Follow The SiriusXM/FSTA Industry League On Monday

Captain Hook

Re: Follow The SiriusXM/FSTA Industry League On Monday

Post by Captain Hook » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:46 am

I think the spot to take a RB2 for Greg's team was in the fifth round where I would have taken Shonn Greene (but not violently objected to McGahee or BJGE)............could still have had Roethlisberger or Schaub or another QB later

I don't agree with Scott about Steve Smith - no reason to think he and Newton will not have lots of success again this year.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:05 am

I love Steve Smith. No reason to think he can't remain a stud fantasy WR with Newton at QB.

Greg's WRs are stacked. No doubt about it. But once the RBs began to evaporate rather than take VJax (who I love) or Romo I think Greg should've targeted his RB2 in one of those rounds. He could've taken Beanie Wells, McGahee or Greene over Jackson or McGahee or Greene over Romo. I probably would've done the former since there was no way to guarantee at least one of those RBs would be there coming back. So McGahee over VJax and then if VJax was gone you could go Romo or go with DeSean Jackson, Stevie Johnson as his WR3. Or go with Finley or Witten at TE.

I've said it before and I'll keep hammering away at this point but there's so much depth at WR this year you don't need to be so aggressive with that position. Britt, DeSean Jackson and Stevie Johnson all went in the fifth round. I think that's great value for each of them, potentially insane value for Britt.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:18 pm

Team Legacy wrote:Good draft Greg. Hard to fault your picks in the spot you were in the draft. Not real sure I like drafting from that spot seeing the results pan out.

I think the mistake came at the Romo pick (hindsight is 20/20) You really needed to secure your RB2 there, somebody you have to start week to week. That's more important than the potential upside of a QB in a watered down scoring system like this one. McGahee, Redman or whoever you like there, just get a back that will be safer week in week out than DWill who was virtually unstartable last year. He had a decent game here and there but it was totally unpredictable week to week. I don't see that changing any. Maybe your RB2 could have came round 3 instead of an aging Steve Smith. The receiver value kept falling, so I wouldn't hate a RB there in the 3rd and come back with a WR in the 5th like Steve Johnson.

Love the Vereen and Fleener picks late. Fun draft to listen to you guys last night!
I just said on SiriusXM that in looking at my draft I probably would have done a few things differently:

1. Taken AJ Green instead of Roddy White in the 2nd round
2. Taken Julio Jones over Steve Smith?? Thought about it. Really wanted Jordy there
3. Should have grabbed an RB2 in the 4th round, maybe Beanie Wells
4. Should have passed on Romo in the 5th round after taking VJ in the 5th. Charlie got Eli much, much later and there probably isn't much of a difference there in this scoring system.
5. I should have grabbed Peyton Hillis instead of DeAngelo and grabbed Alex Green next.

I do think Gonzo-Fleener will be okay at TE and I hope Vereen sticks with the No. 1 unit. There's lots to learn from these early drafts and I think I learned a few things last night. Time to fine-tune my rankings. Still a fun night of drafting, though.

And kudos to John Hansen and Bob Harris. They did a GREAT JOB last night on the air with the analysis. I thought it was the best live draft SiriusXM has run at these events. And we're already talking with them about being involved in our live drafts. Stay tuned.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:47 pm

You did a good job on Sirius Radio this afternoon, Greg, talking about both your draft and the NFFC.

Although that Wisconsin accent was a bit tough to understand... ;)
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Shrink Attack wrote:You did a good job on Sirius Radio this afternoon, Greg, talking about both your draft and the NFFC.

I have a voice for TV and a face for radio Paul!!! :mrgreen:

I was on SiriusXM twice today, three times last Thursday-Friday. Most of the hosts also play NFBC and NFFC and love talking about our contest. We are really getting good exposure on those shows and our ADPs will be provided to all of the hosts so that they can track player values as well. Our deal with John Hansen should also provide more exposure for the NFFC starting in July as John has a three-hour, six days a week fantasy football show on SiriusXM. So get ready for more exposure and more of that northern dialect from me and Tom!! :lol:
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Shrink Attack wrote:You did a good job on Sirius Radio this afternoon, Greg, talking about both your draft and the NFFC.

Paul, I'm beating myself up for taking Roddy White over AJ Green. I know you're a Falcons season ticket holder, so did I do the right thing or should I have taken Roddy? In the next round, should I have taken Steve Smith or Julio Jones? I need to know on those two.

SS

Post by SS » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:52 pm

I really like your WRs Greg. I like Steve Smith (CAR) a lot this year too.

In regards to your Sirius radio guest appearances, are these accessible outside of Sirius, i.e. are they archived anywhere? Thanks!
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:48 pm

SS wrote:I really like your WRs Greg. I like Steve Smith (CAR) a lot this year too.

In regards to your Sirius radio guest appearances, are these accessible outside of Sirius, i.e. are they archived anywhere? Thanks!
I don't believe they are. It's a subscription service, so I don't believe they archive any of the shows on the Internet for public consumption.

Thanks, but don't look at my RB2. That's my one big hole. I'm hoping that Vereen wins the job in New England.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:02 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:

Paul, I'm beating myself up for taking Roddy White over AJ Green. I know you're a Falcons season ticket holder, so did I do the right thing or should I have taken Roddy? In the next round, should I have taken Steve Smith or Julio Jones? I need to know on those two.
Those are all close calls, Greg. In this situation for me, it's safety vs. upside. Roddy is safer...he's a ppr machine, but Green has more upside.

Same with Smith vs. Julio. Smith will continue to get his as a solid #1 in that offense. Julio has the potential to explode, but has to share with Roddy.

I certainly wouldn't take both Roddy and Jones...you'd be one Ryan injury away from total catastrophe. So only taking one Falcon was definitely the right thing to do. Not even the Falcon beat writers know how the receptions will be divided between Roddy and Jones yet, so it's a big unknown.

You picked the older, safer guys over the younger, explosive guys. That might actually work out better for you, so don't sweat it. At least Roddy and Smith are both durable...older but not injury risks.

You'll be fine. I wouldn't be surprised if these four guys don't finish bunched up in the WR6-WR12 range with little total difference between them.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:16 pm

They are replaying it this week. There is also a sirius app on Android that you can download to your phone with a free 7 day subscription only requiring an email address. Did you know you can get unlimited free emails from yahoo?? hmm...
Twitter: @ScottFantasy