Red vs. Blue Live NFFC $150 DC IS NOW SOLD OUT!

Henry Muto

Re: Red vs. Blue Live NFFC $150 DC IS NOW SOLD OUT!

Post by Henry Muto » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Team Legacy wrote:Dragons -- TEAM TO BEAT ---QB - Newton, Ponder, Hill, Webb
RB - Forte, Helu, Dwill, Hillman, D Wilson
WR - VJax, Collie, DHB, Baldwin, Jeffery, Massaquoi, MSW, SSmith (STL), Hagan
TE - Gronk, Gates, D Allen, L Green
DST - Pitt, GB, Minny
PK - Hartley, Feely, Kasay, Suisham, Bullock
I have to respectfully disagree with this! You must been drinking as you were posting this!

:lol:
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

FantasyQB

Post by FantasyQB » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Two small edits at WR for FantasyQB

QB - Tom Brady, Jake Locker, Brian Hoyer
RB - D Murray, SJax, Redman, Pierce, B Brown, C Clay, Rainey, Ringer, K Williams
WR - T Smith, D Moore, M Floyd (SD), B Quick, D Baldwin, J Shipley, Avant, TJ Graham, K Wright
TE - Hernandez, Fleener, Carlson, Housler
DST - Ten, Atl
PK - Barth, M Bryant, Zuerlein

SS

Post by SS » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Scott, thanks for doing the rosters but you made one huge mistake. I have Doug Martin RB TB not D. Baldwin :)

Thanks!
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Azzurri

Post by Azzurri » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:22 pm

SS wrote:My team was TeamCBDC. Actually Greg, there were a few problems in the draft but I think one drafter was new and he didn't understand how the room refreshes everytime you have to stop the draft. I had to leave in the last few rounds because of work on Sat morning so I lost out on an extra defense for the by week which infuriates me because we took so much time dealing with this one issue the entire draft. I could have drafted a few more rounds if it weren't for that one drafter who kept having problems, but he's new.

Cornhuskers, I think that your team is solid just don't like your running backs as much.

I'll post my team later when I have some more time. Good luck to everyone in the league....
I'm not sure who this new drafter is that you speak about, Ive been around here and have used the draft room before it just seemed like it got even worse than i remembered . I will say that the NFFC deserves much better draft software than what Stats is giving them. Compared to other sites i draft at that draft room was a F compared to A's and Bs at the other sites. I could go on but will just mention that I didn't know the trick having to first click the 'ALL' button before clicking on your players from the draft que area. I had gone through the lists and added every player i liked to my draft que box but when i tried to select my players from that box i kept getting an "undefined" error message and then had to go back and find the player on the main list...well after 4-5 rounds of this i finally didn't have enough time to go back and find the player all over again and timed out or had the wrong player drafted from my draft Que box in back to back rounds. I was then informed of the trick to click the ALL link first ( why that works don't ask me!) and was somewhat Ok after that.

The confusion and frustration of getting the undefined error message when clicking on my players names and not getting the picks i wanted did cost me getting a top D and chance of getting three defenses as before i knew it half the D's were gone and I just didn't want to ask for another roll back and just said keep it going and give me what I have. All in all i liked my team and felt i had decent depth all around esp for a 14 team league. I waited on TE but feel I got four of them that should give me a decent enough score weekly to get by.

Saying all that expect for the draft software and glitches i ran into i enjoyed the draft and group very much and Tom was Great in helping me out. The draft was quite long and maybe to long for some of the owners. I do look forward to doing more of these drafts but very likely they will be in the slow draft format. Thanks for the heads up Greg I had a blast!
Pat Tillman is my Hero.

