Kenny Britt Arrested For DUI

DonnyG.

Re: Kenny Britt Arrested For DUI

Post by DonnyG. » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:52 pm

This is going to probably sound crazy and won't sit well with the majority but all they have to do is legalize marijuana and many of these dui's will just disappear. End of problem. Just like that. Poof! And unlike alcohol it's SO SO much safer to drive while stoned too so please don't start a debate about safety and people's lives here. Many other countries that are far less developed than ours are already on board with this and just like education, health care and gun control (see today's top news) we are trailing behind further every day :cry:

That's more of a political statement than fantasy football related but still. As far as britt being a complete butt head and waste of talent i echo all of the sentiments expressed here.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:56 pm

DonnyG. wrote:This is going to probably sound crazy and won't sit well with the majority but all they have to do is legalize marijuana and many of these dui's will just disappear. End of problem. Just like that. Poof! And unlike alcohol it's SO SO much safer to drive while stoned too so please don't start a debate about safety and people's lives here. Many other countries that are far less developed than ours are already on board with this and just like education, health care and gun control (see today's top news) we are trailing behind further every day :cry:

That's more of a political statement than fantasy football related but still. As far as britt being a complete butt head and waste of talent i echo all of the sentiments expressed here.
I think you just did that...

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:22 pm

DonnyG. wrote:This is going to probably sound crazy and won't sit well with the majority but all they have to do is legalize marijuana and many of these dui's will just disappear. End of problem. Just like that. Poof! And unlike alcohol it's SO SO much safer to drive while stoned too so please don't start a debate about safety and people's lives here. Many other countries that are far less developed than ours are already on board with this and just like education, health care and gun control (see today's top news) we are trailing behind further every day :cry:

I'm not a marijuana user, but I know for a fact it does cause your reflexes to be slower....and that simply isn't debatable. Therefore, if you legalized it, you could easily argue that there would be MANY more deaths due to DUI. If you legalize it, then you have people who are frequent users thinking it was "ok" to get the behind the wheel because it is "legal".

Not going to get in an argument with you about it Donnie, but legalizing it would not make DUI's "disappear. You are looking at it from a "I got caught" perspective.....where I am looking at it from I don't want someone who is "stoned" behind a wheel while I (or anyone close to me) is on the road.

DonnyG.

Post by DonnyG. » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:32 pm

BillyWaz wrote:

I'm not a marijuana user, but I know for a fact it does cause your reflexes to be slower....and that simply isn't debatable. Therefore, if you legalized it, you could easily argue that there would be MANY more deaths due to DUI. If you legalize it, then you have people who are frequent users thinking it was "ok" to get the behind the wheel because it is "legal".

Not going to get in an argument with you about it Donnie, but legalizing it would not make DUI's "disappear. You are looking at it from a "I got caught" perspective.....where I am looking at it from I don't want someone who is "stoned" behind a wheel while I (or anyone close to me) is on the road.
Yes i knew this wouldn't sit well with most so i'm not surprised but all i can do is say that as a former avid alcohol and maryjane user there is NO doubt which is safer to drive under the influence of. I only use my own personal experience and don't mean to offend or argue with anyone believe me. Before prohibition was lifted many of the same arguments were heard. That's all i'm saying.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:04 pm

I have heard from others that driving while stoned is "easier" than while drunk. So in that case, I won't argue that point.

However, in the words of Chris Rock, "you can drive a car with your feet, but it don't make it a good f****n idea!" :lol: Seriously, I am sure there are plenty of people who can drive well stoned, but you will never convince me they will drive BETTER. While you seem like you have enough common sense to know your "limits", there are far too many people out there who do not, and again, would get behind the wheel because it was legal (even though they should be nowhere near a vehicle).

Not sure if you have children Donny, but I have a stepson who just turned 18, and a daughter and stepdaughter who will be 15 this winter. Them being out on the road at night (since that is when the majority of DUI accidents take place) is something that does (and will continue to) keep me up at night.

I know there are simple "bad drivers" that can cause accidents as well, but legalizing ANOTHER drug that impairs your reflexes, mind, etc. and allowing those people to get behind a wheel......no thanks!

DonnyG.

Post by DonnyG. » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:20 pm

This point can be debated argued passed back and forth forever. Yes i do have children and i feel ya and that's exactly WHY i'm just saying that i would rather have the many stoned drivers on the road every day than the many drunk drivers. Anyday anytime anywhere.

gorgo

Post by gorgo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:31 pm

There is an obvious inverse relationship between brain size and foot speed . With 3 knee surgeries in the past year and a likely suspension looming Britt value has finally hit bottom thank heavens before he killed someone

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:38 pm

It doesn't matter if they make weed legal. these multi million dollar spoiled wangsters would be smokin a blount in one hand , a drink in another with lines on the dash messin with some girl. they never had to follow any rules since they were 12 yrs old. they will push it to the limit.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Erok

Post by Erok » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:42 am

CALI CARTEL wrote:
Erok wrote:Why is this dude in Kentucky anyway????????????
Isnt camp starting soon? Shouldnt he be home or near Tennessee rehabbing his F'n knee?
You do realize that Kentucky and Tennessee border each other. He was in Fort Campbell, Ky which is right on the Tennessee border and is only an hour from Nashville.

(That doesn't excuse the DUI, but his lack of proximity to training camp isn't an issue).
I know. The article I read said he was in Kentucky.

Either way, it shows you his complete and utter arrogance and or stupidity to be wasted and driving into a military base! What did he think would happen?

These players all go out with friends. They are also rich. How hard is it to have someone else drive you? Has to be they want to show off their cars and look cool driving it . I never did get how so many guys could get DUI's in pro sports. Not hard at all to have someone drive you around. 100% avoidable and inexcusable.

The only silver lining is all this is maybe he gets only a 4 game suspension which would give his rickety ass knees another month to heal!
Last edited by Erok on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erok

Post by Erok » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:43 am

Diesel wrote:During the LIVE Red vs Blue NFFC draftchampions a few weeks ago, one of the guys said Nate Washington was one of the most under rated wideouts in fantasy and he was looking at 75-80 catches this year. One word. WOW.
Man, that guy must really be smart;)

Nostradiesels