Slow Drafts rule

joetreff

Slow Drafts rule

Post by joetreff » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:33 pm

I love slow drafts
Last edited by joetreff on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coltsfan

Re: Slow Draft Etiquette

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Wow

Coltsfan

Re: Slow Draft Etiquette

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:52 pm

joetreff wrote:Let me start

1. It's an 8 hour time limit, yes taking the full 8 hours is bad but you don't know the reason why the person took 8 hours so just keep quiet or ask if they'd like to get a text if they want to post their cell ph#. How can I average 5 seconds per pick in 10 rounds only to get comments when I'm out of the house and my pick takes 4 hours? Just relax, it's 8 hours for a reason.

2. Learn to use auto-pick, if your pick is 2 away and you have 3 clear-cut guys you want then use auto-pick 1 round. Also the regulars need to realize not everyone uses it and you can't use it in every situation. If there are 2 TEs left you want it can affect your pick if 1 gets taken right before you.

(fyi slow drafts are friggin torture in some ways...)

I gotta say this is a first. Isn't it normally those who make somewhat more timely picks calling out those who don't? I"m in this draft with you and I don't remember people calling you out - but I might have missed it.

The biggest thing I hear complaints about is someone in the draft room leaving in the evening without saying something. There are people waiting up to make a pick and then the next thing you know someone leaves right before their pick and others are sitting there wondering if he is coming back or not. That's what seems to get some of the drafters aggrivated.

Slow drafts always go at the pace of the slowest drafter. And they aren't a lot of fun if they take 3 weeks. I'm in one now that is one pace to be finished in less than a week. But people there are auto-picking and watching for their turn.

Wayne

IT8

Re: Slow Drafts rule

Post by IT8 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Yea, I just mostly get frustrated when it's someone's pick and you see them get on during their pick, and they DON'T pick and don't say anything to those waiting for them. Just tell me you're not going to pick (or may not pick) for a few hours. I'll go do something else.

In the end, it's not a big deal. Everyone is playing nice, and I'm having fun. :)
Steve Geisbert

boutrous11

Re: Slow Drafts rule

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:45 pm

i love slow drafts. fantasy football drafts are a blast and if one lasts a long time, i think it's a good thing.