Azzurri

Post by Azzurri » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:59 pm

my team

Azzurri
QB - Big Ben, R. Griffin, Grossman, Skelton
RB - Rice, Bradshaw, Hillis, Hightower, Tolbert, Dwyer, Benson(?), J Bell(det), Ganaway
WR - Marshall, Maclin, Decker, Boldin, D Alexander (ST.L), H.Douglas, V. Brown(SD), B Edwards (?)
TE - Cook, Rudolph, Moeaki, Heap
DST - Miami, Seattle
PK - Nugent, Vinatieri

Waited some at QB and still got rewarded with Big Ben and RG3 and i also took who i feel is the best QB in Ariz and will end up with the best stats there as well..Skelton.

Wanted AJGreen with second pick then decided to take Marshall in what seemed a tad early when Green was drafted a spot or two before my pick. I try to pick players who will end up being the difference makers and the hot players of that year and he fits that thinking for me. I'm quite happy with him and Maclin for my top two WRs with Decker and Boldin behind them.

Bradshaw is also that type if his feet can keep him upright I love him for a #2 runner behind Ray Rice but do wish i could have gotten Wilson. I think Hillis will be a fine #3 and Tolbert will surprise in Caro. Hoping Benson lands in GB and Dwyer gets his chance in Pitt..the others were sleepers but keep an eye on Ganaway in NY. Joquie Bell is a total flyer who caught my eye while playing for NO but runs very hard and could surprise givin the chance. I had much rather a # 3 K or D but none were available for this my last and 30th pick.

Like my Wrs a lot Marshall and Maclin both have top five potential and Decker with Peyton in Den. will have some big games. Boldin should be fine for a #4 WR and im hoping he has a bounce back season with an improving Flacco in Balt. The rest of my Wrs are all WRs who could have good weeks but wont be counted on.

I waited on TE after taking Maclin and Bradshaw with my 3rd and 4th turn picks otherwise my # 2 Rb or Wr would be looking pretty cheap. I felt i put together four Tes that can get me a top 19 Te score weekly and keep me in the hunt to win this league. i will be relying on Cook to play more in the first 10 games like he has the last 6 last year. Rudolph is a sleeper on lots of lists and may end up being Ponder's favorite target this year. Key could be Moeaki who is returning from a missed season and is in a TE friendly offense in KC.

Only spots i feel i missed on were not getting a #3 D and Kicker. Id have much rather had 3 of each and give back a long shot Wr and RB but i had some issues in the middle of the draft and before i knew it half the D's were gone and i really had no choice but to get what i ended up with. I am not one who feels its a must to have three of each and with 14 teams you must get one or two early to get three. I know this id much rather have what i do then the team i noticed that has FIVE kickers and only five RBs on his roster or the team i think i seen that has four D's and just two QB's.

It was a fun draft other than the trouble draft software provided by stats but i love the format and look forward to doing a few more of these in the slow email draft format and possibly another live draft later in the season.

Good luck all!
Pat Tillman is my Hero.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:31 am

Azzurri wrote:my team

Azzurri
QB - Big Ben, R. Griffin, Grossman, Skelton
RB - Rice, Bradshaw, Hillis, Hightower, Tolbert, Dwyer, Benson(?), J Bell(det), Ganaway
WR - Marshall, Maclin, Decker, Boldin, D Alexander (ST.L), H.Douglas, V. Brown(SD), B Edwards (?)
TE - Cook, Rudolph, Moeaki, Heap
DST - Miami, Seattle
PK - Nugent, Vinatieri

Waited some at QB and still got rewarded with Big Ben and RG3 and i also took who i feel is the best QB in Ariz and will end up with the best stats there as well..Skelton.

Wanted AJGreen with second pick then decided to take Marshall in what seemed a tad early when Green was drafted a spot or two before my pick. I try to pick players who will end up being the difference makers and the hot players of that year and he fits that thinking for me. I'm quite happy with him and Maclin for my top two WRs with Decker and Boldin behind them.

