Follow The SiriusXM/FSTA Industry League On Monday

Greg Ambrosius

Follow The SiriusXM/FSTA Industry League On Monday

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:42 pm

If you'd like to see some early draft results this football off-season, feel free to follow the SiriusXM/FSTA Industry League on Monday night, starting at 7 pm ET. It will be a live draft, but all of the owners will actually enter their picks online as they go so that everyone can follow the results.

Just go to: http://www.rtsports.com/SiriusXM

I have the 3rd pick in this 14-team draft, which is good if you look at the scoring system:

6 points per rushing and receiving TD; -1 per fumble
3 points per passing TD; -1 per interception
PPR for WRs, TEs; half point per reception for RBs
1 bonus point for every 10 yards rushing and receiving
1 bonus point for every 30 yards passing
16 roster spots: Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST

The draft will air live on Sirius 210 XM 87 with commentary from Kyle Elfrink and Jeff Erickson. And all of the picks will also show up on the draft board on the RT Sports site.

Should be fun.

Okay, I know I'm taking a RB with my first round pick: Foster, Rice or McCoy. I could go WR-WR at the turn with the depth at WR or even WR-RB. I doubt that either of the top two TEs make it back to me with this scoring system. What do you think?

Also, let's see if anyone can predict the 14 players going in this scoring format. Do any of the QBs go in the first round under this scoring system? Would you take any of the QBs early at 3 points per passing TD?

Here's the draft order:
1. John Hansen, Fantasy Football Guru (defending champ)
2. Bill Green, Fantasy Dispute
3. Greg Ambrosius, NFFC/STATS LLC
4. Charlie Wiegert, CDM Fantasy Sports
5. Bob Harris, Football Die Hards
6. Paul Charchian, LeagueSafe
7. Ray Flowers, SiriusXM Fantasy Drive
8. Steve Gardner, USA Today Sports Weekly
9. Rick Wolf/Glen Colton, Rotoworld.com
10. Jeff Mans, Fantasy Alarm
11. Keith Lipscomb, ESPN
12. Brett Baker/Tai Ward, Big Game Software
13. Chris Liss, Rotowire.com
14. Ryan Bonini, KFFL.com

I'll also be at AT&T Park on Tuesday night for the Giants game if anyone in the area will be there as well. See ya for a drink before the game. And give me some feedback for Monday's draft. I'll need it. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Re: Follow The SiriusXM/FSTA Industry League On Monday

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:33 am

Giving this a bump for those who want to follow Greg and the action tonight from San Francisco.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Surprised it took so long to click Shady but Good first pick Greg

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:21 pm

First couple of rounds

1.01 Foster
1.02 Rice
1.03 McCoy to Greg
1.04 Calvin
1.05 McFadden
1.06 Ryan Matthews
1.07 Chris Johnson
1.08 Jones-Drew
1.09 Marshawn Lynch
1.10 Fitzgerald
1.11 Andre Johnson
1.12 DeMarco Murray
1.13 Trent Richardson
1.14 Wes Welker

2.01 Greg Jennings
2.02 Victor Cruz
2.03 Gronkowski
2.04 J. Graham
2.05 Cam Newton
2.06 Forte
2.07 Aaron Rodgers
2.08 ADP
2.09 Tom Brady
2.10 Drew Brees
2.11 Steven Jackson
2.12 Roddy White to Greg
2.13 Mike Wallace
2.14 A.J. Green

okay back to baseball for me
Last edited by Captain Hook on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:25 pm

I think McFadden is too risky in the 1st round...
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Looking at things in the seventh round I think Greg and John Hansen both have good teams but I worry about a lack of depth at RB. Greg has DeAngelo Williams as his RB2 and John has Michael Bush. They have great talent elsewhere but that would concern me.

I think Charlie Wiegert might have the most balanced team so far. Bill Green's team looks pretty solid too but I don't like Reggie Wayne as a WR3 this season. This draft is a great example of how little depth there is at RB. If you decide to look elsewhere for a RB2 early, you could be out in the cold trying to get a decent one later - especially in a 14-team format.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:54 pm

Criss Liss has a Rookie problem and should probably see a therapist... I usually like his picks, but hes smoking or drinking tonight... 4/12 rooks
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Remember, this scoring system was 3 points per passing TD, 1/2 point per reception for RBs, so it was somewhat different than NFFC-style drafts. I knew I had a chance to start out RB-WR-WR-WR and I was hoping for a solid RB2 later, but it got mighty tough. From the 3rd spot, here is my team:

QB - Tony Romo
QB - Alex Smith

RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - DeAngelo Williams
RB - Felix Jones
RB - Shane Vereen
RB - Kendall Hunter

WR - Roddy White
WR - Steve Smith
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Lance Moore
WR - David Nelson

TE - Tony Gonzalez
TE - Colby Fleener
K - Dan Bailey
D - Green Bay

Here's the draft board: http://www.rtsports.com/SiriusXM

I probably should have taken Peyton Hillis over DeAngelo Williams and Alex Green over Felix Jones at RB2 and RB3. I'm happy to get Shane Vereen, but I just missed on so many other RBs I wanted. I do think I have four solid WRs, a stud in this format in McCoy, a good QB when healthy in Romo and hopefully one more good year out of Tony Gonzalez. We drafted only 16 rounds, so with all of the bye weeks we'll all be cutting our final picks to juggle starting lineups, so I'm not worried about some of those last picks. It was time for upside or cut 'em during the bye weeks.

As you folks all know, you always leave a 14-team draft with some question marks. I certainly have some, but it kind of played out the way I expected. I just chased that second RB most of the night and probably didn't get a good one. Who knows, maybe Vereen fills the bill.

Thoughts? Check out the draft board and let me know what you think of all the picks, the scoring system and folks like John Hansen's team and Chris Liss' team. Have fun with these results.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:24 am

Good draft Greg. Hard to fault your picks in the spot you were in the draft. Not real sure I like drafting from that spot seeing the results pan out.

I think the mistake came at the Romo pick (hindsight is 20/20) You really needed to secure your RB2 there, somebody you have to start week to week. That's more important than the potential upside of a QB in a watered down scoring system like this one. McGahee, Redman or whoever you like there, just get a back that will be safer week in week out than DWill who was virtually unstartable last year. He had a decent game here and there but it was totally unpredictable week to week. I don't see that changing any. Maybe your RB2 could have came round 3 instead of an aging Steve Smith. The receiver value kept falling, so I wouldn't hate a RB there in the 3rd and come back with a WR in the 5th like Steve Johnson.

Love the Vereen and Fleener picks late. Fun draft to listen to you guys last night!
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:26 am

Team Legacy wrote: I think the mistake came at the Romo pick (hindsight is 20/20) You really needed to secure your RB2 there, somebody you have to start week to week. That's more important than the potential upside of a QB in a watered down scoring system like this one.
I agree. I would've gone RB2 there and held off on QB. Roethlisberger was available later and I would be happy to come away with him, especially given how little value QBs have in this scoring system.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich