Primetime/Classic/Online Champ Payouts

HossJWW

Primetime/Classic/Online Champ Payouts

Post by HossJWW » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:14 am

I think the turnout for the leagues would be better if the overall payouts weren't so top heavy. The odds of winning first place in the Online Championship is almost astronomical. I'm not sure the 1 in 1600 odds of winning $100k get that many people to sign up. I might as well go spend $350 on scratch-off lottery tickets.

Last year I was in the Online and made the playoffs but quickly realized you have to have the one in a million team to have any chance of winning the overall prize. This year I elected to do a $500 satellite league since all the money stays within the 12 person league.

Speaking of satellites, I was interested in joining a $1000 satellite but they are all full.

Another thing about satellites - with only a few people in the peoples why can't we have head-to-head playoffs? Adding up point totals between four people for three weeks isn't very exciting.

CALI CARTEL

Re: Primetime/Classic/Online Champ Payouts

Post by CALI CARTEL » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:55 pm

The whole point of the games here are the Overall Prizes. If you want a stand alone 12-team league, go find 11 friends/co-workers and put in $350 and draft yourselves.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Playing the lottery involves no skill and your odds are totally a joke. Here for $350 you have a decent chance to make money in your own league (there are only 11 other teams) and a very real chance to win $100K as compared to the lottery.

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:19 pm

I can tell by this post, this guy is a local league type of guy. There is nothing wrong with that and I am happy you tried out the NFFC. There are many options with NFFC. This is the best game in town. That said, you can't make everyone happy no matter how hard you try.
You must enjoy something about NFFC because you came back, albeit for a Satellite league, but you did come back. 8-)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:40 pm

HossJWW wrote:I think the turnout for the leagues would be better if the overall payouts weren't so top heavy. The odds of winning first place in the Online Championship is almost astronomical. I'm not sure the 1 in 1600 odds of winning $100k get that many people to sign up. I might as well go spend $350 on scratch-off lottery tickets.

Last year I was in the Online and made the playoffs but quickly realized you have to have the one in a million team to have any chance of winning the overall prize. This year I elected to do a $500 satellite league since all the money stays within the 12 person league.

Speaking of satellites, I was interested in joining a $1000 satellite but they are all full.

Another thing about satellites - with only a few people in the peoples why can't we have head-to-head playoffs? Adding up point totals between four people for three weeks isn't very exciting.
I understand the feelings in your post, but the customer is driving this engine not the game operators. The customer is demanding bigger grand prizes and we are offering them. The $1,000 Satellite League that we have full is the only one. We have 1 $1,000 Satellite League this year and we're hoping for 2 $500 leagues. Instead, we'll have 120+ Online Championship Leagues with a $350 entry fee, not much lower than $500. Why? Because there's a $100,000 grand prize attached to it.

It is tough to win this grand prize, but it's not a 1-in-1 million. First of all, only 2 teams from each league make the Championship Round of the NFFC Online Championship. If we finish with 123 leagues, then 250 or so teams will be in the Championship Round. One of those teams HAS to finish with the highest score, so it might as well be yours. Is it easy to do? Of course, not, but you're not competing against all 1,596 teams, you're competing against the 250+ teams in the Championship Round.

I wish the high-dollar satellite leagues were bigger too, but the customer is king and I am just their servant!! :lol:
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

HossJWW

Post by HossJWW » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:42 pm

You guys are missing my point. I have no problem with overall payouts, I'm just saying instead of paying the Online Champ $100k, make is say $80k and dive up the money to the lower overall finishers.

For example I think you should get more than $1000 for finishing 10th overall out of 1600 entries.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:27 pm

HossJWW wrote:You guys are missing my point. I have no problem with overall payouts, I'm just saying instead of paying the Online Champ $100k, make is say $80k and dive up the money to the lower overall finishers.

For example I think you should get more than $1000 for finishing 10th overall out of 1600 entries.
That's a fair point. I believe the customer (that would be many of us) voted on this and felt the bigger grand prize was what we wanted. Greg and the NFFC has also raised league prizes. I suppose if/when they get to 2,000 entries they can keep the top where it is and make the next 10-15 prizes bigger.