Bradshaw is also that type if his feet can keep him upright I love him for a #2 runner behind Ray Rice but do wish i could have gotten Wilson. I think Hillis will be a fine #3 and Tolbert will surprise in Caro. Hoping Benson lands in GB and Dwyer gets his chance in Pitt..the others were sleepers but keep an eye on Ganaway in NY. Joquie Bell is a total flyer who caught my eye while playing for NO but runs very hard and could surprise givin the chance. I had much rather a # 3 K or D but none were available for this my last and 30th pick.

Like my Wrs a lot Marshall and Maclin both have top five potential and Decker with Peyton in Den. will have some big games. Boldin should be fine for a #4 WR and im hoping he has a bounce back season with an improving Flacco in Balt. The rest of my Wrs are all WRs who could have good weeks but wont be counted on.

I waited on TE after taking Maclin and Bradshaw with my 3rd and 4th turn picks otherwise my # 2 Rb or Wr would be looking pretty cheap. I felt i put together four Tes that can get me a top 19 Te score weekly and keep me in the hunt to win this league. i will be relying on Cook to play more in the first 10 games like he has the last 6 last year. Rudolph is a sleeper on lots of lists and may end up being Ponder's favorite target this year. Key could be Moeaki who is returning from a missed season and is in a TE friendly offense in KC.

Only spots i feel i missed on were not getting a #3 D and Kicker. Id have much rather had 3 of each and give back a long shot Wr and RB but i had some issues in the middle of the draft and before i knew it half the D's were gone and i really had no choice but to get what i ended up with. I am not one who feels its a must to have three of each and with 14 teams you must get one or two early to get three. I know this id much rather have what i do then the team i noticed that has FIVE kickers and only five RBs on his roster or the team i think i seen that has four D's and just two QB's.

It was a fun draft other than the trouble draft software provided by stats but i love the format and look forward to doing a few more of these in the slow email draft format and possibly another live draft later in the season.

Good luck all!

I think this is my favorite team after reading through the different rosters - well done!

Wayne

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:22 am

Here's the DRAFT GRID FOR REVIEW:

http://www.diigo.com/item/image/2taux/2kg5

ALL IN
QB - P Manning, K Kolb, M Sanchez
RB - McFadden, Gore, Blount, Leshoure, Mendenhall, Forsett, Lumpkin
WR - A Johnson, SSmith (CAR), Meachem, Breaston, R Moss, M Jones (r), Kerley, Naanee, Dam Williams
TE - Gonzo, Winslow, Boss
DST - Chi, Wash, Ariz, Indy
PK - Hanson, Rackers, Walsh

Starting with stealing McFadden from me, he really ticked me off from the beginning! lol..Is AJ the 2nd best receiver this year? 2nd safest? 2nd highest upside? Those questions are sure to haunt ALL IN until Week 1. Comes back with a WR2 in round 3 Steve Smith. I prefer Cruz, but to each their own. Smith is getting to the age where injuries become a real concern. Also in this format, I believe that WR is the position you can wait on the most. (just my opinion) Peyton at 4.12, we've discussed on Red vs Blue many times this offseason, Peyton or Eli this year. I'm so glad he took Peyton because I didn't want to have to choose! Gore in the 5th. Some would say steal but not me. I'm not sure what Gore is anymore. Is he on his last legs, last hurrah? He played all 16 games last year and finished RB17 and goes RB21 here. It CAN'T get better for Gore right? Hunter year two, LaMichael year one, and in comes Jacobs. This looks bad! Additionally, while his YPC maintained around 4.2, his receptions have dipped to a career low 17. This guy was lock stock 45 catches a year, so this is VERY disturbing. I'd prefer Redman, Stewy Spiller or Best there, basically anyone not named Gore. Gonzo Meachem Blount Moss and Leshoure round out the Top 10. Hard to ever argue with Gonzo's value here and Meachem looks to be a nice pick in that offense. What if Blount is the starter and holds off the rookie? Going for Gold in the 9th with Randy Moss ay? I love the Leshoure pick in the 10th and would have taken him myself had he fell. Solid TEs, Ks and DSTs including a record 4 Ds!
Regardless of player choices, all positions including flex accounted for here. Good job man!

