
* SJackson
* Jacobs
* Barber
* RBrown
* Portis
* Bush
* LJohnson
* Parker
* TJones
* JJones
* Stewart
* JLewis
* FTaylor
* Caddy
* Maroney
* EJames
* LJordan

If you drafted ANY of these guys, there had to be at least a twinge more of injury concern compared to players not on this list.

[ September 23, 2009, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

kjduke

LT...finished?

Post by kjduke » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:48 pm

And in a related topic, better (pre-season) health bets imo:

* MJD
* Forte
* Gore
* DeAngelo
* CJohnson
* Turner
* KSmith