Sirius Radio Experts League Draft

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:48 pm

Eddie, I don't think I will ever take part in a draft where I take a QB in the first three rounds. It doesn't matter who's on the board; I'm just not going to do it. And as it turned out, I think my Hasselbeck/Brees combo will be very good.

I do agree that Manning falling as far as he did was ridiculous. That's the first time I've seen him fall out of the Top 6 in any draft. That was nothing short of shocking.

Gordon, I'm not a big Santana Moss fan but grabbing him as my WR4 at that point in the draft did represent tremendous value.

Overall I'm very happy with my team. I may have reached a bit to take Willie Parker as my RB4 but I love the upside there -- especially given the injury issues surrounding Staley and Bettis. Caplan called that pick "ballsy" and we'll see if it pans out. I debated between Green and Dillon as my RB2 and went with Green due to the point/reception factor. I like my Top 3 RBs and I think I'm very strong at WR.

We'll see how it plays out.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:49 pm

Joe, are you talking about the NFFC? Yes, TD passes in our event are worth 6 points.

If you're talking about this Sirius draft, TD passes are worth 4 points in this league.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:51 pm

Back to my QB situation, when Hasselbeck has his bye in Week 8, the Chargers face the Chiefs in San Diego.

:D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

joeypar

Post by joeypar » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:55 pm

Tom,

Thanks...was taking about Sirius...but that could mean 80 less points for Manning in that league vs. NFFC...which obviously is a HUGE diffrence. Altough it seems he still lasted too long.

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:24 pm

Holy ****! Please sign me up for this league as soon as it takes place again! D.Davis at #4? L.Jordan and Portis before Manning? Get real! I didn't' have time to thouroughly study the lineups but I'm sorry Tom, you're a nice guy but I'd be standing atop the Tappan Zee right now with that team. In a 12 team league to wait on Culpepper and Manning until the second round seems a little odd to me.

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:15 am

At second glance, maybe not that bad. A bit thin for my liking though.