BEST PICK - ROBERT MEACHEM 7.3
WORST PICK - RANDY MOSS 9.3
DRAFT HINGES ON PLAYER - PEYTON MANNING 4.12
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:42 am

Azzurri wrote:
SS wrote:
I'm not sure who this new drafter is that you speak about, Ive been around here and have used the draft room before it just seemed like it got even worse than i remembered . I will say that the NFFC deserves much better draft software than what Stats is giving them. Compared to other sites i draft at that draft room was a F compared to A's and Bs at the other sites. I could go on but will just mention that I didn't know the trick having to first click the 'ALL' button before clicking on your players from the draft que area. I had gone through the lists and added every player i liked to my draft que box but when i tried to select my players from that box i kept getting an "undefined" error message and then had to go back and find the player on the main list...well after 4-5 rounds of this i finally didn't have enough time to go back and find the player all over again and timed out or had the wrong player drafted from my draft Que box in back to back rounds. I was then informed of the trick to click the ALL link first ( why that works don't ask me!) and was somewhat Ok after that.

The confusion and frustration of getting the undefined error message when clicking on my players names and not getting the picks i wanted did cost me getting a top D and chance of getting three defenses as before i knew it half the D's were gone and I just didn't want to ask for another roll back and just said keep it going and give me what I have. All in all i liked my team and felt i had decent depth all around esp for a 14 team league. I waited on TE but feel I got four of them that should give me a decent enough score weekly to get by.

Saying all that expect for the draft software and glitches i ran into i enjoyed the draft and group very much and Tom was Great in helping me out. The draft was quite long and maybe to long for some of the owners. I do look forward to doing more of these drafts but very likely they will be in the slow draft format. Thanks for the heads up Greg I had a blast!
Don, congrats on a good draft and best of luck in this league and all of your leagues this year. Glad you enjoyed it enough to think about coming back for more and I'm glad Tom was able to work through the issues.

What was happening to you was something that we are fixing now, so I apologize. It's a glitch within the que that is being addressed now. Thanks for finding it for us and relaying exactly what you were seeing to Tom. That shouldn't happen as you had your Que set up properly and should have been able to easily draft from there. That won't be a problem going forward.

I think we all get used to draft rooms and judge others by the one you like. I like many of the features we have, especially the fact that you can load your own player default list into your draft room and continue to update it for future drafts. As we all know, the player default lists get old in a hurry and having your personal default list can save you plenty of time when you're making those critical decisions. I hope the next time you use our draft room our grad is better than an F. ;)

Best of luck everyone and we'll take care of this glitch. Thanks and let's plan for another Friday night draft if anyone is interested.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Henry Muto

Post by Henry Muto » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Henry Muto wrote:
Team Legacy wrote:Dragons -- TEAM TO BEAT ---QB - Newton, Ponder, Hill, Webb
RB - Forte, Helu, Dwill, Hillman, D Wilson
WR - VJax, Collie, DHB, Baldwin, Jeffery, Massaquoi, MSW, SSmith (STL), Hagan
TE - Gronk, Gates, D Allen, L Green
DST - Pitt, GB, Minny
PK - Hartley, Feely, Kasay, Suisham, Bullock
Well I sure do like my Forte pick in round 3 right now. I wish I would have done a few things different but drafting in June is so much different than drafting right now. Forte in the 3rd could be the crown jem of my draft though.
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

SS

Post by SS » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Henry, I respectfully disagree. Being a Bears fan, I've seen firsthand almost every week that Forte cannot punch it in on the goal line. Although, Forte is a great receiver and that's where he got a lot of his yards from last year, Bush will steal a lot of carries from him, especially at the goal line. Watch his TD total go down this year. This is why i am staying away from him this year, unless I really have to draft him.
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place