Message Board Handicapping Challenge Rules

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:21 am

(1) This event is in no way affiliated with or sanctioned by Krause or the NFFC. It is simply a contest between members of the message board. It is opened to anyone that wants to participate.

(2) Lines: NNOY will post all lines for the contest each Friday at 12pm Central time. We will use the lines listed at http://www.bowmans.com. All lines can be verified right off their site. All picks are considered to be –110 regardless if the line is actually –120/EV or some other deviation from –110/-110. We are measuring correct and incorrect picks, therefore the vig for the line is not relevant (note that the lines will be posted during Bowman’s 5 cent juice Fridays.) (Note for Thanksgiving week or any week that includes a Thursday or Friday game we will post lines at NOON on Wednesday.)

(3) The lines will LOCK for the week at 12pm Central on Friday (or Wednesday if applicable). All line movement after that time will not count for purposes of the contest. We will act as if we all paid a Friday afternoon visit to Vegas and locked in at that time.

(4) Ties (pushes) will could as .5W and .5L just as in the NFL.

(5) Fee is $50. NNOY will hold the money in escrow and pay the winner (most likely himself) within one hour of the final game of the regular season. You can mail him a check or money order or pay via paypal. Send him an e-mail with the header “MB Handicapping Contest Entry” to [email protected] for information regarding payment or to officially enter.

(6) This contest is winner take all. If there is a tie the person with the most correct week 17 picks will be the winner, if there is still a tie we move to week 16 and all the way back to week 7. If two teams are still tied they will split the pot.

(7) Missed week: if you forget to post your picks you will be assigned the lowest score for any participant that does submit for that week. Hopefully this does not happen. If the MB is down then e-mail your picks to [email protected] and NNOY will post them as soon as the board goes live. I will also provide my cell number to all contest entrants (yes just what I want a call from Gekko to harass me.)

(8) Deadline: You must have all your picks posted prior to the start of the first 1pm game on Sunday. DO NOT edit your posted selections after a game has started, this will be interpreted as forfeit for the week. If you want to include any game that occurs prior to Sunday you must select all three of your games prior to that game.

(9) There will be 11 weeks of three games per week for a total of 33 possible points.

(10) The deadline for entry is Sunday 10-24-04 at 10am CDT. Anyone that thinks they know their handicapping is more than welcomed to join. In a perfect world we will get 10-20 people, so pass the word. If there are any questions then please post them on this thread.

If you are in please post: "I'm in" below.

Thanks,

NNOY

[ October 20, 2004, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: nnoy ]

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:26 am

I'm in.

KW3

Post by KW3 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:05 pm

I'm in.

I have one suggestion....instead of 3 games per week what about no min per week but a total of 33 picks over 11 weeks. If you only like 2 games in one week than make 2 selections and make it up in another week.

What do think? I'm in either way but I think the contest is a lot better with this option.

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:27 am

It sounds like we are all sophisticated enough to manage a 33-pick budget. It would add a little strategy to the game regarding the use of the 33 golden selections. If we do this we will amend the rules to state:

Up to 33 picks will be selected over the remaining 11 weeks of the NFL season. Once 33 picks are submitted the contestant cannot make another selection. If 33 picks are not made the unused picks will be scored as a loss.

The other adjustment would need to be if two or more contestants ended with the same number of correct selections. We would have to simply make the contests a tie at that point and split the winnings equally.

I’m open to the original rules or this change. Everyone can vote and we will go with the majority’s choice.

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:45 am

Originally posted by nnoy:
NNOY will hold the money in escrow and pay the winner (most likely himself) NN :rolleyes: Y...You may just be "lucky" enough to win the thing. Believe me, whoever does win, it WILL be luck. What say we have a side bet on picking the high scorer out of Vick and Favre each week? ;)

Seriously, send your Paypal name to my e-mail address ([email protected]), and I'll send the funds for myself and my friend Tommy a.k.a. Blown Coverage-NY League 4,(I think). I don't know his MB name, but I'll have him post to this thread to confirm his entry. Good luck and let's start recruiting for this thing. Also in your e-mail to me, include the phone number for your show and the night and time to call in. You need to add some Philly flava to your guest list. :cool:
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:17 am

I'm in

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:47 am

Primo: the call-in for the show is 866-371-4STC. We would love to add some Philly flavor to our weekly analysis. Also I’ll try to get the leader of the contest on each week so they can talk up how good (lucky) they are.

I’ll send you an e-mail in a few. Let’s get as many people as possible in this thing. I’ll pitch it hardcore on my show this Thursday as well.

David Wooderson

Post by David Wooderson » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:19 am

NNoy,
Im in but a question, the deadline should be 10-24, not 11-24 right?

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:37 am

Originally posted by David Wooderson:
NNoy,
Im in but a question, the deadline should be 10-24, not 11-24 right? Correct. I have edited the post.

Thanks,

NNOY

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:36 am

I think that my friend Tommy is on board. I'll call him later and have him post to the board. Nnoy...what's a good time to call the show tonight? EST.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.