Incentive to keep owners in the game all season

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:57 am

I like the KJ Duke plan and if out maybe hit a week and get a couple hundred.I also think dead teams should get a phone call from Greg or Tom .Just a simple call could work as they dont want to be embarrassed with a 2nd call or a threat of being kicked out.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

jjsegura78

Post by jjsegura78 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:10 am

I agree that this league needs dead money, quitters, etc., just giving options. I actually don't have a prolem with the quitters.
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:28 am

Originally posted by Jive Turkeys:
I agree that this league needs dead money, quitters, etc., just giving options. I actually don't have a prolem with the quitters. Me either.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:30 am

I would venture a guess that less than 20% of the time a team in the bottom half of the league at the half way point would win a weekly prize for high scorer.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:06 pm

THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH THE QUITTERS IS WHEN IT CAN EFFECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE LEAGUE.

ESPECIALLY HOW THE SCHEDULES CAN FALL. NOW IN WEEK 12 IF THE 11TH PLACE TEAM IS A QUITTER AND IS PLAYING THE 14TH PLACE TEAM THEN O.K. NO PROBLEM.

NOW IF THE 11TH PLACE TEAM IS PLAYING THE SECOND PLACE TEAM AND HAS HEALTHY PLAYERS ON THE BENCH AND HAVE QUIT AND LEAVES INJURED ONES IN THEN THAT IS WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES.

ESPECIALLY IF THAT TEAM COULD HAVE BEAT THAT TEAM BUT IN THE FIRST SIX WEEKS THEY PLAYED THEIE BEST LINEUP AND BEAT TEAMS THAT ALTERED THE STANDINGS.

IF YOU WANT TO BE A QUITTER SAY I WANT TO BE 0-13 ON THE SEASON AND GIVE ALL OF MY VICTORIES TO THE TEAMS I BEAT.

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:52 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
NFFC Classic owners put up $1400 per team. Is the lure of a $200 credit enough to motivate people?

Might work, might not. not a chance. most quitters are disgusted with their team because it's pispoor (me included sometimes). they don't even want to look at their $1,400 team. $200 ain't gonna get them to do a damn thing.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:59 pm

NOT EVEN PER WEEK G.G? THE WAY KEVIN'S SUGGESTION IS PRESENTED IT WOULD BE A CRACK AT $200 PER WEEK.

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:03 pm

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
NOT EVEN PER WEEK G.G? THE WAY KEVIN'S SUGGESTION IS PRESENTED IT WOULD BE A CRACK AT $200 PER WEEK. first off, congrats on beating me this week in ffpc. i don't normally look until the following friday, but since we spoke this weekend, you peaked my interest some so i had to look yesterday. jedi mind tricks!

if i bailed on my $1,400 team, it's because it sucked. paying $200 to the top team ain't gonna get me to look at my team any more. it's DOA as far as i'm concerned.

each time that owner looks at his team, it's just another reminder how pitiful your team is. trust me i've been there :D although i've never quit on my team.

renman

Post by renman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:03 am

I think the higher quality fantasy football players feel a sense of obligation to compete to the best of their abilities to contribute to league integrity.

The more I think about it, the $200 starts to make a little sense to me. I think most people in the NFFC would be perfectly happy to win $200 dollars even if it was via a team that struggled all season and was out of the race for the league prizes.

I agree that Tom and Greg could contact such owners. I also have said before that during the announcements in each city this issue should be brought up (would take 45 seconds) to remind people that they are participating in a higher level, professional, premier fantasy event and should do their part to contribute to league competitive integrity even if things go bad for their team.

botherk

Post by botherk » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:20 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
NFFC Classic owners put up $1400 per team. Is the lure of a $200 credit enough to motivate people?

Might work, might not. not a chance. most quitters are disgusted with their team because it's pispoor (me included sometimes). they don't even want to look at their $1,400 team. $200 ain't gonna get them to do a damn thing.
[/QUOTE]:D :D
So true!
When I log in to the NFBC, I'll do it through a team that won the league, not my Main team.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz