2 SPOTS LEFT - WED Sep 5, 8PM, Debut NFL Contract Lge, Vegas

Don Draper

Re: The Debut NFL Contract League in Las Vegas

Post by Don Draper » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:25 pm

kjduke wrote:
All bidding money would be added to the private pay pool.
Time to win some serious cash

Don Draper

Re: The Debut NFL Contract League in Las Vegas

Post by Don Draper » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:19 pm

kjduke wrote:Spots are flying off the board now - just added the two best Glenn's in fantasy football.

NFL Contract League
1. KJ Duke
2. Shawn Childs (CC's Desperados)
3. Greg Morgan/PVH
4. Scott Stauffer (BONGIZMO)
5. Mark Srebro (Gordon Gekko)
6. Glenn Lowy (Glenneration X)
7. Glenn Schroter (King of Queens)

standby- Nelson Sousa/Chad Schroeder
has the makings of the most anticipated league of the season :twisted:

Captain Hook

Re: The Debut NFL Contract League in Las Vegas - 7 SPOTS LEF

Post by Captain Hook » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:56 pm

I definitely like the idea of bidding for draft slots - the only question is whether it is real $ or the pusilanimous bidding of FAAB dollars - I vote for the former and the increased prize pool.

I think with owners this knowledgable we can easily finish under three hours - and really if we ran slighltly over into the first few minutes of the DAL/NYG game it is no big deal.

Let's get some more off the sidelines - join a GREAT league and then have a few cold ones afterwards.

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Captain Hook wrote:I definitely like the idea of bidding for draft slots - the only question is whether it is real $ or the pusilanimous bidding of FAAB dollars - I vote for the former and the increased prize pool.
Draft Champions scoring format (no free agents)

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Captain Hook wrote: I think with owners this knowledgable we can easily finish under three hours - and really if we ran slighltly over into the first few minutes of the DAL/NYG game it is no big deal.
30 second (or less) clock anyone? :twisted:

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:14 pm

From the feedback I've gotten so far, it's clear that bidding for draft slots is a winning idea. So let's just make that official. We'll use real money to bid on draft slots, and those funds will be added to your team's payroll, figure into the MOY calculation and bump up the prize pool.

Secondly, one other change based on feedback. It's clear that starting too early in the day doesn't work because a lot of guys aren't coming in that early, so we'll set the start time at 3pm.

This means the league will run into the first half of the game and the kickoff party. I'm guessing we'll be done sometime during halftime. To accomodate the later start, we're going to make this league part of the kickoff party, so the event fee for this league will be $100 rather than $50, however it will include access to the kickoff party (which itself would cost you $100) and all of the food, drinks, big screen TV, etc to go with it. So, if you planned to attend the kickoff party anyway, you'll save $50, and if you weren't going to attend it will cost an extra $50 but you'll get food, drinks and a party to go with your draft.

In half a day and the league is half full. Keep the signups coming!
Last edited by kjduke on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Don Draper wrote:
Captain Hook wrote: I think with owners this knowledgable we can easily finish under three hours - and really if we ran slighltly over into the first few minutes of the DAL/NYG game it is no big deal.
30 second (or less) clock anyone? :twisted:
I would be fine with this IF we had the proviso that each team/drafter had TWO (only) 30 second time outs to use when on the clock for any of their picks.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:43 pm

I've amended the rules to reflect bidding for draft slots, details on bidding will be as follows:

Open bidding will commence with slot #1 and go in descending order. Zero dollars is an acceptable opening bid, and bids will go in $10 increments. After bidding is final for slot #1, the winning bidder will take their place at the table and select a player, after which bidding will commence for slot #2 for the remaining unseated players. This will continue through the entire first round.

If there are no bids for a particular draft slot (for example if all remaining bidders prefer a later slot), that slot will be skipped in the bidding process and we'll go on to the next slot. If this happens, bidding would loop back to any open slots after bidding for slot #14 is complete. Likewise, if a first round slot is skipped, draft selections would continue with later slots picking before the skipped slot for the first round only. For example, if there are 4 remaining bidders and all wanted the #14 slot and failed to bid on #11-13, the winning bid for slot #14 would pick ahead of #11-13 in the first round. Once all slots are filled, all rounds after round one would go in the normal 3RR order.

All money bids will be added to your team payroll and will be due at the end of the draft. They also will count against your payroll for the MOY calculation.

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:42 pm

This is great and the competition will be solid. Doubt anything is going to slip to far in this league. Halfway full on the first day, let's finish it up.

Scott
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:00 pm

Adding another to the list. :)

NFL Contract League
1. KJ Duke
2. Shawn Childs (CC's Desperados)
3. Greg Morgan/PVH
4. Scott Stauffer (BONGIZMO)
5. Mark Srebro (Gordon Gekko)
6. Glenn Lowy (Glenneration X)
7. Glenn Schroter (King of Queens)