Lineup Submission Thought

Coltsfan

Lineup Submission Thought

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Greg,

I'm not sure if this is even possible but I"m going to make a suggestion. (You could be the first to offer this! :D )

I almost never go to live football games because I'm always so worried about lineup decisions and last minute inactives. Would it be possible to have default players that would be put in your lineup if a player was inactive? For instance, say you had started Stevan Ridley at RB and he is declared inactive 10 minutes before the game. Could you have a backup choice for Ridley in case he was not active for the game? Obviously you couldn't put in a player who had already played but in many cases it would make life a lot easier if we could make these kind of decisions well in advance of Sunday and not get caught having to make a choice in 2 minutes in the event of a late scratch.

I don't think this would be a huge programming issue. It's just a thought but I would bet that fantasy players would really like to have this option.

Wayne

joetreff

Re: Lineup Submission Thought

Post by joetreff » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:28 pm

wow

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:38 pm

Probably won't happen, but I understand what you mean.

I have Falcon season tickets, so often times I miss ALL of the Sunday morning football news, not just the Inactives. I tailgate with my father and son, and don't want to be trying to check things on my phone during that time. Plus, the reception in the Georgia Dome is poor, so once I enter the stadium, I can't get a high speed connection anymore.

I've struggled with this issue, but have decided that spending quality time with my father and son at NFL football games is more important than getting my fantasy lineup fine tuned before kickoff. It's probably cost me in Fantasy, but has paid off in life!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:54 pm

I suggested this years ago Wayne, as I played in a league that offered this. It made it MUCH easier, because you could simply plug in your "questionable" stud, and if he was inactive, you got your bench player's points. Obviously if they were active but didn't even play a snap, you took a zero (but that doesn't happen often).

I'd be all for it!! :D

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Love the idea.

Anything that allows us some flexibility from being chained to the computer every Sunday morning 'til 1pm and then 4pm is a good thing in my book.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:33 pm

Glenneration X wrote:Love the idea.

Anything that allows us some flexibility from being chained to the computer every Sunday morning 'til 1pm and then 4pm is a good thing in my book.

Who are you kidding. Your glued to your computer looking at the Live Scoring every Sunday at 1PM waiting for your RB to get the first carry up the middle for 3 yards so you can look at your team take a commanding 0.3 lead in your head to head match..... :lol:
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:09 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:Love the idea.

Who are you kidding. Your glued to your computer looking at the Live Scoring every Sunday at 1PM waiting for your RB to get the first carry up the middle for 3 yards so you can look at your team take a commanding 0.3 lead in your head to head match..... :lol:
There's sometimes a difference between what I want to be doing on a football Sunday at 1pm and what I actually can do on a football Sunday at 1pm.
Remember, I'm married with children my friend. :)

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:12 pm

:D
Last edited by BillyWaz on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:12 pm

I still think you had the best tagline ever, Glenn.

Something like....

"I set my lineup, then 1:00 comes and I watch and see how much I screwed it up!" :lol:

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:31 pm

BillyWaz wrote:I still think you had the best tagline ever, Glenn.

Something like....

"I set my lineup, then 1:00 comes and I watch and see how much I screwed it up!" :lol:
Yup, it was something like that. Good memory Bud! :)